jgriffs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Hi All,

long time GC owner moving to a 4xe. My GC trail hawk got me everywhere I wanted to go in the mountains before. I am looking at the 4xe for the obvious EV benefits of torque and city driving, the great deal, and I don't do too much highway driving anymore.

But which one to build? Can you al toss some perspective at me?
I would get color matched fenders/roof, leather, cold weather, tech packages etc on any one of them I choose. So it really comes down to the base to build from. Budget wise its all in the ballpark. I just don't want what I don't need.

High Altitude - I like the build, visually, the most with interior leather looking a little sharper to my eye without the blue stitching. My concern is can I get some KO tires on those 20" wheels? Or will Just have to buy new wheels? This has all the Sahara components correct?
Is there anything in this build that makes it more inferior off road?

Rubicon - I don't rock crawl, But should I just go this route with the smaller wheel diameter? Aside from tires is there anything that makes this more cumbersome on the road to drive?

Sahara - It looked to me more expensive to build the Sahara up with leather etc so I think its just not what I want. Or am I missing some real value in this one?

Any comments on the overall drive quality or difference between these models in previous ICE versions?

thanks!
Sponsored

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I'm right there with you. I'm thinking the Sahara with the Safety and Cold Weather packages is all I really NEED... but I don't want to regret not spending a little more and getting what I really want in a Rubicon or even a High Altitude (even the wife agrees). Test driving them when dealerships have them available is a must for me.

I'm still not 100% sure a 4xe is even the right vehicle for me (I will be putting about 300 miles on a week city/highway). But from what I've seen it looks like the Sahara will give you a smoother ride.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hi All,

long time GC owner moving to a 4xe. My GC trail hawk got me everywhere I wanted to go in the mountains before. I am looking at the 4xe for the obvious EV benefits of torque and city driving, the great deal, and I don't do too much highway driving anymore.

But which one to build? Can you al toss some perspective at me?
I would get color matched fenders/roof, leather, cold weather, tech packages etc on any one of them I choose. So it really comes down to the base to build from. Budget wise its all in the ballpark. I just don't want what I don't need.

High Altitude - I like the build, visually, the most with interior leather looking a little sharper to my eye without the blue stitching. My concern is can I get some KO tires on those 20" wheels? Or will Just have to buy new wheels? This has all the Sahara components correct?
Is there anything in this build that makes it more inferior off road?

Rubicon - I don't rock crawl, But should I just go this route with the smaller wheel diameter? Aside from tires is there anything that makes this more cumbersome on the road to drive?

Sahara - It looked to me more expensive to build the Sahara up with leather etc so I think its just not what I want. Or am I missing some real value in this one?

Any comments on the overall drive quality or difference between these models in previous ICE versions?

thanks!
You can definitely get ko2s in that size - https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...Model=All-Terrain+T/A+KO2&partnum=755SR0KO2V2

1st4xe

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I am about to place an order on 4xe and have been researching the same. From what I can tell the High Altitude is a good value package for what is important to me. It includes the upgraded leather, paint matched door handles, gas cap, blue tow hooks etc. I will get the cold weather, tow, and safety package (not the advanced). I am trying to decide on the Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle. Other posts describe issues with this, and since the Dana44 axle is already included I am not sure if it is worth it (unless this issue has been resolved in the latest builds).

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Get the anti-spin if you do not get the full time 4x4 option and you live where it snows.

Sponsored

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
I ordered the Rubicon for the resale value, that and I wanted black fenders to match the blue paint. I think it is all in personal preference.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I noticed that they are available. I am curious if the 4XE has the wheel well clearance for them?
I'll admit that maybe I don't understand something about how these tires work... But, if they're the same width and the same profile, how can they not fit?
Sponsored