First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 X3 M40i, 2019 M4 Cv Comp, 2013 Abarth
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
I really like the sound of this muffler. Quiet at low Idle and cold starts. A bit louder when on the gas but there are no drone or resonance in the cabin. The polished stainless looks really nice. It was the lightest stainless muffler I have tested so far, about 6 lbs. I mounted this on to my 2021 Jeep V6 3.6L engine w/6 speed manual. Wife and kids did not mind the slight increase in sound.

Jeep Wrangler JL Another exhaust sound test. JEGS Turbo muffler on 3.6L JegsUndercar

Description:
The Jegs Turbo muffler is a universal type with 2.5" in and out. I had to cut 1.5" from the MBPR stainless pipes in order to get it to fit. It was worth it. No interior drone and is just a tad louder that stock at idle and cold starts. The sound is just a little more louder when on the gas. In this installation, I removed the stock Resonator and muffler and replaced it with the MBRP system. The stock MBRP Canister was then replaced with Jegs Turbo muffler.

The original MBRP system was a cat back, full 304 Stainless steel 2.5" tube system. The MBRP Pro system for Jeep JL includes a standard 19" size muffler canister that was swapped out for the JEGS Turbo muffler with a length of 21". I had to trim the exhaust system to make it fit.

Here are the parts used:
MBRP PRO Series Jeep 2.5" Cat Back Single Performance Gas Exhaust Product Code: S5533304
JEGS Turbo Muffler [2 1/2 in.] Centered/Centered - Reversible Part Number : 555-30340

Jeep Wrangler JL Another exhaust sound test. JEGS Turbo muffler on 3.6L L1010337.JPG

Similar to my other muffler test and video, I recorded observing the sound from areas with a decibel meter. Inside, outside, drive by.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Looks and sounds good. I had ordered this exact muffler 2 days ago, thought I would take a chance on it. Now I see your post, and hope mine sounds similar, (I have the 3.6, also).

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Why did you swap out the MBRP muffler? I am looking at that same system for my 2021. Most of the websites state it will not fit the 2021 for some reason.

OP
OP
RTCalifornia

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Why did you swap out the MBRP muffler? I am looking at that same system for my 2021. Most of the websites state it will not fit the 2021 for some reason.
The MBRP system does fit the 2021. The MBRP Stock can sounded pretty good to me. But it was a bit loud for the backseat passengers (my teenage kids). So with that, I wanted to try different mufflers to see what each one would sound like. I went from Straight pipe MBRP system to Flow Master then to the really quiet Dynomax turbo muffler. The JEGS sounded best with almost no flow restrictions. The MBRP can, when installed in the recommended direction seems to impeed the flow a bit because of the reverse louvers. I like how quiet the Dynomax Turbo sounded but it was Aluminized steel and started showing signs of rust. Dynomax also seem very restrictive and any revs higher than 3k RPMs felt like it lost power and punch.

So I was set on staying with JEGS stainless turbo until I came across Stainless Works at stailessworks.net. I just couldn't resist ordering one to test. I just got in the Stainless Works Turbo chambered muffler and will be installing that to test next. Hopefully it will be quiet and flow better than Dynomax.

RT

Last edited:
OP
OP
RTCalifornia

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Looks and sounds good. I had ordered this exact muffler 2 days ago, thought I would take a chance on it. Now I see your post, and hope mine sounds similar, (I have the 3.6, also).

Hey, Big Hoss, I am sure it would sound just as good. I too shopped around for weeks, listening to each exhaust system on youtube and decided to go with MBRP because of the deeper tone. Their tubes are really good quality and the mandrel bends are perfect. Plus, the 19" MBRP muffler can is the same size as many universal mufflers available so it is very easy to swap in other aftermarket muffler cans. I swapped in the JEGS and really like it.

RT

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

The MBRP system does fit the 2021. The MBRP Stock can sounded pretty good to me. But it was a bit loud for the backseat passengers (my teenage kids). So with that, I wanted to try different mufflers to see what each one would sound like. I went from Straight pipe MBRP system to Flow Master then to the really quiet Dynomax turbo muffler. The JEGS sounded best with almost no flow restrictions. The MBRP can, when installed in the recommended direction seems to impeed the flow a bit because of the reverse louvers. I like how quiet the Dynomax Turbo sounded but it was Aluminized steel and started showing signs of rust. Dynomax also seem very restrictive and any revs higher than 3k RPMs felt like it lost power and punch.

So I was set on staying with JEGS stainless turbo until I came across Stainless Works at stailessworks.net. I just couldn't resist ordering one to test. I just got in the Stainless Works Turbo chambered muffler and will be installing that to test next. Hopefully it will be quiet and flow better than Dynomax.

RT
Any updates? I went with the MBRP and it is brutal on the highway because we have 75MPH speed limit here and to stay at 75MPH I need to be above 2500 RPM. At 2,000 it is just fine, but getting above that and it has too much drone.

OP
OP
RTCalifornia

RTCalifornia

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Multi Cloud Engineering
Any updates? I went with the MBRP and it is brutal on the highway because we have 75MPH speed limit here and to stay at 75MPH I need to be above 2500 RPM. At 2,000 it is just fine, but getting above that and it has too much drone.
Hi Jason33.

Here is the video I did for this Jegs muffler.

Its pretty quiet compared to MBRP round can. Its actually longer than what is published on Jegs website but I was able to fit it in by trimming both the head and end pipe to accommodate. I also tested the very quiet custom ordered Stainless works "turbo" style muffler which is very quiet. However, it is much more restrictive especially noticeable above 3k rpm.

RT

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Thanks, I had a Magnaflow 11226 sitting in my garage that I decided to give a shot. It is night and day different from the MBRP. Zero drone, but not nearly as aggressive sounding as the MBRP. I must be getting old because I am sticking with the quieter one. The MBRP did seem a bit less restrictive, but I just can't deal with the drone, we have 75MPH speed limit here and it seemed that 2500-3000 is where I needed to be to keep up with traffic and that was the bad spot for the MBRP. The original reason I went with new exhaust was to get rid of the big muffler behind the axle.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I was still not happy with the exhaust to I took it to a shop and had them place the resonator back on. Magnaflow would not fit behind it so I put the MBRP back on and it is now at an acceptable level at high rpms on the freeway.
Jeep Wrangler JL Another exhaust sound test. JEGS Turbo muffler on 3.6L 97A09880-4987-4BBD-8535-25ACE66FD685
Sponsored