Let us hear that you want Core Doors!

rubigator

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your return policy will vary by reseller. They are a different animal and not for everyone.

Who are the 2-piece soft doors NOT for? People who are expecting a weather-proof seal from a fabric door at highway speeds. Or people who are expecting a quiet highway experience from a fabric door.

Who ARE the 2-piece doors for? People who are willing to put up with some compromises in order to have a flexible and fun door system. The will not keep out every single drop of water but they can be tossed in the back cargo area quickly and easily allowing you to make a road trip with full doors, then swap to 2-piece soft doors at the destination. Or cruise to a trial head with the 2-piece soft doors on, then cruise the trail doorless. They're a lot of fun and very adaptable, but by no means are they a substitution for full metal doors.

If you'd like to discuss these over the phone and what you can expect out of them, I'm happy to give you a call. Just let me know!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I don't think soft doors are for me. I am looking for a weather tight seal, or at least 80% weather tight seal, for the Jeep as it is towed behind an RV. Goals are lighten the Jeep, easy to take doors off and store at the campsite, and keep jeep dry. Bonus is trail door use on vacation. I really want core doors. :)
Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
Hey All,
Thanks for all the input you've provided. To those who are asking, the project has not been nixed, though it is also not launching right away either. I have no timeline of availability at this time but we appreciate all the interest. Until then, we have 2-piece soft doors available that are my personal favorite as well as Element Doors. Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to send me a message.
Thanks!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Lee, I have the Element doors, but I haven't bought the uppers as I hadn't seen any JL Bestop lower add ons yet. Are you going to have the gear bags or the hard covers for the Element Doors for a JL?! I only went this way since the Core Doors seem to be a non-thing.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Lee, I have the Element doors, but I haven't bought the uppers as I hadn't seen any JL Bestop lower add ons yet. Are you going to have the gear bags or the hard covers for the Element Doors for a JL?! I only went this way since the Core Doors seem to be a non-thing.
Hey @MNWrangx2
Yes we're still planning to offer the uppers and enclosures, just finishing up a few final touches on the enclosures. :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

reverse01134

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Hey All,
Thanks for all the input you've provided. To those who are asking, the project has not been nixed, though it is also not launching right away either. I have no timeline of availability at this time but we appreciate all the interest. Until then, we have 2-piece soft doors available that are my personal favorite as well as Element Doors. Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to send me a message.
Thanks!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Im pretty sure you guys already looked at every avenue but here’s my thought...

Dual door option is +$4300 w/ premium upper which is crazy. That price will make a lot of people walk away. If you can target $2000-2500 for the core doors most owners would get the core doors rather than paying almost 5 grand for the mopar half door.

rubigator

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I thought you were pushing Element doors as an alternative to Core doors. The lower cover for Element doors is JK only. I need core Doors for June Grand Canyon trip.

Sponsored

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I thought you were pushing Element doors as an alternative to Core doors. The lower cover for Element doors is JK only. I need core Doors for June Grand Canyon trip.
That's the same issue I have - wanting to at least use the Element doors, but there is no lower cover yet. I may just give up and go buy some paint protection film pre-cut or put Trail Scales or something on.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Bet these are going to be popping up soon as jeep is finally releasing half doors. Pretty sure bestop makes the upper window for them and will have them fit these.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I just want two front doors with no uppers.

Sponsored

JeepJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Looking for either core doors or door enclosures for the element tube doors for a 2021 JL. any word on either? Would rather get the core doors if they’ll be out “soon”.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Your return policy will vary by reseller. They are a different animal and not for everyone.

Who are the 2-piece soft doors NOT for? People who are expecting a weather-proof seal from a fabric door at highway speeds. Or people who are expecting a quiet highway experience from a fabric door.

Who ARE the 2-piece doors for? People who are willing to put up with some compromises in order to have a flexible and fun door system. The will not keep out every single drop of water but they can be tossed in the back cargo area quickly and easily allowing you to make a road trip with full doors, then swap to 2-piece soft doors at the destination. Or cruise to a trial head with the 2-piece soft doors on, then cruise the trail doorless. They're a lot of fun and very adaptable, but by no means are they a substitution for full metal doors.

If you'd like to discuss these over the phone and what you can expect out of them, I'm happy to give you a call. Just let me know!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

I have been running the 2 piece soft top doors from bestop for a little over a year now, hoping core doors would come out for the JLU, or even the JL. First off the 2 price fabric doors are not worth the price, maybe half of that. They do not fill the entire door opening, as there is visible light around the bottom of the door frame, hence no water crossings, or your jeep will have water in it. At low speed they actually do a good job of keeping water at bay if it is raining, but if it's a down poor water is getting in. At speed, 65 mph or greater the top part of the door separates from the door frame, and leaves a LARGE gap for water, and wind to come in to the cabin. At this point I will probably be trading my jeep in just to get the same thing with half doors since bestop is totally dropping the ball. They could have made quite a bit of money on half doors if they didn't drag their feet, but that's ok jeep has taken up the slack for you bestop, and with the offering of power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, and proximity door handles on a base sport if you get the half doors it makes it much more appealing then the core doors anyway. Sorry bestop but you snooze, well you loose, lots of money!

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @MNWrangx2
Yes we're still planning to offer the uppers and enclosures, just finishing up a few final touches on the enclosures. :)

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
any update on the enclosures and uppers for the element doors for the JL?

still very bummed that there will not be a core door offering for the JL in the near future.
Sponsored