Sponsored

Which Warranty Did You Get? And how much did it cost?

What warranty did you get?

• Total voters

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
It's what you said -- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. I was told it covers every part and system in the vehicle excluding wear items (lube, filter, pads, rotors, bushings, etc.) Seems bumper to bumper to me. Nothing in the fine print either to suggest otherwise.

What are you seeing? What am I missing? Perhaps they changed it since you last reviewed?
Bumper to bumper to me means it would cover interior, electronics, etc things that are not mechanical. Just misunderstood what you meant by bumper to bumper
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Bumper to bumper to me means it would cover interior, electronics, etc things that are not mechanical. Just misunderstood what you meant by bumper to bumper
Yep. It (Geico's MBI) covers all of those. I.e., infotainment systems, etc. I get what you mean by 'not mechanical' -- but Geico's plan covers everything that's originally on the vehicle and not wear/tear items, from bumper to bumper.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. It (Geico's MBI) covers all of those. I.e., infotainment systems, etc. I get what you mean by 'not mechanical' -- but Geico's plan covers everything that's originally on the vehicle and not wear/tear items, from bumper to bumper.
Just asked Geico and it covers mechanical including a/c, electrical components under the hood, but nothing interior like infotainment screen, leather, sun visor (all too common lol) but it's cheap so not a terrible deal

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just asked Geico and it covers mechanical including a/c, electrical components under the hood, but nothing interior like infotainment screen, leather, sun visor (all too common lol) but it's cheap so not a terrible deal
I just talked to two different people on the phone after waiting on hold for quite a bit (sales person, and their manager) and they said all of that is covered (anything factory anyway). Additionally, I have the policy document in writing. There is nothing excluded unless it's considered a service item/wear and tear. I was certainly a bit skeptical as well due to the price, but I bet people just check this option and therefore the risk tables are different. Not to mention it's $250 every time you use it and that really negates using it on anything inside besides infotainment/gauge cluster.

It's really just a cheap hedge against total disaster and primarily discovered it while researching the emissions equipment on the diesel. I think for $336 per vehicle (over 7 years -- and you have to stay with Geico the entire time), it's a no brainer. But yeah, I still think I would consider it bumper to bumper after talking to them.

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also @JimmyZ -- another thing I think we need to point out here is how the claims are handled. Say MaxCare vs Geico. That's one thing I still need to do a bit more research on. I.e., with MaxCare are you getting brand new OEM parts? With Geico are you getting brand new OEM parts? I bet there's a middle man on the Geico side. But I know Geico's coverage has changed from 2017 to 2021 whereas they used to cover only certain things and now they cover 'all parts and systems.'

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just talked to two different people on the phone after waiting on hold for quite a bit (sales person, and their manager) and they said all of that is covered (anything factory anyway). Additionally, I have the policy document in writing. There is nothing excluded unless it's considered a service item/wear and tear. I was certainly a bit skeptical as well due to the price, but I bet people just check this option and therefore the risk tables are different. Not to mention it's $250 every time you use it and that really negates using it on anything inside besides infotainment/gauge cluster.

It's really just a cheap hedge against total disaster and primarily discovered it while researching the emissions equipment on the diesel. I think for $336 per vehicle (over 7 years -- and you have to stay with Geico the entire time), it's a no brainer. But yeah, I still think I would consider it bumper to bumper after talking to them.
Now I'm confused... The person I talked to have different information... I wish I could get a copy of the policy... Cause that's a steal if it is truly bumper to bumper at that price.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm confused... The person I talked to have different information... I wish I could get a copy of the policy... Cause that's a steal if it is truly bumper to bumper at that price.
I even asked for their manager because after you said you talked to someone, I wanted to be sure since it's concerning to get conflicting information. Remember -- this is a box Geico checks by default when you get a quote for a brand new vehicle. My guess is people aren't even realizing they have it (and probably never use it). I bet you there's people that bought a MaxCare (or similar) warranty and ALSO have this, lol.

Also worth mentioning is the $250 deductible. There's just not a lot of expensive items in the interior besides the gauge cluster/infotainment system. The $400 home link sun visor isn't $400 anymore (or wasn't when I inquired locally -- rather it was more like $225 -- still below the deductible).

I'm also concerned regarding an adjustor sitting there in between -- do you get new parts, re-built parts, non-OEM parts? I need to ask those questions. I know with MaxCare, you're getting brand new OEM parts, but you're also paying a lot more and may still have a deductible.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I even asked for their manager because after you said you talked to someone, I wanted to be sure since it's concerning to get conflicting information. Remember -- this is a box Geico checks by default when you get a quote for a brand new vehicle. My guess is people aren't even realizing they have it (and probably never use it). I bet you there's people that bought a MaxCare (or similar) warranty and ALSO have this, lol.

Also worth mentioning is the $250 deductible. There's just not a lot of expensive items in the interior besides the gauge cluster/infotainment system. The $400 home link sun visor isn't $400 anymore (or wasn't when I inquired locally -- rather it was more like $225 -- still below the deductible).

I'm also concerned regarding an adjustor sitting there in between -- do you get new parts, re-built parts, non-OEM parts? I need to ask those questions. I know with MaxCare, you're getting brand new OEM parts, but you're also paying a lot more and may still have a deductible.
Evidently the person I spoke with was not educated on it as she read the same things off the video I saw. I'm definitely gonna look at it hardcore when I take delivery. Thanks for all your insight buddy!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evidently the person I spoke with was not educated on it as she read the same things off the video I saw. I'm definitely gonna look at it hardcore when I take delivery.
It's worth looking into further -- I do need to ask about OEM parts. I'd hate for an engine to blow up after 60k on my wife's and suddenly we get another engine with 100k on it.

Sponsored

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just wrapped up the deal - bought the 2k 5yr/60k 'bumper to bumper'. Peace of mind and cheap if anything ever actually breaks and I don't need to coordinate with any 3rd parties to get the work done. I will probably trade it before that expires anyway so I wasn't look for more than that.

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Like others I have the Geico MBI. I asked specifically if by electronics it included infotainment system (those suckers are $$$) and was told it does. We have it on our Renegade and they paid for new drive shaft after $250 deductible. It was super easy, even mechanic said they called asked like 1 or 2 questions and paid him via credit card over the phone, he was impressed. Geico said making the claim has no impact on my rates either, it's considered a not at fault claim. Best $9/month ever.

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
Just purchased directly from Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep

BY FAR the best price and couldn't be easier (1 phone call)

Don't bother looking anywhere else, call Tom

I have under 12k miles and bought MOPAR Max care 8/85k with 200 ded for $980

Tom Winkels

Finance Manager

Hayes Jeep

3718 Stadium Drive

Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

[email protected]

TEL-269.488.2080

FAX-269.488.2086

HHDUTCHMAN

First Name
Hylke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Camry SE. ā€˜14 Odyssey EX-L
Iā€™m taking the Geico option once I take delivery in the next two weeks (trying to be patient). It seems to me itā€™s a reasonable value to cover against major repairs for 7 years / 100k. Itā€™s literally like $12.

Iā€˜m not sure if Iā€™d still opt for it if I were to buy a Lexus or Honda, but last time I checked Jeep is not exactly know for its trouble free ownership experience. Iā€™ll pay the $12.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Just purchased directly from Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep

BY FAR the best price and couldn't be easier (1 phone call)

Don't bother looking anywhere else, call Tom

I have under 12k miles and bought MOPAR Max care 8/85k with 200 ded for $980

Tom Winkels

Finance Manager

Hayes Jeep

3718 Stadium Drive

Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

[email protected]

TEL-269.488.2080

FAX-269.488.2086
I went through Tom also. Best price for Mopar Maximum Care plans.
Sponsored