rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
any big changes you noticed?
If I am reading correctly, it looks like a black hardtop is now an option on the 4xe. Previously only color matched hard top was available.
Sponsored

kevinfloats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered JLU Sport Altitude
A few things! I wanted a Sahara, but I'm not a huge fan of the chrome accents. I know I'll miss some of the "creature comforts" of the Sahara, but with the Altitude I get wheels and trim I LIKE, get the HD brakes (I feel like having better brakes is never a bad thing), Sahara suspension (my wife HATED my WRX so I figure anything that may make the ride a bit better, even if it isn't noticeable is a plus).

PLUS, when I priced out my configuration identically to a Sport S (Cold Weather Group, Tech Group, Dual Top, Safety, 8.4" Group, LED Headlights, Anti Spin Axle, Tow Group, and HT Headliner to make it Apples-to-Apples for the Altitude), it was around a $500 difference. Well worth $500 for better brakes, the blacked out look, and the 18" wheels
I also went for the Sport Altitutde. The price actually worked out basically the same as Sport S the way I configured it. The bigger black wheels and suspension were the cherry on top. I'm really excited to see how it comes out. I ordered with manual transmission (no regrets) - so I need to wait a little longer for the recall now.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I also went for the Sport Altitutde. The price actually worked out basically the same as Sport S the way I configured it. The bigger black wheels and suspension were the cherry on top. I'm really excited to see how it comes out. I ordered with manual transmission (no regrets) - so I need to wait a little longer for the recall now.
I'm in the same boat! Hopefully not much longer for us manual folks

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If I am reading correctly, it looks like a black hardtop is now an option on the 4xe. Previously only color matched hard top was available.
But the dual top group, which is listed with the default black top, is still giving the painted top price, so that needs to be fixed.

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
But the dual top group, which is listed with the default black top, is still giving the painted top price, so that needs to be fixed.
Dual top group says w/HT3 which is the painted hardtop. This now matches what the order system has been allowing but still no HT1 black hard top bundled with the dual top option.

MeepMeep!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Telluride
Right there with both of you, thanks for sharing those details!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The chrome accents were the first things I spray painted over when I got my Sahara, not a big deal to change your purchase decisions over IMO.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Dual top group says w/HT3 which is the painted hardtop. This now matches what the order system has been allowing but still no HT1 black hard top bundled with the dual top option.
I should have specified it shows HT1 included with the Dual Top Group for the Rubicon 4xe, but at the HT3 price, which is shown for the Sahara 4xe. Although, it is strange that it still shows the HT1 as the default with AEN on both trims.
Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides Screenshot_20210217-203529_Drive

Sponsored

N75

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
I should have specified it shows HT1 included with the Dual Top Group for the Rubicon 4xe, but at the HT3 price, which is shown for the Sahara 4xe. Although, it is strange that it still shows the HT1 as the default with AEN on both trims.
Jeep Wrangler JL Latest 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU Order Guides Screenshot_20210217-203529_Drive
Oh strange - I was looking at just the Sahara, they were consistently wrong before :). I would say check with your dealer on what the order system allows, that will be the truth.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
not a real loss for me lol, Im aggravated Gecko hasn't come back yet.
I have had a 2018, 2019, and 2020 Punk'n JLUR. I wish they would bring that back. Chief was the color i was considering for a 2021 or 2022 order. I also like Sarge, or a good desert tan. I do like Gecko as well. while maybe not popular, I would actually really like extreme Purple to make it over. I have always liked the look of a Purple Jeep with Aluminum fenders and armor.

Jeepguy1733

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I was ready to order a chief Rubicon today only to find out it’s no longer offered. Then I was told about gecko so I’m wondering when it will show up also. I’m calling the dealership tomorrow and see if anyone knows anything but I’m sure they don’t
Sponsored