Not open for further replies.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Jeep just ran an ad with an old CJ in it. I didnt see a new Jeep in the ad...not clearly anyway. Maybe a distant shot of a JL. Not sure.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Jeep just ran an ad with an old CJ in it. I didnt see a new Jeep in the ad...not clearly anyway. Maybe a distant shot of a JL. Not sure.
Did you recognize, the Boss, Bruce Springsteen was the guy driving the Jeep.. the guy talking... the guy with the cowboy hat..

Sponsored

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Did you recognize, the Boss, Bruce Springsteen was the guy driving the Jeep.. the guy talking... the guy with the cowboy hat..
He looked familiar, but I hadn't seen him in years. The earring gave me a clue and I fumbled it. I just kept thinking what Kansas farmer wears an earring?

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Not sure how a commercial about finding common ground and coming together for the greater good is going to alienate 50% of your customers? Or how that is seen as a bad thing or a political thing.
Because if it was actually about finding common ground they wouldn't have chosen a person outspoken on one side. Heck, any random farmer would have been a better fit.

Let me ask you this: If that exact same commercial ran and say, Clint Eastwood or Kanye West had that role...would you still think it's about "the middle"?

Probably not, because it never is.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Because if it was actually about finding common ground they wouldn't have chosen a person outspoken on one side. Heck, any random farmer would have been a better fit.

Let me ask you this: If that exact same commercial ran and say, Clint Eastwood or Kanye West had that role...would you still think it's about "the middle"?

Probably not, because it never is.
And the "Re-United States of America" which is a shot at the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.