Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Went to the dealer yesterday to finally get the steering gear box replaced. Dealer called me after a few hours and told me they also did a passenger side airbag recall, which I thought was weird since I hadn't read of any airbag recall.

When I got the paperwork it didn't say anything about airbags but it did say the Y01 was completed. This must be what the advisor thought was the airbag replacement. Now if it was actually done I have no clue but it does seem like the revs don't hang between shifts anymore. (I have a 6 speed '19 JLU).

20210210_213338~2.jpg
Hi, can you send us a message with your VIN? Just curious about this one.

Thanks!
Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Huh? I have exactly three on my 2018, and this latest PCM flash is one of them. Fake news.

72A49F0A-2A01-43F1-9FA8-261826FE8176.jpeg
I wonder why this doesn't say 2018-2021 JL and 20/21JT. Does the 2021 have a different clutch assembly?

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hello All - I have had clutch issues since the beginning (July 2018) - mainly what I call "Inconsistent Clutch Pressure" The jeep has been to the dealer for this issue 10+ times. I am an engineer and provided the dealer (and the local rep) lots of data I collected about the high/low pressure, speed, outside temp... and I still have this data. Clutch pressure is about double on the VERY first push after driving on highway for about 15 minutes. -- I am not resting my foot on the pedal and hav ehad several other mannual vehicles. FCA and the dealers have known there is an issue (not just from me, but from everybody els) and have chosen to not fix or redesign the system as these were still being made in 2021. At this point, I am interested taking action and I am confident that an investigation will show that many other owners have provide their dealers and FCA with similar data and complaints. This will show they knew of the issue and decided to not fix. Not sure what route I will take so I am open to options or joining together.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon
Hello All - I have had clutch issues since the beginning (July 2018) - mainly what I call "Inconsistent Clutch Pressure" The jeep has been to the dealer for this issue 10+ times. I am an engineer and provided the dealer (and the local rep) lots of data I collected about the high/low pressure, speed, outside temp... and I still have this data. Clutch pressure is about double on the VERY first push after driving on highway for about 15 minutes. -- I am not resting my foot on the pedal and hav ehad several other mannual vehicles. FCA and the dealers have known there is an issue (not just from me, but from everybody els) and have chosen to not fix or redesign the system as these were still being made in 2021. At this point, I am interested taking action and I am confident that an investigation will show that many other owners have provide their dealers and FCA with similar data and complaints. This will show they knew of the issue and decided to not fix. Not sure what route I will take so I am open to options or joining together.
Do you think this pressure buildup is whatā€™s happening to heat things up? Any other insights from your data?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Check your state's lemon laws, first. That sounds like you got a lemon. 10 visits to the dealership service department would get it done in most states.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Reduced torque? Ewe. 5th and 6th gear are a joke unless youā€™re heading downhill. I canā€™t imagine reduced power.
I love a stick but... this has been my least favorite manual vehicle in terms of the transmission.
If you were paying attention, torque will only be reduced if the clutch has been subjected to excessive slippage, for example several 2nd or 3rd gear starts in succession. I can't imagine any situation where you would do this in 5th and 6th.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Got this today, apparently my case has been closed.

This is a courtesy email update regarding your 2021 Jeep Wrangler factory order.

At the present time, 2021 Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator models with a manual transmission are delayed due to a recall in place in accordance with regulation and Stellantis policy. This will take effect until a recall repair on these models becomes available. The recall will be completed prior to delivery of the vehicle at your local dealerships.

At this time your file is being closed to reflect this information. We encourage you to periodically stay in touch with your selling Dealership for additional order updates as they further become available.

Thank you for your loyalty and weā€™re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Went to the dealer yesterday to finally get the steering gear box replaced. Dealer called me after a few hours and told me they also did a passenger side airbag recall, which I thought was weird since I hadn't read of any airbag recall.

When I got the paperwork it didn't say anything about airbags but it did say the Y01 was completed. This must be what the advisor thought was the airbag replacement. Now if it was actually done I have no clue but it does seem like the revs don't hang between shifts anymore. (I have a 6 speed '19 JLU).

20210210_213338~2.jpg
According to the Jeep app, Y01 = the new recall with PCM flash we are all talking about. Interesting you had it done. The app shows "parts not yet available" for me.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I wonder why this doesn't say 2018-2021 JL and 20/21JT. Does the 2021 have a different clutch assembly?
The recall at the bottom of that image is for the initial recall that involved air in the clutch lines. It was fixed before 2021 models were built.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
The recall at the bottom of that image is for the initial recall that involved air in the clutch lines. It was fixed before 2021 models were built.
I see.. the FIRST recall.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If you were paying attention, torque will only be reduced if the clutch has been subjected to excessive slippage, for example several 2nd or 3rd gear starts in succession. I can't imagine any situation where you would do this in 5th and 6th.
And in succession means a lot. How do I know? Ask my wife or my 17yo son. They've tortured mine. But my clutch still passed the test twice and is fine.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
According to the Jeep app, Y01 = the new recall with PCM flash we are all talking about. Interesting you had it done. The app shows "parts not yet available" for me.
They didn't, it was a mistake on the dealer's part. The flash isn't available for anyone yet.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Sponsored