Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport lift review, just buy it...

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I’m probably the minority but I myself have not been thrilled with the kit. I don’t like that the springs can’t take any weight, not a fan of the shocks and the way they are valved,didn’t like what they did for the sway bar end links, I have only had it in a few months and have been swapping most of it out already.

I replaced the end links, with the Mopar 2” lift links, swapping the shocks for Fox 2.5 adjustable, and I am waiting to see if Clayton comes out with a 2” spring, if not I will be going with the Rusty’s.

In my opinion the shocks are valves too tight on the high speed compression so you feel every little bump, and they are too low on the low speed compression so you have a lot of float and body roll on the expressway. I have factory steel bumpers and a Warn evo 10s winch, I had to run a 3/4” spacer on the front to get it to sit level and it still has about 1/2” rake to it but I think it’s crazy to have to add a 1 1/2” spacer to a 2” lift to get 2” out of it.

When it’s all said and done the only parts I will most likely end up keeping on the Jeep are the bump stops and the brake line extensions.
With all that you mentioned - I do not blame you for not liking it. I assume you have played with tires/pressure and such.

I have nothing but good to say. I have not experienced anything you stated in the sag or ride quality. I am also very forgiving for the Jeep - it is not my rover and I know it will not ride like that vehicle.

Mine was at 1.75" with the steel bumpers and winch, etc. Once I put on aluminum bumpers, it went right at 2". I have not put more than 300lbs in the back and no noticeable sag. No noticeable lean to one side. I am sure it is there if I really went OCD - but who cares...
Sponsored

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
I’m probably the minority but I myself have not been thrilled with the kit. I don’t like that the springs can’t take any weight, not a fan of the shocks and the way they are valved,didn’t like what they did for the sway bar end links, I have only had it in a few months and have been swapping most of it out already.

I replaced the end links, with the Mopar 2” lift links, swapping the shocks for Fox 2.5 adjustable, and I am waiting to see if Clayton comes out with a 2” spring, if not I will be going with the Rusty’s.

In my opinion the shocks are valves too tight on the high speed compression so you feel every little bump, and they are too low on the low speed compression so you have a lot of float and body roll on the expressway. I have factory steel bumpers and a Warn evo 10s winch, I had to run a 3/4” spacer on the front to get it to sit level and it still has about 1/2” rake to it but I think it’s crazy to have to add a 1 1/2” spacer to a 2” lift to get 2” out of it.

When it’s all said and done the only parts I will most likely end up keeping on the Jeep are the bump stops and the brake line extensions.
How do you like the Fox 2.5 RR shocks? Did you go with a custom tune or just off the shelf? How would you describe the difference over the Dynatrac/Fox shocks and maybe even the factory shocks if you can remember.
Thanks!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
How do you like the Fox 2.5 RR shocks? Did you go with a custom tune or just off the shelf? How would you describe the difference over the Dynatrac/Fox shocks and maybe even the factory shocks if you can remember.
Thanks!
I don’t have them installed yet, Accutune had the fronts in stock so they have been tuned and I have them sitting in the garage. I found the rears elsewhere and shipped them to them for tuning, they just received them this week so I hope to get them back in the next week or so and get them installed.

Nick p

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover
I don’t have them installed yet, Accutune had the fronts in stock so they have been tuned and I have them sitting in the garage. I found the rears elsewhere and shipped them to them for tuning, they just received them this week so I hope to get them back in the next week or so and get them installed.
If you don’t mind I’d appreciate your thoughts on them when fitted. Which tune did you go with. Looking at their site they offer three basic options, adventure dual sport and trail. or did you get into it more deeply and agree a custom tune? Thanks!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
If you don’t mind I’d appreciate your thoughts on them when fitted. Which tune did you go with. Looking at their site they offer three basic options, adventure dual sport and trail. or did you get into it more deeply and agree a custom tune? Thanks!
I went with the adventure tune, I drive the Jeep to most of the trails I have done. We drove from Chicago to Ouray, Black Hills, and are planning a Moab trip next spring so on road manners is probably more important to me than full blown off road performance. I will post some reviews once I get them installed. I honestly think a spring change is in the works shortly also, but I want to see what the shocks do first.

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon

I agree on the floating around for sure. I just added this kit to our 2021 Rubicon and she drives like she has no sway bars on her right now. Trying to decide what the best next move is. Maybe a set of Falcon shocks would calm it down.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I agree on the floating around for sure. I just added this kit to our 2021 Rubicon and she drives like she has no sway bars on her right now. Trying to decide what the best next move is. Maybe a set of Falcon shocks would calm it down.
I went with the FOX 2.5 DSC shocks.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Did you get a chance to run them yet? Thoughts?

Yes, big difference. I haven’t put a lot of miles on them but I am happy with them. They did feel very loose a few days ago when I drove the Jeep but it was -14 windchills so I don’t think they like the cold. I really don’t drive the Jeep in the winter so no issues really

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

does the jeep sit level without any spacers or does it still have a rake?

anyone running large spacers, like 1 or 1.5", to give the lift more height/clearance?

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
does the jeep sit level without any spacers or does it still have a rake?

anyone running large spacers, like 1 or 1.5", to give the lift more height/clearance?

I have 3/4” in the front to make up for the winch, it could use another 1/2” to get it to sit level

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have 3/4” in the front to make up for the winch, it could use another 1/2” to get it to sit level
whoa. ok, i had thought about grabbing a 1/2" spacer from the get go to make it sit level now (no winch yet but steel bumpers front and rear). i had thought about 1.5/1" spacers to give it more height. i was originally going to go with the Mopar lift. looking at people's pics some look a little low and others look like where i want it to be. im just trying to avoid yanking stuff out multiple times to get it to where i want it to sit lol. but, it looks like trial and error may be the only way.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
whoa. ok, i had thought about grabbing a 1/2" spacer from the get go to make it sit level now (no winch yet but steel bumpers front and rear). i had thought about 1.5/1" spacers to give it more height. i was originally going to go with the Mopar lift. looking at people's pics some look a little low and others look like where i want it to be. im just trying to avoid yanking stuff out multiple times to get it to where i want it to sit lol. but, it looks like trial and error may be the only way.
Didn’t sit level side to side on mine either. I have an additional 1/2” spacer on the Rt. Front and 1/2” on the Rt rear to get it to sit level side to side with 1/2 tank of gas.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Didn’t sit level side to side on mine either. I have an additional 1/2” spacer on the Rt. Front and 1/2” on the Rt rear to get it to sit level side to side with 1/2 tank of gas.
thats also what i was figuring would happen. weird that the guy that designed this lift also worked on the JL program yet didnt have the springs made in different lengths for the two sides like the stock springs and mopar lift springs.
Sponsored