Sponsored

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My mom ordered a manual Rubicon on December 05, it was slated to ship on Thursday 02/18. I presume this means they will be holding the order at the factory until this is resolved?
Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Crap. I was planning to place my order on Monday. Honestly may go automatic at this point. Assuming no ETA on when this would resolve?
Don’t do it. A year ago now, the manuals were halted and I had to wait. Started looking at automatics because I was a little impatient. I held out, finally delivered in July, and I couldn’t be happier with the manual.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
For those waiting on delivery, I doubt you'll wait too long. As I've said before, on one of these forums, it should be logistically pretty easy to get this out there once finalized and approved. Much easier than distributing parts.

I'm guessing that new production gets it first, followed by any sitting at the factory. Then dealership stock, including those waiting to be delivered. Of course, there is very little dealer stock, so if yours is waiting, it should be done almost immediately when the dealer gets the program. Then, folks like me, who are driving them every day, will get it last.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My mom ordered a manual Rubicon on December 05, it was slated to ship on Thursday 02/18. I presume this means they will be holding the order at the factory until this is resolved?
They might ship it and do the update at the dealership. Hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if they go ahead and ship it and then hold it there. At least your Mom would be able to go sit in it while it waits, if at the dealership.

My friend who is a service advisor said once they get the update it is pretty easy and quick to get it done. Beats waiting for parts, which can backlog the whole works.

Not sure how long the actual update process takes. I know when they updated my Uconnect manually with the Off Road Pages, it took a couple hours, IIRC. But some of that is check in and paperwork, etc, I'm sure.

Anyone know how long the actual PCM update takes once plugged in? Surely someone has had a PCM update unrelated to this. I've also heard someone with a 2018 say the newest 3.6 update smooths some things out a bit, too. I hope the update includes all the latest code.

OP
OP

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Don’t do it. A year ago now, the manuals were halted and I had to wait. Started looking at automatics because I was a little impatient. I held out, finally delivered in July, and I couldn’t be happier with the manual.
My wife is getting a Rubicon once the software is flashed. She’s been insistent on staying manual, now thinking about her decision.
I’m happy to read you’ve had a good experience with the manual. What do you like most about it?

Sponsored

rba89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLU
I placed my order for a manual almost exactly a year ago to the date and it was delivered in June/July. I am glad I waited for the manual, too.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is getting a Rubicon once the software is flashed. She’s been insistent on staying manual, now thinking about her decision.
I’m happy to read you’ve had a good experience with the manual. What do you like most about it?
I've had nothing but glorious bliss with mine. Never a problem. I run it hard and pull a boat with it. 41k on the clock. LOTS of off-roading, too. Had a BLAST drift busting on country roads last night. I'd buy one right now if looking at a new Jeep, but that's just me. I know several others personally with manuals and they all love them.

What I like most is going through the gears on a twisty road with the top down and doors off and hearing that sweet engine. I've got an axle back Magnaflow that makes it sound even better. I enjoy it as much as music. I also enjoy wheeling with the manual. I've never actually been on a serious off-road trip with anything else, unless you count the CVT in my 4 wheelers.

My only complaint is the tall reverse gear. It is a bit ridiculous. Backing up a hill is where it is a pain, especially with a boat on the back. But my JK is the same way, so I live with it. I've learned to just unhook the boat once it is on the bottom of the driveway and manhandle it to get it in the garage.

;):LOL:When I get flashed, I'll report on it. And I'll let you know about the Jeep, too, once it gets flashed, too!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You are correct.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
You are correct.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
it would be helpful if Jeep could notify those who ordered as well as the dealers. She called the dealer and they were clueless.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
it would be helpful if Jeep could notify those who ordered as well as the dealers. She called the dealer and they were clueless.
right? it'd be nice to inform the people who are wondering why their jeep has been waiting in the "quality inspection" storage facility for weeks. The FCA customer support people on the online chat didn't even know what i was talking about when i asked them if the clutch recall is effecting my build status. they just give me the "please be assured that we take quality control very seriously" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i think any manufacture is lying if they say that.
anyway. I dont care at all about this recall, itll be fine, im going to love my jeep, but itd be cool for a little bit of communication when were trying to time a very expensive deal with a lot of moving parts for most people

Sponsored

JennnyB

First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Human Resources

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
I placed my order for a manual almost exactly a year ago to the date and it was delivered in June/July. I am glad I waited for the manual, too.
I ordered my manual in June, it was delivered in October and I have zero regrets, even with the hassle of the recall.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some dealers are clueless even when told. For example, they've all been told that the new 3.6 takes 5 quarts and it is in all their documentation. But they still don't know. LOL!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
right? it'd be nice to inform the people who are wondering why their jeep has been waiting in the "quality inspection" storage facility for weeks. The FCA customer support people on the online chat didn't even know what i was talking about when i asked them if the clutch recall is effecting my build status. they just give me the "please be assured that we take quality control very seriously" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL i think any manufacture is lying if they say that.
anyway. I dont care at all about this recall, itll be fine, im going to love my jeep, but itd be cool for a little bit of communication when were trying to time a very expensive deal with a lot of moving parts for most people
Actually, I think they do take it seriously. I've known engineers in QC and they are passionate. But they have many barriers to overcome, including massive bureaucracies at any car company and then there is another BIG complication that often throws a wrench in what they do and the processes involved in recalls and fixes.......attorneys. (No offence to any forum friends that are attorneys, but it is true.)

But with the speed that technology allows communication today, it makes official pipelines look slow. Why? Because they have to get everything exactly right before it goes out and it often has to be dummy proof. And then did I mention attorneys? They have to go over every inch of it, too.

So it takes time and can be frustrating when we on a forum know more than the dealer. Happens a lot.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I have good and bad news. I just placed the order for my new Wrangler! I wound up going with the auto :(. NOTHING to do with this recall in the least! I currently have a V6 auto 18 sport, ordered a 21 Willys 2.0.
Sponsored