Sponsored

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

Did you get the proximity entry feature with your JL?

• Total voters

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I have too many options on my build sheet I am finalizing today. Wife says I have to cut about 3000 dollars to make the payment a little cheaper. This was one of them things I was going to cut including the headliner installation that's almost five hundred bucks. I don't want that or need it can I add that later if I need it. Soft tops don't have it so it can't be that big of a deal on a hardtop. Going to have to cut cold weather package don't have a choice that's almost 900. My Jeep stays in the garage now anytime I'm home it stays in the in the garage hot or cold. My says she's the one that needs it her new car is outside all the time LOL. I've had remote start before never used it didn't need at home in the mornings or afternoons if I went somewhere hot or cold. I don't see myself using it leaving restaurants never did that either so I don't think I'll need the remote start either. If I add that that's almost 500 so you might as well get the cold weather package for another 300. Was going to drop the leather and that would put me at 3000 that I've dropped off but I'm not getting the cloth I'm going to go with the leather I want the letter after seeing and talking to people. Every time I take my dog somewhere the hair stick to this cloth seats I have now it's a mess to get off he's a long haired Australian Shepherd. Not getting the safety group package don't want to have to replace tail lights at 800 bucks. And not interested in blind-spot indicators anyway. Nothing else I really want to cut everything else I need
So you park your car in the garage and you make your wife park her car outside?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know somebody that used to work for the dealer he told me they told him in meetings lie to the customer no matter what. Get them in the door and get them to talk to a manager and we'll take it from there. That figures because that's what I always hear I need you to talk to my manager please before you leave. Every dealership I've been to I hear that I'll get in trouble if you don't talk to my manager. I told one sales man you need to get another job somewhere else if it's that high pressure

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have too many options on my build sheet I am finalizing today. Wife says I have to cut about 3000 dollars to make the payment a little cheaper. This was one of them things I was going to cut including the headliner installation that's almost five hundred bucks. I don't want that or need it can I add that later if I need it. Soft tops don't have it so it can't be that big of a deal on a hardtop. Going to have to cut cold weather package don't have a choice that's almost 900. My Jeep stays in the garage now anytime I'm home it stays in the in the garage hot or cold. My says she's the one that needs it her new car is outside all the time LOL. I've had remote start before never used it didn't need at home in the mornings or afternoons if I went somewhere hot or cold. I don't see myself using it leaving restaurants never did that either so I don't think I'll need the remote start either. If I add that that's almost 500 so you might as well get the cold weather package for another 300. Was going to drop the leather and that would put me at 3000 that I've dropped off but I'm not getting the cloth I'm going to go with the leather I want the letter after seeing and talking to people. Every time I take my dog somewhere the hair stick to this cloth seats I have now it's a mess to get off he's a long haired Australian Shepherd. Not getting the safety group package don't want to have to replace tail lights at 800 bucks. And not interested in blind-spot indicators anyway. Nothing else I really want to cut everything else I need
Reduce the amount of times you take her out to dinner (cheaper to eat healthier at home anyway), reduce the amount of Starbucks visits, and cut out other non-essential expenditures and voilà... fully loaded 2018 Wrangler JL. :)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So you park your car in the garage and you make your wife park her car outside?
When I say new I don't need brand new mine is newer than hers and yes she doesn't have all the expensive wheels and tires on mine that can get stolen like they been stealing around here. With three cars including my daughters we would have to get up and jockey cars around in the mornings all the time so he mines in the garage that way when she leaves at 6 in the morning we don't have to move vehicles for her to back out of the garage. And we dont park any in the street because they would get hit the way people drive up and down these streets it's happened before

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Unfortunately, there are many who don't know anything, and just guess. There is a thread about stupid things overheard at the dealer.
I had a friend one time that had to almost threatened to kick their as#. They would not give him his keys back to let him leave. He was unhappy and was tired of the games that were playing and he had to threaten them they would not give him his keys back. They kept trying to talk to him and saying they don't know who has the keys he was so freaking pissed

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I had a friend one time that had to almost threatened to kick their as#. They would not give him his keys back to let him leave. He was unhappy and was tired of the games that were playing and he had to threaten them they would not give him his keys back. They kept trying to talk to him and saying they don't know who has the keys he was so freaking pissed
Similar experience at local dealer when I bought my JKU. I thought I would give them another chance for the JL and same bullshit

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
When I say new I don't need brand new mine is newer than hers and yes she doesn't have all the expensive wheels and tires on mine that can get stolen like they been stealing around here. With three cars including my daughters we would have to get up and jockey cars around in the mornings all the time so he mines in the garage that way when she leaves at 6 in the morning we don't have to move vehicles for her to back out of the garage. And we dont park any in the street because they would get hit the way people drive up and down these streets it's happened before
Makes sense. I don't think you will miss the stuff you are cutting. If you are on a budget make sure you get the 5% off invoice deal and look into BonusDrive to get $500 back. It adds up. Good luck!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Similar experience at local dealer when I bought my JKU. I thought I would give them another chance for the JL and same bullshit
This other dealer that I was at a couple weeks ago i was getting tired and wanting to leave and he gave me some paper to read. It was their final offer and I said I need to go get my glasses out of my Jeep. He said I'll go get them I'll go get them I said I thought you didn't know where my keys were he said don't worry I'll go get them. They were afraid if I walked out to my Jeep to get my glasses I was going to take off LOL and I probably would have

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
This other dealer that I was at a couple weeks ago i was getting tired and wanting to leave and he gave me some paper to read. It was their final offer and I said I need to go get my glasses out of my Jeep. He said I'll go get them I'll go get them I said I thought you didn't know where my keys were he said don't worry I'll go get them. They were afraid if I walked out to my Jeep to get my glasses I was going to take off LOL and I probably would have
With a middle finger hanging out the window. Lmao. They wonder why they have bad reputations

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Makes sense. I don't think you will miss the stuff you are cutting. If you are on a budget make sure you get the 5% off invoice deal and look into BonusDrive to get $500 back. It adds up. Good luck!
Yes they are matching the deal from Arkansas that the guy was giving me . It's a really good deal. I'm getting it for 48,000 with every feature except the safety group and the Dual top and of course painted top or painted fenders. But wife wants me to get down to about 45 so I'm knocking off those things to get down to it. She makes her car payment I make my own but unfortunately it takes both of us to sign the loan because of our house payment. And if she doesn't want to sign it with that high of a payment I'm not going to make try to make her she's responsible for it with her. Yes I am on a fixed income first time in about 40 years. If I was still working for the airline's like I did for 32 years it would be no problem. But I do feel fortunate enough to be retired and get a pension these days

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That's why they call them Stealer ships. My service guy that I use was out on injury and the one guy was trying to give me an oil change at $69 and I was complaining saying that's way too high I never paid that much. Then another service advisor stood up and came over and said why don't you pay $120 now and you get four of them good for two years. it comes out to $30 a oil change. I could not believe what he just said. I looked at the guy that was talking to me at first and said you're fired sit down. Then I told the other guy you're my service advisor till don comes back to work. Everyone laughed he his face turned so red. He was trying to screw me. Good example you can't trust them$135 an hour is what they charge on labor. it's like a freaking attorney LOL

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
I know somebody that used to work for the dealer he told me they told him in meetings lie to the customer no matter what. Get them in the door and get them to talk to a manager and we'll take it from there. That figures because that's what I always hear I need you to talk to my manager please before you leave. Every dealership I've been to I hear that I'll get in trouble if you don't talk to my manager. I told one sales man you need to get another job somewhere else if it's that high pressure
It's such bad practice to behave that way in this day and age. We're all busy people. I personally haven't done a face to face car deal in a decade. Saves on the headache for both dealer and customer. Everyone goes away happy. Unfortunately that style of sale must work for the average consumer or they would have been abandoned it long ago.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It's such bad practice to behave that way in this day and age. We're all busy people. I personally haven't done a face to face car deal in a decade. Saves on the headache for both dealer and customer. Everyone goes away happy. Unfortunately that style of sale must work for the average consumer or they would have abandoned it long ago.[/QUOTE
It's such bad practice to behave that way in this day and age. We're all busy people. I personally haven't done a face to face car deal in a decade. Saves on the headache for both dealer and customer. Everyone goes away happy. Unfortunately that style of sale must work for the average consumer or they would have abandoned it long ago.
Especially now when there's so much competition and everyone is trying to get your business. You think they would go out of their way to be honest and competitive to earn your business but no you still have them wanting to lie cheat and do whatever it takes to get your business unbelievable

Calexb

First Name
Carlton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Granite Crystal - Manual - Loaded
I opted for it. I have it on my current car and had it on the other car before that so I have been using it for the last 10 years. I would really miss it. I have never had an issue with it. The one thing I will really miss going from my current car to my JLUR is heads-up display. I will have to research to see if there is an aftermarket addition for that. Remote start is not available on the manual and I am getting a manual, so I will never have to take the key out of my pocket until I walk into the house....
Sponsored