First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You can't seriously consider letting the dealer swap out your dash cluster for something cosmetic? While the odds are they'd do it right without issue, the odds aren't 100%

And I'll bet it will still come up Wrangler after the swap. If you read the posts here, it seems ALL the recons say Wrangler.
Sponsored

cmcullen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Multistrada
2021 Rubicon sez Rubicon.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Thank you everyone for taking the time to look at this and respond.
So when I took my Jeep in for the steering box replacement I asked if they could flash the dash to say Rubicon.
After contacting the Jeep engineers, they were told to do a hard reset on the computer. When they did that, they say It starts to show Rubicon and then goes back to Wrangler. So.....
If I want my dash to read out Rubicon, I have to leave it at the dealer for 2 weeks (or more) so they can order a NEW dash cluster with the same mileage it has on it now.
Crazy! I wonder if a Tazer will be able to change that or doI have other issues?
That’s insane. If tazer can do it very simply, i wonder why they cant? Honestly seems like a bogus Jeep dealer response to make it seem too hard so you walk and dont bother

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRecon

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
So I actually took it to 2 dealers and got the same answer. And yeah, after taking it back 3 times after the steering box change , and the body damage they did, I’m going to buy a Tazzer and see what happens. I need to adjust the speedo after the 37s anyway.
Thank you everyone for your responses.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Man, covid is making us all nuts.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
An observation from this thread is that all the Rubicon Recon display Wrangler. All the regular Rubicon display Rubicon.

Sponsored

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon, Jaguar XJL
Occupation
Unemployed
I bought JSCAN and the necessary adapters to set up my front camera. I recently found that you can change the splash screen to "Wrangler", "Sahara", or "Rubicon" very easily with it.

OP
OP
RubyRecon

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Both dealers tried to reset the computer per the factory tech support. They both said it would go to Rubicon until the key was recycled then it would go back to Wrangler.
Maybe the Recon says Wrangler because it has the Sahara Padded dash?

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
I bought JSCAN and the necessary adapters to set up my front camera. I recently found that you can change the splash screen to "Wrangler", "Sahara", or "Rubicon" very easily with it.
After delving into the programming section of the forum a bit and learning more about JScan vs. the Tazer mini, I also just pulled the trigger on the JSCAN app and necessary security bpass cable and OBD2 adapter. Cost me under $80 all in, and I have now enabled the Rubicon Splash screen. When I get my lift and tires I can change the tire size in the app and also the TPMS thresholds. This is all i was going to do with the Tazer for $329 and then it would sit in a drawer. Very pleased with what I was able to get done for a fraction of the cost.

OP
OP
RubyRecon

RubyRecon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
After being told by 2 dealers I needed to replace the center instrument display and be down for 2 weeks I stepped up and bought a Tazzer mini. I just installed a Mopar lift and 37” BFG K02s so I needed to recalibrate the speedo anyway.
After watching YouTube and reading the instructions I thought it was going to be confusing. It was actually pretty straight forward.
My Dash now reads RUBICON , my speedo is dead on, my TPS is set at the factory low of 25psi and by backup camera comes on with my turn signals. I like the ability to program the Nav system on the fly also. (Done by the navigator of course)
All in all pretty happy so far.
Sponsored