Sponsored

Options not available on 4XE: Perforated leather, side steps (any of them), what else?

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
I found it odd that certain options weren't available for the 4XE such as side steps or the perforated leather. We will probably go aftermarket instead for both.

I assume the perforated leather unavailability is because of the blue stitching in the 4XE which would be a lot of fuss to add to a few dozen 4XEs that were optioned with the perforated leather.

I cannot figure out why side steps aren't available, other than the hybrid system might be the issue. Anyone know for sure?
Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
I found it odd that certain options weren't available for the 4XE such as side steps or the perforated leather. We will probably go aftermarket instead for both.

I assume the perforated leather unavailability is because of the blue stitching in the 4XE which would be a lot of fuss to add to a few dozen 4XEs that were optioned with the perforated leather.

I cannot figure out why side steps aren't available, other than the hybrid system might be the issue. Anyone know for sure?
Not sure why side steps are not available and I surely hope that parts of the hybrid system don't interfere with mounting. I just ordered sliders yesterday.

As for other options which are NOT available, you cannot get the hinge gate reinforcement on a 4xe.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I had the hex stitched leather on my 2018 Rubicon. The mismatched stitching was a little weird - having white stitching on the seats, with the red Rubicon stitching on the dash/consoles. It's partly why I wasn't going to try to get perforated or stitched hex on the 4xe Rubicon.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Not sure why side steps are not available and I surely hope that parts of the hybrid system don't interfere with mounting. I just ordered sliders yesterday.

As for other options which are NOT available, you cannot get the hinge gate reinforcement on a 4xe.
Side steps are on the Sahara 4xe and the tubulars are optional, so it's probably just one of the options they are limiting for the Rubicon 4xe?

As well, I noted the hinge gate reinforcement being missing, but that's because for some weird reason, that option is NOT available with any engine that is equiped with eTorque. You can't get it on the regular 3.6 eTorque either. I have zero idea as to how the two relate.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The doors will surely be available through your dealer, they have a part number after all. Same with the hinge reinforcement. I wonder if those 2 items are difficult for Jeep to get from their suppliers right now and they figure they won't add to sales on the 4XE, but they will add to sales for other versions?

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
Isn't the side step standard on Sahara and Rubicon has the rock sliders? It looks like Leather is standard on the Sahara as well. Other options may just not be available the first year until they ramp up production.

OP
OP

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't the side step standard on Sahara and Rubicon has the rock sliders? It looks like Leather is standard on the Sahara as well. Other options may just not be available the first year until they ramp up production.
It usually is, but the pics online don't show any side steps when you build.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I dont think any Wrangler has perforated leather like the Grands and LXs, that is for the cooling air and Wrangler no have that.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
I dont think any Wrangler has perforated leather like the Grands and LXs, that is for the cooling air and Wrangler no have that.
Its an option in lower trim levels. (Sport S for example) I think they may be Mopar seats. either perforated leather or stitched.

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Its an option in lower trim levels. (Sport S for example) I think they may be Mopar seats. either perforated leather or stitched.
Wranglers do have factory options for perforated or hex stitched leather from Katzkin. Katzkin is contracted to produce the leather seat skins for Jeep, and Jeep installs them at the factory at the end of assembly. Since the leather seats are premade by Katzkin they have white stitching regardless of what the rest of your interior looks like. This is different from getting Katzkin seats to have your dealer install. As I mentioned above I had the hex stitched ones on my 2018 JLUR and it was a bit weird to get a Jeep with white stitching on the seats and red stitching on the consoles.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Yes, you can get the Katskin, that requires visiting an upholstry shop. I have the Laguna leather in my SRT with the ventilated seats, some swedish cows gave up their hides. My Overland has Laguna leather with the ventilated seat.

I took the advice of the Jeep brothers and went cloth, since dont want to burn my arse when the top is down and stuck parking in the sun ;) have leather in my other convertible and experience the hot leather.

I stand corrected, yes you can get the Katskin factory installed.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
You can order the Tailgate reinforcement through your dealer and have it added upon delivery. BUT, the tailgate reinforcement is not available on the build and price for the rubicon 4xe.
Sponsored