Sponsored

If you sold your Jeep today, how and what’s next?

BlackToe

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0T
Hey Dave. What about a 4runner? Possibly a TRD Pro. They are great vehicles. Not a wrangler for sure but still fun, very capable off road, and drive nice on the freeway. I currently own a '20 JLUR but have previously owned 2 5th gen 4runners. Loved them both. Sure as stated by many the engine and drive train feel a bit outdated, but they are damn reliable. Just a thought.
Sponsored

cchambers74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
My mother just got a 2021 Z71 Tahoe and she loves it, drives great and well refined, they seem to be making a little more of an effort to make it fun, at least they paint the tow hooks red now..

SUV or truck most likely.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wouldn’t sell, except for maaaaybe upgrading to a 392, but if you do, I’d suggest something with 4x4 or AWD, for sure. The new Defender is apparently a great highway, off-road vehicle, but I’d buy as much of an extended warranty as possible.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
My personal preferences are no crossovers and it will have 4 wheel drive. Top picks: 3/4 ton 4x4 truck or Gladiator Mojave truck or a Grand Cherokee with a Hemi engine.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Ford Bronco Sport or the 2022 model of the Hyundai Tucson. Its a bit longer than the old model.

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a JLUR, if I didn't have it no more maybe a 2.0 JLUR or a diesel? Or a 2021 base model corvette

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Frontier Pro 4X or Ram Rebel with the V8. Within their respective class they are the superior driving trucks and have factory provided off-road capbility.

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
If I sold my Jeep today I would most likely buy a Porsche Macan.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Try getting a price from Vroom online as well. Have sold multiple vehicles to them over the last few years and always got great pricing, especially on Jeep’s.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I was going to say get a SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I gather from reading your post that the company only pays a portion and you are contributing some of your own money. IMO don't put your money towards a company car. Take what they will give you (if that means a Camry get the Camry). Put your money towards your vehicle (or save up and get what you want) and perhaps get the Rubicon you want.

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was going to say get a SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee, but I gather from reading your post that the company only pays a portion and you are contributing some of your own money. IMO don't put your money towards a company car. Take what they will give you (if that means a Camry get the Camry). Put your money towards your vehicle (or save up and get what you want) and perhaps get the Rubicon you want.

They pay up to $700 plus the fuel. It’s my car so they are essentially making my payment for me.

Right now they pay my $476 payment on the wrangler - so I’m leaving money on the table.

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just sold my '18 Mazda3 to Carvana. It was super easy and they gave me a pretty good price - $3k higher than CarMax (what a waste of time) and was at the high end of private party pricing. Got a quote and did paperwork and they picked up the car 2 days later. The loan was paid off within a week and got the title a few days later. Got the money in excess of the loan balance the same day they picked up the car. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Word of warning: you MUST have a non-expired drivers license even if your state has a COVID grace period and you need a .pdf or photo of your loan payoff quote - you can't just give them a number. Need to be a photo or scan of a piece of paper.

If I sold mine, I'd honestly just pocket the money until I was commuting regularly again and put it toward my dream car savings.

If I wanted something to soak up miles I'd get a 3/5 series or an S4/A6 or something. If you wanted something SUV-shaped then I have no idea - new Land Rover Defender?

Thanks for this tip, I had never thought to check Vroom. They just sent an offer of $42k for my Wrangler. I bought it for $38,600 before tax and title. With tax and title it was like $41,500. Might go this route.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for this tip, I had never thought to check Vroom. They just sent an offer of $42k for my Wrangler. I bought it for $38,600 before tax and title. With tax and title it was like $41,500. Might go this route.
Nice. I got quotes from Vroom, Carvana, and CarMax. Vroom offered the most initially but refused to complete the sale because of my expired DL. They kept taking $500 off their offer every time I tried to follow up and eventually Carvana offered top dollar.

Vroom sounds like the right option for you, seems like you're going to be able to get paid to have driven your JL which is pretty dang good. I'd take the money and run.

What are you thinking for your next vehicle? Still staying with an SUV or considering sedans/coupes?

Edit: Just saw on the prior page you're thinking SUV or pickup. I really don't have much to offer there other than my BIL's nearly-fully loaded V8 F-150 has been very reliable and comfortable for him over the last 3.5 years/80k miles and I think was around $50-55k or something new. I'd also look at a Land Rover Defender or something luxurious and capable. If I had that kind of coin for an everyday driver I'd be looking luxury, not pickup but that's me.

OP
OP
Goosed

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Nice. I got quotes from Vroom, Carvana, and CarMax. Vroom offered the most initially but refused to complete the sale because of my expired DL. They kept taking $500 off their offer every time I tried to follow up and eventually Carvana offered top dollar.

Vroom sounds like the right option for you, seems like you're going to be able to get paid to have driven your JL which is pretty dang good. I'd take the money and run.

What are you thinking for your next vehicle? Still staying with an SUV or considering sedans/coupes?

Edit: Just saw on the prior page you're thinking SUV or pickup. I really don't have much to offer there other than my BIL's nearly-fully loaded V8 F-150 has been very reliable and comfortable for him over the last 3.5 years/80k miles and I think was around $50-55k or something new. I'd also look at a Land Rover Defender or something luxurious and capable. If I had that kind of coin for an everyday driver I'd be looking luxury, not pickup but that's me.
Actually working on a Ram TRX today north of Detroit. Hoping it is still there and they can wait for a week while the broom deal is done and their check clears.
Sponsored