JL Hood Lock Bolt Vs MOPAR

John Galt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for your replies, I ordered the BOLT and it arrived safely, looks great, now only waiting for my Jeep to arrive...
Sponsored

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Finally installed my Bolt hood lock this morning. Started at 9am and was washing my hands shortly before 10am. Very simple install process and it works as expected. I reused all of the existing hardware.

The only delay was going to Harbor Freight to purchased the riveting tool.

9FED8055-96E1-455B-8AE6-013F2CC7A17D.jpeg
Is it the camera angle, or does the grill piece provided not match the original grill piece and remaining grill pieces?

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Is it the camera angle, or does the grill piece provided not match the original grill piece and remaining grill pieces?
It matches perfectly. What you’re seeing is the new, un-faded Bolt panel next to the slightly faded OEM panels. Some Armor All or some similar product on the OEM sections would help until the Bolt section weathers a bit.

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
It matches perfectly. What you’re seeing is the new, un-faded Bolt panel next to the slightly faded OEM panels. Some Armor All or some similar product on the OEM sections would help until the Bolt section weathers a bit.
Awesome. Thank you!

harryG

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 renegade, 2021 willys (on order)
The mopar one is located on the grille at a higher point and is can be keyed to the stock key. However i am unsure if at this time it requires a locksmith to update the cylinder or if it is a stick it in and forget ordeal. The mopar one also does not have a cover leaving the key slot open. The bolt one is located in the top middle of the grille and keys off your existing key using the bolt technology not requiring a locksmith. It also appears to have a cover as well to prevent grime buildup
installed thr bolt for JL this past weekend on my 2021 Willys. whole process took about 30 minutes and Im more than happy with it. Amazon carries it but zi had to order it 3 times. They kept running out of stock.

Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
can these be installed without completely removing the front grill ?
i really don't feel like removing my bumper or winch to get at the bottom clips.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
i really don't feel like removing my bumper or winch to get at the bottom clips.
Having looked at numerous videos on the installation process, I don't think you can avoid removing the grill. You shouldn't have to remove the bumper, but I can't speculate on whether your winch will get in the way. Regardless, the grill removal process looks pretty easy...just remove the six plastic fasteners along the top, and then pull the grill straight out/forward. Perhaps those who have actually done this can expound further, but it appears simple.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I installed mine with the factory bumper still on so I can speak to what items you may have in the way, most likely your winch. I will say that when removing the grill you can't be afraid to PULL. Those clips are snug.
Sponsored