AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just to be clear every dealer has a restriction of one piece per 7 days. Dealerships are all running at different timelines because their service volume varies. You/we are not able to get the part any sooner if it is a retail sale vs warranty repair. If your local dealership is backlogged try calling around to other dealers and speak with their parts department.

-Benny
Sponsored

AliAwad

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU 2019
I did it in my Jlu and it is big different feeling for driving it, I’m waiting to do it more than a month, I recommend everyone to do it.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Not seeing any real forward movement or genuine committment from FCA fromt-line management to do anything about this. How many dead before its a 'real' problem? FCA PUTS PROFITS OVER SAFETY; Slow-walks critical warranty safety repair claiming part availability, yet will sell you that same part immediately if you are willing to purchase for an over-inflated aftermarket parts price. YOU ARE DESTROYING GOODWILL AT AN INCREDIBLY FAST PACE WITH ROOKIE MOVES LIKE THIS. Just man up and own it, fix it, demostrate that you stand behind your product. How many times do companies need to learn that eithcs = long term profitability? How many HBS case studies do there need to be on the brand destruction that comes from this nickle and dime warranty avoidance nonsense. Think about what you spend on your marketing budget -- what is your cost per acquisition, per unit? How many owners have more than one Jeep? I have two JLs. My brother has one. My freinds have them. We all talk. Duh. Doing the right thing at times like this is the CHEAPEST FORM OF BRAND BUILDING YOU CAN DO! Stupid, rookie move. Time to get your Senior Management and Board invovled. Please. Whatever Manager, Director or VP in Aftermarket or Service Engineering that made this bonehead call needs a little perspective, or maybe a new opportunity in a part of the business where they can't screw things up this much. Seriously, can you escalate to someone that can see outside of a functional box? That understands the waterbed model - that optimizing warranty cost while destroying 50-100x in brand value is not 'good for the business'. It's going to get to that level sooner or later. Just do the right thing and be our hero and not a villian. It's so easy.
UPDATE: The steering box has now been replaced. I also had the tires rotated and rebalanced. There was no replacement steering stabilizer available at the time, so that is still on deck. Upon getting back, there was a slight pull to driver. Not sure why, but that pull appears to have dissapated over time. The dead spot in the wheel is substantially gone. This is good. Once engaged, the Jeep Cares assocaite assigned to me, Emanuel, did a great job of staying in touch and following up to expedite the repair. However, his power was really limited to fixing MY problem. He could not confirm if anything with the FCA process/policy of allocating warrnaty parts by focing dealers to only order one part every two weeks has been discontinued. I continue to stress that this is a horrible business practice. However, I am not able to resolve this beef through Jeep Cares. So, I am forced to continue engaging in other, non-conventional ways: analysts, shareholders, government (both legislative and regulatory), the Board of Directors, etc. Will report back as I make progress.

Sponsored

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
There is one for it now, my friend has one.
One of the revisions to the TSB says that it won’t fit the diesel. But I keep reading about people getting one for their diesel.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It’s a different part number.

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
404 error on both links in OP
I am sorry we no longer offer these. Mopar has made the ordering system very difficult for vehicles that are not in for service. Hopefully we can offer them again at some time for those who choose to perform their own repair.

- Benny

Sponsored

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I am sorry we no longer offer these. Mopar has made the ordering system very difficult for vehicles that are not in for service. Hopefully we can offer them again at some time for those who choose to perform their own repair.

- Benny

Hi Benny, I just ordered the steering box and all the bolts from your website before I read this. It seems I can order from your website without any problems. Are the steering box back in stock yet? I pm you my order number. Thx for helping

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Benny, I just ordered the steering box and all the bolts from your website before I read this. It seems I can order from your website without any problems. Are the steering box back in stock yet? I pm you my order number. Thx for helping
Just curious as to why you wouldn't go to the dealer and have this done for free under warranty?

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
PM me your order # so I can track it. Mopar did make more changes to the ordering system so we may be offering this again.

Thanks,
- Benny

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Probably a dumb question. Is the steel steering gear stock on 2021 models?