Sponsored

Hotheads For Sky One Touch

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
Wifey-pooh and I installed the liner earlier today. After watching the video, was roughly a 25-30 min install. The JL is her daily driver, and she said it does sound more quieter. But to be honest, we didn't buy the liner for that. It's a Jeep man! We love the sound of the mudder tires.

Rather, we'll see if it helps a little bit with the AZ summer. Granted, with the heat we have here, there ain't much you can do about that. (So we do take that into expectations. All of our vehicles can really "bake" here...)

But in summary, we do love this product, and we can see it does have a sound benefit.

We'll update our post in June... ;)

Here's her daily driver:
Jeep Wrangler JL Hotheads For Sky One Touch IMG_6552

More post install pics:

Jeep Wrangler JL Hotheads For Sky One Touch IMG_6554

Jeep Wrangler JL Hotheads For Sky One Touch IMG_6555
Sponsored

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
With the gray, do you feel it is likely to get dirty or show marks? Does the material seem like it would be easy to clean?

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the gray, do you feel it is likely to get dirty or show marks? Does the material seem like it would be easy to clean?
actually it's black. It looks grey from my iPhone. I'll try another angle and post it later. Our JL's interior is all black/leather.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
actually it's black. It looks grey from my iPhone. I'll try another angle and post it later. Our JL's interior is all black/leather.
go to your pic on phone and edit, go to contrast and adjust.

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Would you say that the added thickness being folded along with the top itself adds to the overall height of the folds when retracted? Hopefully my question makes sense. Lol

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Would you say that the added thickness being folded along with the top itself adds to the overall height of the folds when retracted? Hopefully my question makes sense. Lol
There have been a couple photos and responses with no difference when folded. Still waiting on mine, shipping delays with the weather.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I notice no difference in height with mine. It’s almost completely unnoticeable to be honest.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A quick update. Via Wifey, she really likes this mod. :like: There is a reduction in the sound, most definitely. As noted, I'll post another update in June, when we hit the high temps here in the Valley.

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Will probably jump on next sale, unless I just get numb to the noise by then

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
A quick update. Via Wifey, she really likes this mod. :like: There is a reduction in the sound, most definitely. As noted, I'll post another update in June, when we hit the high temps here in the Valley.
Thanks for your review. I'm glad your wife really likes it. Happy wife, happy life!

-Mark

Sponsored

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
Just installed mine tonight. Took 45 min and I have a couple of racks in the way. I have a road trip tomorrow so we’ll Se how it the dampens noise.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Wife installed hers 1.5 weeks ago. Watched the vids and took her time and cleaned everything. The front strip keeps unsticking and falling down. Much worse when it's warm out it seems. Anyone else have this happen? Definitely a decrease in noise which is nice and it seems to keep the interior temp more stable. I haven't reached out to Hot Heads yet so hoping they may this. I may just buy some more industrial strength adhesive strip to try to fix it. Overall I'm still really pleased with this.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Wife installed hers 1.5 weeks ago. Watched the vids and took her time and cleaned everything. The front strip keeps unsticking and falling down. Much worse when it's warm out it seems. Anyone else have this happen? Definitely a decrease in noise which is nice and it seems to keep the interior temp more stable. I haven't reached out to Hot Heads yet so hoping they may this. I may just buy some more industrial strength adhesive strip to try to fix it. Overall I'm still really pleased with this.
Hi Mark, I'm glad that you're overall really pleased with your new Skyliner, but I am sorry you're experiencing issues with your front strip. Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll get back to you tomorrow about getting this corrected for you ASAP.

-Mark

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I had the same falling down with the front piece as well this past weekend. I was away from home at the cabin and noticed a loud noise when I closed the sky touch. I have a Spiderweb shade so didn't see anything and the top closed. Next day as I was driving home and I noticed that it was louder than usual, but thought maybe it was just windier out. Turns out today when I went to open it back up I could see the front part had come off and was sliding across my Spiderweb Shade.

I ended up taking the Spiderweb Shade off, and added some better adhesive strip to the front section. All the other pieces were still holding strong. Will see what that does over the next few days.

There is no rubbing what so ever with the Spiderweb Shade and the new Hotheads Headliner. Overall still over this addition.

Ken~
Sponsored