Sponsored

Jeep Wave Double Standard

Deviant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Whole thing seems dumb to me, made sense when there were a few thousand around, and shared misery of actually driving an older Wrangler granted you membership in a small club. But these days Jeep sells 200,000-250,000 thousand Wranglers a year. May as well wave to everyone in an acrod too.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I think some people may not know about the wave, since like mentioned; there are so many Jeep owners on the road these days. My first Jeep was a 2015 JK, and I had no clue about the Jeep wave until a co-worker/friend told me about it.

I wave at every jeep owner if I see them, but the wave backs are hit or miss no matter who it is. I do seem to get more enthusiastic waves in my modified JL vs. my stock JK, but that could be all in my head.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
My CJ gets waves 97% of the time. I've actually had people stand up and franticaly wave at intersections

My stock JL - 30% waved

My slightly modded JL with Rubicon stuff - 65% - 75%

20201213_145914.jpg

Screenshot_20210121-135830_Photos.jpg

20201207_184022.jpg

Sponsored

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I don’t like waves anymore now that every other car is a Jeep. Up until 10 years ago, okay. But now? Please do me a solid and don’t wave. I’ll return the favor by not waving. The non wave is the new wave imo.
I'm with this guy. I never wave first, if at all. Kind of feel like a dick sometimes but I don't feel like waving 12 times whenever I go anywhere. A modified Jeep, or one of the classic Jeeps, ok I'll wave. Other than that I probably won't even notice.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
In the suburbs everyone waves. It's annoying how often they wave.

When I drive up to North Georgia (Marjorie Taylor-Greene country) no one waves. I can't tell if they're being rude or just always on the lookout for space lasers.

More than likely everyone I pass up there has owned Jeeps since before 'waving' became a thing and can't be bothered to even acknowledge someone with barely any dirt on their vehicle.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
In the suburbs everyone waves. It's annoying how often they wave.

When I drive up to North Georgia (Marjorie Taylor-Greene country) no one waves. I can't tell if they're being rude or just always on the lookout for space lasers.

More than likely everyone I pass up there has owned Jeeps since before 'waving' became a thing and can't be bothered to even acknowledge someone with barely any dirt on their vehicle.
Come up to north east Georgia Ben and I'll wave atcha - dirt or no dirt. :like:

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Punk’N rules. Nuff said.

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I'm a first time wrangler owner, JL sport with bigger/better tires, the bestop sunrider for hardtop, and it being Billet Silver with big ass Yellow blackout style hood decal as mods. I wave at least a couple of fingers off the steering wheel for every wrangler/gladiator. As a former Vette owner before this fun ride of mine I see no difference in the wave response percentage. I always chalked it up to there being many more drivers vs enthusiast. To tell the truth, I can seldom see through their windshield if the other wrangler waves back or not. Doesn't matter, I can only control my own actions.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I got another jeep wave pull back today. Started to wave then quickly yanked the hand back upon seeing the pick up bed.

🤣Hahahahaha
Sponsored