First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
I pulled out the sound bar and upgraded the speakers to 6.5” Infinity 2-way speakers. The factory setup is definitely a head scratcher....not sure why they decided to run a 4” and 3.5” in the sound bar. The removal of the sound bar is a simple process and makes it way easier to modify. I used the SSV Works kit, Dynamat inside the sound bar and a little poly fill. Nice upgrade!

F9BED42A-BDF0-4EF2-B884-2851A65D11FC.jpeg

I’ll be doing the same as soon as the weather warms up a bit lol
DEB2CABB-7F46-4546-A5A1-4D0140E88E96.jpeg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've got several warm weather To Dos myself. Having worked on the cold concrete of a garage floor in winter, I'm a bit more willing to put off non-critical jobs these days.

• Quadratec 4-flat tow harness (this would already be done, but for the compulsory CANBUS wire run along the frame and up to the battery)
  • LED fog light upgrade; I may also trim the Euro fender inserts so that they cover just the fog light housings
For those of you who have laid hands on your fog light assembles: are they adjustable for aim? Mine, as delivered, illuminate 6' in front (and a bit to the sides) of the front bumper...and that's about it.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I've got several warm weather To Dos myself. Having worked on the cold concrete of a garage floor in winter, I'm a bit more willing to put off non-critical jobs these days.

• Quadratec 4-flat tow harness (this would already be done, but for the compulsory CANBUS wire run along the frame and up to the battery)
  • LED fog light upgrade; I may also trim the Euro fender inserts so that they cover just the fog light housings
For those of you who have laid hands on your fog light assembles: are they adjustable for aim? Mine, as delivered, illuminate 6' in front (and a bit to the sides) of the front bumper...and that's about it.
The fog lights are not adjustable, but I imagine you could add a washer or two between the bracket and bumper to make a slight adjustment,

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I pulled out the sound bar and upgraded the speakers to 6.5” Infinity 2-way speakers. The factory setup is definitely a head scratcher....not sure why they decided to run a 4” and 3.5” in the sound bar. The removal of the sound bar is a simple process and makes it way easier to modify. I used the SSV Works kit, Dynamat inside the sound bar and a little poly fill. Nice upgrade!

F9BED42A-BDF0-4EF2-B884-2851A65D11FC.jpeg

DEB2CABB-7F46-4546-A5A1-4D0140E88E96.jpeg
Did you run me wires or use factory?

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Did you run me wires or use factory?
I did not. I used the factory wiring and the Metra speaker adapters. I did connect the wiring from both speakers as I read several people noticed a flat sound when only using the one speaker plug. If I was my "younger self" I would've absolutely run new wiring though as the factory wiring is thin and has multiple connections (plug for the sound bar, factory splitting of speaker wire inside sound bar, and Metra speaker adapter). Regardless, it is a noticeable improvement in sound quality, although not as big of an impact as replacing the knee speakers.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
do new tires and wheels count?
Raceline 946G Boost
BFG KO2's in 315/70R17

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 35A25BB9-0D8C-41CA-9852-8D384A159C78
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 35A25BB9-0D8C-41CA-9852-8D384A159C78
What’s the offset/backspacing on those wheels? Might just be the picture, but they almost look like they’ve got even more backspacing than the factory wheels.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I did not. I used the factory wiring and the Metra speaker adapters. I did connect the wiring from both speakers as I read several people noticed a flat sound when only using the one speaker plug. If I was my "younger self" I would've absolutely run new wiring though as the factory wiring is thin and has multiple connections (plug for the sound bar, factory splitting of speaker wire inside sound bar, and Metra speaker adapter). Regardless, it is a noticeable improvement in sound quality, although not as big of an impact as replacing the knee speakers.
Thank you for the reply. Been debating doing soundbar, already did the knee speakers and dash. Is it worth doing the soundbar also, or is the pay off not enough?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
What’s the offset/backspacing on those wheels? Might just be the picture, but they almost look like they’ve got even more backspacing than the factory wheels.
The wheels are a +35 offset. When you compare that to the +44 of the factory there’s only a 9 mm difference in offset between these & the factory

Larrymuld

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Today was a good day with my sons (12,14). We changed both front and rear differential fluids, changed the engine oil, competed a 5 tire rotation, tighted the ball joint nut on both sides and finished with replacing the LCAs with the ones from MOPARs 2 in lift. Oh yeah changed the cabin filter.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
The wheels are a +35 offset. When you compare that to the +44 of the factory there’s only a 9 mm difference in offset between these & the factory
Ok, cool. Was worried you were setting yourself up for rubbing issues. Must be an optical illusion. Or my eyes are getting worse... :movember:

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Thank you for the reply. Been debating doing soundbar, already did the knee speakers and dash. Is it worth doing the soundbar also, or is the pay off not enough?
Yeah, I think so. Honestly it evened out the sound and made juuuust enough of a difference!

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I had to take my back ones off. The attachment screws came loose and damn near lost the mud flaps the first week. I am going put nut certs on them reinstall.
I will probably redo mine at some point with different hardware. I called and had them send me replacement hardware just in case. I'm thinking I might upgrade everything to nuts and bolts with lock washers or something though.