Sponsored

Did you expect the base price of the 2021 Wrangler 392 to be UNDER or OVER $70,000?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
So no invoice prices associated? MSRP is cool, but that is not what I’m paying.

Thanks for sharing though.
Have not heard of many paying under MSRP, but more power to you if you are. Full disclosure I had a good deal lined up under invoice for a Diesel JLU and was crossing my fingers and hoping that dealer General Manager would honor when I switched to a 392 order right after announcement. Called him when I found out pricing and even though I am first in line with my deposit (I ordered on 11/18 and had to basically force him to upload order to FCA system on 11/20 to not get delayed after reading helpful information on this forum) there was no way he was budging off MSRP. Then the real kicker was when I brought up still possibly applying tread lightly, in which he stated there was no way he could possibly do 1% under invoice for a 392 which evidently is mandatory for the tread lightly program.

In regards to invoice, I really did not want to go down this road because as you can tell by some of the other posts, there are a couple who seem to feel I would possibly put all this time and effort into reverse calculating MSRP prices out of thin air on Super Bowl Sunday on little to no sleep with a 5 month old, 3 year old and 7 year old that need every minute of my attention.... (sigh)
Those who know me on this forum or that took the time to research all my 392 posts know I am a straight shooter and that I have and still am just trying to help with what has been a frustrating process for most of us who have ordered a 392. That being said, Invoice is $78,952 for my specific order. Hope this is helpful to your situation! 🤫 😉

Last edited:

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
I wonder if there will be any of that 0% or very low interest rate money around for these 392's... probably not.. sigh... That price is a little less than I was expecting... but in CA I will have to add another 7.5% Sales Tax... thankfully I finally found a dealer who would put the order in at MSRP instead of some of the ridiculous ADMs I have been given... Thanks for posting what you know about the pricing...

OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are very welcome. I went back and forth about putting the amount of time and attention needed into it but a few of the regular posters on another 392 thread struggling with no pricing convinced me it was the right thing to do. Similar to your case I am in NY and will have to add another 4% in car sales tax (probably will be a lot higher next year) which will bring me in at almost $88,000 not accounting for any sticker surprises.

Speaking of accounting, I have some good news for many of us! I noticed the GVW for the 392 is 6,100 pounds. If that sticks (unlike the diesel GVW that was reduced), the Wrangler 392 should qualify for section 179 tax deduction! For those of you with more doubts about credibility, check for yourself... :movember:

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I noticed the GVW for the 392 is 6,100 pounds. If that sticks (unlike the diesel GVW that was reduced), the Wrangler 392 should qualify for section 179 tax deduction!
What's the section 179 tax deduction? I have no idea what that means... 😕

(New car taxes in Illinois are brutal, so anything that could affect that would be a good thing.)

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
$3995 for a sky top? When a painted hardtop is standard, shouldn't it only be $1900 like on a sahara altitude?

You are probably right, but I very much hope you're wrong, because that means my build just went up by 2K! 😄

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Have not heard of many paying under MSRP, but more power to you if you are. Full disclosure I had a good deal lined up under invoice for a Diesel JLU and was crossing my fingers and hoping that dealer General Manager would honor when I switched to a 392 order right after announcement. Called him when I found out pricing and even though I am first in line with my deposit (I ordered on 11/18 and had to basically force him to upload order to FCA system on 11/20 to not get delayed after reading helpful information on this forum) there was no way he was budging off MSRP. Then the real kicker was when I brought up still possibly applying tread lightly, in which he stated there was no way he could possibly do 1% under invoice for a 392 which evidently is mandatory for the tread lightly program.

In regards to invoice, I really did not want to go down this road because as you can tell by some of the other posts, there are a couple who seem to feel I would possibly put all this time and effort into reverse calculating MSRP prices out of thin air on Super Bowl Sunday on little to no sleep with a 5 month old, 3 year old and 7 year old that need every minute of my attention.... (sigh)
Those who know me on this forum or that took the time to research all my 392 posts know I am a straight shooter and that I have and still am just trying to help with what has been a frustrating process for most of us who have ordered a 392. That being said, Invoice is $78,952 for my specific order. Hope this is helpful to your situation! 🤫 😉
Thanks for sharing what's been going on with you and your situation, and giving some insight. Wonder how long they are going to take to announce it officially now. The frustrating part is you know they already had a price on it back when it was announce.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
If you add the $2095 to the MSRP, it put the car in the same pricing as the guy with $77K 392 in the other thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alleycat392

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why does the thread say revealed when in fact it hasn’t yet? There is already a thread with 100 pages talking about MSRP? OP felt the need to have his own, just curious?
You should have more information in this 2 page thread about 392 MSRP then “100 pages” about a price glitch in the system from a thread started at the end of December that may have been spot on.

MSRP & INVOICE for my order were given to me directly from Jeep Customer Care with an open complaint case = FACT

Last edited:

purduecrew

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XR392, 2023 JLURD, 2022 Yukon Duramax
So no invoice prices associated? MSRP is cool, but that is not what I’m paying.

Thanks for sharing though.
You seem pretty proud of this in multiple threads. So I PM'd you back in November which dealer you are working with. Why is it such a secret?

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Sorry Guy's and Gal's, but give me a 392 sleeper Willys, with no lift kit, no sky touch and no ESS!!!!

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
After placing a substantial amount of pressure, I was finally able to get Stellantis (FCA) to give me the total MSRP price of my 2021 JLU 392 ordered on 11/20/2020. This was an absolutely fully loaded order with additional mopar items that I now realize I should have ordered separately from my dealer at a later time for both discounts and to avoid any chance of my new build getting delayed for adding them to a new model release. I thought it would be best to reverse build my order sheet to avoid any "sticker shock" that media outlets could misleadingly publish as they have done recently with information posted on this forum. I have done the best I could piecing pricing together utilizing the January JLU & Gladiator order guides but if you notice an error, please feel free to PM me and I will make edits accordingly.The figures provided are subject to change.

Please keep in my mind this is only a breakdown of my own specific order:

(JLJX74) WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 392: $73,860 + $1495 Built-in Destination Charge
(AJS) DUAL DOOR GROUP W/PREMIUM UPPERS: $4,395
(STJ) SKY ONE-TOUCH POWER TOP: $2000 ($4,095 Minus $2095 credit for painted hardtop)
(XDB) MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT: $675
(XNY) INTEGRATED OFF-ROAD CAMERA: $595
(ABR) TRAILER TOW PACKAGE: $350 *price from Gladiator order guide
(CMD) CARGO GROUP W/ TRAIL RAIL SYSTEM: $195

(PAU) GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC PAINT: $245 (Bright White is the only free color)

(NHK) Engine Block Heater: $95
(CT9) Mopar Windshield Tie Down: $40

Included Standard Premium Options:
  • All Leather interior w/custom 392 badging
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Body-color hardtop
  • Body-color flares
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group & Advanced Safety Group
  • Selec-Trac two-speed transfer case with wide track Dana 44 axles
  • Tru-Lok electronic locking diffs & electronic front sway-bar disconnect
  • Upgraded frame rails, Mopar 2-inch lift (above standard Rubicon)
  • Heavy-duty brakes, FOX high performance aluminum monotube shocks
  • Dual Mode Exhaust w/quad tailpipes
  • Functional Hood Scoop with Tri-Level Hydro-Guide

** Total MSRP - $83,945 **

It is important to note that the total MSRP above is the specific price that was provided to me for my own specific order. I reverse built the order and broke down the prices from order guides because all of us have waited way too long for a price after leaving deposits as far back as November. I did not do it to justify the price or get bombarded with comments by those who think it is overpriced and that there are a dozen other vehicles that I should have spent my money on. For what it is worth, the price is still taking some time to digest and I have found myself questioning the purchase, but when you add up all the standard options the price seems to be somewhat within reason. My dealer still does not have pricing.

IMG_0933.jpg

38E0D563-CAEA-4793-BB7E-A7127E76DE40.jpeg

IMG_0938.JPG
2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-front-seats-carbuzz-775583.jpg
About what I thought, even though beyond my means or interest. I figured it would be in the ballpark of the TrackHawk (actually is less) and the Raptor. Great engine.
Sponsored