Sponsored

In your opinion, WHAT MAKES THE JEEP WRANGLER SO GREAT?!!

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
The culture.

The experiences a Jeep gives you is what I love. The family camping trips, the organized runs with so many like minded people, the local clubs, the wave even. Aside from that, not many bone stock vehicles are as capable off road as a rubicon. As others have said, the ability to take the top off and run with the doors off. I prefer a half door and safari top myself. It is a visceral experience in itself. I love the ability to drive my toy and pride and joy around town. Itā€™s a conversation starter. I think Iā€™ve said enough, lol.
Very well said couldn't agree more!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Every wrangler is it's own. A blank canvas that each owner makes there own. Each wrangler has a story and a history. Some of the best times I've had I had when I owned my first Jeep back in 99'! And that's not even going into how insane of a 4x4 the wrangler is. Gives a sense of freedom on the road - speed bumps(no prob), curbs(no prob), snow(NO PROB), flood rain(no prob), drive on the beach(no prob), etc etc. We are also not just limited to drive between the lines, we can find a path and go where it takes us. Also can buy one for $30k and sell it for $29k!!! Win on every front!!

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland, Mercedes A200d, Kawasaki GPZ900R
You can enjoy your jeep as you want.
From the Rocks to the Mall and everything between...with style!
Jeep Wrangler is a life climber!

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I almost sold my jeep tj years ago, since I got into dirt bikes the wrangler just didnt get much use. It sat in the garage with the top down and became a weekend bagel fetcher. I live in a beautiful town, hilly, views, not much rain, perfect for a jeep. I've said it a million times I've had as much fun driving it around town top off as I have wheeling it. But as stated it just wasnt getting used.

I put it up for sale and priced it NOT to sell. I was tinkering with getting a razor. Those things are flat out amazing and if you havent been in one try it. Well the jeep didnt sell and we took a family ride to a nearby mountain and found a relaxing spot. Up comes a group of razors, all wearing jackets googles and covered in an inch of dust. Some had dust masks.

I talked to one of the guys and turns out he was just a passenger and had a jeep and he was going through the same questions about selling his jeep in favor of a razor and this trip convinced him otherwise and his reasons matched my thoughts exactly when they pulled up.

Keep the jeep rent a razor. No other vehicle can get you from your front door to the wild and in style like a jeep. Dress your rig to suit, put the heat on or AC, top on or off or combo during the day. Dusty out? Close the windows, hit a button to recirculate. Wanna drive to the Rubicon, do it. Moab, absolutely.

I think the 2d jeeps are more fun to drive then my new 4 door, but not by much, I also think the 2 door is better looking and closer to the concept of what a jeep really is. But the four door isnt far off and adds versatility and makes outings so much easier if you add a third person.

I sold my TJ a couple of days ago. I think I had about 40k total rapped up in it, likely more but I dont wanna think about it. lol It LOOKS way better then my new JL and way more capable since the 4d is stock. I figured I'd get all weepy about it, but I feel absolutely nothing, the JL is SWEET!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
It is an Icon, has awesome legacy, doesnt look like all the other cockroach cars and SUVs most of the aplliance makers pawn off on the avg joe. Throw in that it has the convertible, 4wd's, and now has been updated, there is a lot to like.

Aimless1

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW K1600 GTL & Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Retired
Not an owner. Just a wannabe at the moment.

Jeep = freedom to me.

Freedom to go Where you want. Pavement. Gravel. Sand. Dirt. Rock. Two tracks. No tracks. Water. Mud. Snow. Rain. Where ever, when ever.

Freedom of choice. Enclosed. Panels off. Topless. Wind in your hair or snow outside.

Freedom to create. The Wrangler is an empty canvas like no other vehicle. It can be dressed up or down limited only by imagination and finances.

Truly a do anything vehicle for everyone.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I got into Wranglers 12 years ago. I have driven them through rocks, dirt, gravel, sand, snow, mud, rivers, curbs, mountain ranges and urban jungles.

I tried to move away from Wranglers twice. But I missed driving a Wrangler so much I was back within six months. Both times.

So Iā€™ve had to ponder about this question a lot.

The best answer Iā€™ve been able to come up with is:

IMO, what makes Wranglers unique is the SUSPENSION. Everything about Jeepā€™s QuadraCoil suspension, the articulation, the comfort, etc., gives you a feeling of all-terrain competence that is unparalleled.

The problem with most modern suspensions, in my view, is that they work to isolate the passengers from road bumps and imperfections. Jeepā€™s QuadraCoil suspension doesnā€™t do that. Instead, it lets you know at all time what you are driving over, but with a degree of comfort and aplomb.

Years ago I test drove a WK2: I was disappointed because it drove just like a car! I could not feel anything under those tires. That crystallized in my mind what makes Wrangler so unique.

Just my two pesos.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For me, two things make the Jeep the best vehicle, bar none:

1. Ability to take me off road
+
2. The unique look, even more so if it's modified

The 4Runner and Bronco satisfy number 1, but not number 2. It can be argued that the Bronco has a unique look, but in my eyes it still looks too much like an SUV.

I must add that I am one of the weird Jeep owners who could drive with the top and doors off about 340 days/year, and I am never tempted to do it.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
It's literally a toy that doubles as a car, so you can fool your wife into letting you spend $40k when she won't let you buy some other toy for $300 without a fight.

Nothing is more fun to drive. I've had a mustang, a BMW 3, an Explorer Sport track, and none of them gave me the feels like my Wrangler. Sure, going fast is fun, but not waiting behind some dork and being able to make a u-turn over the median is an even better feeling.

Also, top comes off, doors come off, as many have stated. Lastly, though I'm married, if i wasn't, i think this thing would pick up chicks better than i can solo (hey, at least i know my shortcomings!).
Sponsored