Advertisement

peterm99

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Wrangler
Today my update is something new. I got a case number they opened up to see if they can get a better idea on the build progress since itā€™s still in ā€œall parts receivedā€.

Itā€™s hydro blue so I know that was the delay up until early February sometime. But.....ooooo!!!
when did you order your wrangler ? I ordered my Hydro Blur on 12/29 and itā€™s been in all parts received for a few weeks.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I just got word mine is in D1.....
I ordered 1/19, am in JB. Was just curious if anyone whose was built had theirs shipped yet. The recall states it affects all manual transmissions up to 1/22 when they stopped being shipped. Makes it sound like they wonā€™t ship until itā€™s fixed. The fix for everyone who has their Jeep is expected around 3/19. Just curious if that means ours wonā€™t be shipped until around that time.

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Wrangler Sahara, 21 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Waiting for delivery is like watching paint dry. I was watching an Amazon delivery get dropped at my mailbox and see a picture on my app almost instantly. Meanwhile Jeep canā€™t tell you where your $50k Jeep is until it reaches the dealer.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
when did you order your wrangler ? I ordered my Hydro Blur on 12/29 and itā€™s been in all parts received for a few weeks.
I ordered late 12/16, VIN on 12/17.

I hope lots of us get deliveries alongside other forum members on the same date! Thatā€™d be awesome!

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I'm ordering a manual next week. Should I expect longer than the 4-6 week ETA I was told week or so ago?

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
I ordered 1/19, am in JB. Was just curious if anyone whose was built had theirs shipped yet. The recall states it affects all manual transmissions up to 1/22 when they stopped being shipped. Makes it sound like they wonā€™t ship until itā€™s fixed. The fix for everyone who has their Jeep is expected around 3/19. Just curious if that means ours wonā€™t be shipped until around that time.
I hope not....I'm not sure, but my understanding is that its a software fix and not too much of a holdup? I put my order in on 1/26....

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Oh snap, my manual was build after 1/22 so hopefully that means it was built with the fix šŸ˜Ÿ

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Oh snap, my manual was build after 1/22 so hopefully that means it was built with the fix šŸ˜Ÿ
Problem is the recall says itā€™s through 1/22 when they stopped being shipped. So hard to tell what that means for us.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
I'm ordering a manual next week. Should I expect longer than the 4-6 week ETA I was told week or so ago?
Itā€™s hard to answer that question as we donā€™t know if the fix is automatically a part of new builds, or if it has to be done after the build. No one seems to know for sure at this point. They are still building them as mine is built and in JB (getting tailgate reinforcement I imagine). If Iā€™d doesnā€™t move in another week then I will assume itā€™s being held for ā€œfix.ā€ I ordered mine on 1/19 if that helps at all.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Itā€™s hard to answer that question as we donā€™t know if the fix is automatically a part of new builds, or if it has to be done after the build. No one seems to know for sure at this point. They are still building them as mine is built and in JB (getting tailgate reinforcement I imagine). If Iā€™d doesnā€™t move in another week then I will assume itā€™s being held for ā€œfix.ā€ I ordered mine on 1/19 if that helps at all.
Ah ok got it. I'm assuming they thought of a way to update an implement the build for orders post fix. Where did you order from and what part of NY you located? I'm in LI and ordering from Criswell.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
Ah ok got it. I'm assuming they thought of a way to update an implement the build for orders post fix. Where did you order from and what part of NY you located? I'm in LI and ordering from Criswell.
Iā€™m from upstate NY, but I havenā€™t lived there in 20 years. I got the nickname Angry NewYorker when I moved to the Midwest for my job. Everyone thinks Iā€™m angry and pissed off all the time, but itā€™s just because of the way I talk from having lived in NY for 28 years before I moved out here. I always have to tell people Iā€™m not yelling or Iā€™m not mad, itā€™s just the way I talk. Apparently I sound nasty over the radio šŸ˜‚

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
I dare say Stellantis is pretty motivated to deliver new units as fast as they can. All those Wranglers sitting in Toledo represent a significant un-billable investment which is never good for the books ;)

Advertisement

Advertisement