Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Old thread, but I wanted to update it. There is a HEPA level filter available on Amazon with activated carbon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TBGFRW...32fc082557bd0&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl
Was looking at that one earlier today and now the listing is gone for the HEPA version. Premium Guard doesn't even show it on their website. Thought the $45 price from 3rd-party seller was kinda nuts, but Amazon had an out-of-stock price of $105 for one filter 😳

Premium Guard part# was PC99454HX

Sponsored

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
I'm all for windows-down and topless driving. However, this week, with the wildfire smoke that's coming out of Alberta right now and socking in the Eastern US, there's very high PM 2.5 exposure. Having a good HEPA or carbon-activated cabin filter if you're commuting or spending a lot of time driving in the thick of smoke right now isn't a bad thing.

Mastergmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After reading posts from a forum member @Mastergmac in regard to this very inexpensive, Made in China, HEPA Cabin Air Filter Fits for Jeep Wrangler(2018-22 23) Gladiator(2020-22 23) Activated Carbon Cabin Filter, I ordered the offering, it was delivered and I installed it today.

This cabin air filter seems very well made and the fit is aok.

The filter, because it has 5 layers is a tad more rigid then the OEM cabin air filter... but it slides into the cradle without problem.

I should also mention this activated carbon filter has no odor to it.

Note: The Cabin filter on Amazon, I linked to has no up or down arrow on it.
DO install this cabin air filter so that the Blue Side is facing UP when it's in the cabin air filter cradle.

Yes, as the filter is 5 layers and has activated carbon in it, I do know I will be changing it a bit more frequently then I would if using a 2 layer, no activated carbon, cabin air filter.

I just placed an order for more... for future use. Terrific price at about $8.00+- each.
Buy here

Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? 20230613_151737

Jeep Wrangler JL which cabin air filter? 20230613_151800

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else use rock auto?
In regard to cabin air filters for the JL/JT your best bet is to shop around in search of best price to include shipping..

More often then not..... pretty much always... Rock Auto is not the best place to buy price wise to include shipping and this is not just in regard to cabin air filters.

vaJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I went with Wix, PN WP10371
https://www.wixfilters.com/Products.aspx?ct=plcaf

Luckily, WIX(®) cabin air filters fight and capture airborne contaminants, while also preventing leaves, dirt, bugs and other debris from negatively impacting the operation of the HVAC systems heater, air conditioner and defroster. WIX Premium cabin air filters are enhanced with Microban(®) antimicrobial technology, which protects against odor-causing bacteria and mold growth on the filter. That combination helps keep negative elements from entering a vehicles interior and reduces odors caused by bacteria, mold and mildew.

Our new high-premium XP cabin air filters are built with premium Pur-Air(tm)technology that filters out nearly 100% of allergens like pollen and fine dust. They also absorb odors, gases and pollutants.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else use rock auto?
Occasionally. Usually on large stuff or stuff that is really hard to find. On small stuff, shipping seems to negate savings, especially when items are coming from multiple warehouses and they charge shipping per warehouse.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine were delivered yesterday. great deal on these
Well, they are all gone for now.... out of stock on Amazon... Buy here

I did just message the Chinese seller via Amazon messaging and encouraged the seller to get them back in stock... and to keep at the same low low price.
Sponsored