Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Are your saying you don't like dealers working on your vehicle? 🤣

I get it. I think you have to know which technicians are good, but how can you know this? When I lived in LA LA land, I was friends with a GM (now gm) "World Class" master tech for Corvettes. When he changed dealers, my Corvette followed him. He was the only guy that I allowed to work on my car. But I don't know the Jeep techs in my town now so I hope nothing breaks or if it does, it is simple and I can fix in myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Are your saying you don't like dealers working on your vehicle? 🤣

I get it. I think you have to know which technicians are good, but how can you know this? When I lived in LA LA land, I was friends with a GM (now gm) "World Class" master tech for Corvettes. When he changed dealers, my Corvette followed him. He was the only guy that I allowed to work on my car. But I don't know the Jeep techs in my town now so I hope nothing breaks or if it does, it is simple and I can fix in myself.
agreed. Sucks though

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I’ve actually had good luck with my dealer. I have a lift, 35’s, winch and some other accessories added. No issues with any warranty work at all nor with the oil changes that came with the keep wave program. They know I wheel it to because of all the scrapes and dents on the skid plates. I do make sure that the engine and undercarriage is clean any time it goes to the dealer. Happy technician makes life easier.

Deleted member 53226

I know we are locked into whatever dealer or whichever Jeep dealer mechanics we have to bring our VERY expensive vehicles back for service or such, but I just laugh or cringe at the fact when people say, "bring it back to the dealer" to fix. OMG, my heart drops when I hear or possibly have to use that situation. I cannot think of a more inferior group of people or mechanics to touch our Trucks or cars, I know there might not be much choice but To me I roll the dice hoping nothing ever goes wrong because the dealer is the last place I would bring it back. On one of my SRT GC i brought it back for a clunking in the trans, took off the whole day because you cannot trust anyone, watched them as they ONLY "flashed" the computer which by the way never worked, but again, having to take off the whole day. Also, as I was there I witnessed in another bay a """"technician""" caulking with a home depot caulking gun the top of a door from a new Jeep. Another time when I traded in my 6 month old SRT GC with a Borla catback exhaust that I put in which requires a 1/16 cut the dealer called me saying the """technician""" says it's off 3 inches. Of course I flew down there only to show the technician how wrong he was. My 86 year old father in law brought his new Jeep wrangler which he purchased because of me from them, back for a shift light that's been out from beginning and then charged him $160 for tire rotation. I personally would never bring my Jeep back to dealer or have them fix anything. By the way the Jeep dealer is in NY and it's Bill Volz but i'm sure most suck, but I can tell you my 20 car experience from them from, Hellcat, GT350, 3 Scatpacks, 7 SRT GC's, 12 GC's, 2 JK's, 2 JL's, Cherokee, etc. They are the worst ripoff dealer I know of and I have given them many many chances until I figured out how bad I was getting ripped off when I purchased my current 21 Rubi from another dealer. I have personally purchased about 20-25 vehicles from them within the last 10 years. Just cannot think of a worse situation than to bring it back to dealer, unless you have no choice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let the dealer fix it,hahahahahahah 1612743435579

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Everything you said is a sad reality and far too common among all brands and associated dealer service departments. My local Jeep dealership is so bad I can't say what I think of them here. My last interaction with them goes like this: called to complain about a TSB that they used the wrong part. I had all of the information at hand and I verified all of it to back accurate. Speaking to a service writer about it. Says hold on, comes back and starts lying about what the TSB requires for the repair. I laughed and asked them to read it again to me word for word then. They wouldn't do it. Asked to talk to the manager. Was put on hold, never got to speak to a manager and even left a message to call me. 3 weeks have passed and still no call back. No resolution for an issue I've been aware of since October of 2020. So yes they suck, no they do not know how to fix vehicles, no they do not really care about their customers, yes they lie and don't care if you catch them doing it. There are seemingly no repercussions for their failures, lack of skills, lack of customer service.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My take - It must suck even more to live in NY than I thought it did.

OP
OP
YFD_322

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
My take - It must suck even more to live in NY than I thought it did.
now your bashing NY. You couldn’t last 2 minutes here. But that’s another story.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So the OP purchased 20 new vehicles from a dealer before he discovered he was getting ripped off and is calling the same dealer stupid?
Sponsored