OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
Well, if 8th was held up a 7% grade.... high load but what I mean is IF there is more power generated (more BTU’s than stock generated) with the tune around 2k rpm (harder on an engine and more apt to have spark knock) and under rpm’s and you’re climbing an obstacle and it’s 114* + outside. That is where my concern lies IF more power is made on any of your tunes in that rpm range.
Ahh, understood.

No, there would be no concern with this particular situation for a few reasons. The mapping is calibrated as such that we are able to separate different performance parameters or data changes for different scenarios. In this case, a low rpm, high load, high temperature situation would warrant modest/mild tune changes, if any. We can do this without affecting peak power and performance in other places.

The mapping is 3 dimensional, so a power gain in one gear at one place in the powerband for a given scenario is not going to blanket over necessarily into an undesirable situation where "over-tuning" would cause negative effects.

We have atmospheric condition corrections and many other data points associated with mapping the ECU uses to make very intelligent determinations, and with tuning we can take advantage of this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Self tune or shops tune. I know they are two different options but you had mentioned a piggyback or standalone. I guess what I'm asking is with your handheld would a licensed shop (as long as they have the software)be able to tune my jeep for aftermarket upgrades? I'm not a self tuner nor do I want to blow my jeep up. I would imagine flashing between tunes is a feature it would have much like the accessory from cobb. I guess that would be more in line is this going to be more like Cobbs accessp
Got it, in this case the answer is no in regards to another shop tuning your car with our handheld.

The handheld we are using (and tuning software) is specifically tied to us (that's the way our manufacturer sets it up). So any tune files or information created and compressed by us is locked through the handheld specifically with our information. This means another tuner cannot use the handheld to distribute his own files, or use ours.

Cobb has their system set up to allow communication through their ProTuner network (therefore anyone with the software can communicate with their devices regardless of who you bought it from, it's not tied to any one person or tuner). But our devices do not do this, the companies that supply our software and hardware have to keep their systems designated to individual clients.

A piggyback system is more viable in regards to taking it to another tuner. However, all you can adjust is boost, so it wouldn't be a worthwhile investment for a "custom" piggyback tune. However, we will be adding modifications to the car, and dyno/tune testing with other companies modifications as well as our own (we are already developing some with Mishimotos intake which we have, as well as Borla and some other exhaust options). We are working on intakes, downpipes, etc. All of this will work cohesively together with our tuning and development.

This car is wideband, and incredibly capable of direct adjustment on the fly due to it's logic, so a majority of the changes we can test and change will cover most people. For those in extreme circumstances, we can do custom tuning here at our dyno shop.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Well, we hope to offer all that. As for "throttle tuning" we do offer a pedal controller that works great and can be tucked away and out of site. See here - https://shopeurocompulsion.net/coll...uro-drive-fr-fast-response-jeep-wrangler-2-0l.

With a tune, we will make adjustments as well, but in the meantime, it's a great tool to have. It really gives the illusion of more power and low-end torque. It kind of makes it feel like a cable throttle in the right setting as it adds a weight feel to the pedal. I recommend City mode on the highest sensitivity level.
Unfortunately I'm not that interested in the throttle controller boxes. They can't do anything that my foot couldn't, so I don't really see any benefit.

Basically what I'm after is changing the downshift and upshift thresholds. For example: at 50% throttle & 50% load, the engine will currently downshift. I want to make it so that it requires 75% throttle @ 50% load. Same thing but opposite on the upshifts: I want it to shift quicker at partial throttle/load. I feel that the transmission tuning stays in the lower gears far longer than it needs to for the given throttle input.

Outrage

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2001 TJ
Got it, in this case the answer is no in regards to another shop tuning your car with our handheld.

The handheld we are using (and tuning software) is specifically tied to us (that's the way our manufacturer sets it up). So any tune files or information created and compressed by us is locked through the handheld specifically with our information. This means another tuner cannot use the handheld to distribute his own files, or use ours.

Cobb has their system set up to allow communication through their ProTuner network (therefore anyone with the software can communicate with their devices regardless of who you bought it from, it's not tied to any one person or tuner). But our devices do not do this, the companies that supply our software and hardware have to keep their systems designated to individual clients.

A piggyback system is more viable in regards to taking it to another tuner. However, all you can adjust is boost, so it wouldn't be a worthwhile investment for a "custom" piggyback tune. However, we will be adding modifications to the car, and dyno/tune testing with other companies modifications as well as our own (we are already developing some with Mishimotos intake which we have, as well as Borla and some other exhaust options). We are working on intakes, downpipes, etc. All of this will work cohesively together with our tuning and development.

This car is wideband, and incredibly capable of direct adjustment on the fly due to it's logic, so a majority of the changes we can test and change will cover most people. For those in extreme circumstances, we can do custom tuning here at our dyno shop.
Got ya. Will you be able to custom tune through data logging? Not sure where your shop is but driving log distances for tuning is probably not an option for me.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got ya. Will you be able to custom tune through data logging? Not sure where your shop is but driving log distances for tuning is probably not an option for me.
Absolutely, we already do this for many of our current customers (who run modifications we have not tested or are more unique setups).

Our shop/dyno is in the Tulsa, OK area (we're just outside Tulsa).

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Absolutely, we already do this for many of our current customers (who run modifications we have not tested or are more unique setups).

Our shop/dyno is in the Tulsa, OK area (we're just outside Tulsa).
Hmm, we’ve got family in the Mannford area. Maybe I can visit one day.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When is this product being released?
It's in the works. No definite ETA. We do quite a bit of testing. We do not like to not compromise anywhere and like to find at what point we reach a bottleneck and where that will lead us in making performance parts.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It's in the works. No definite ETA. We do quite a bit of testing. We do not like to not compromise anywhere and like to find at what point we reach a bottleneck and where that will lead us in making performance parts.
I see that you're local to me. Is your place open to the public?

Your site mentions Medford on long Island.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see that you're local to me. Is your place open to the public?

Your site mentions Medford on long Island.
Chris over in NY actually retired recently and we moved all retail to our Development branch in OK.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates?
I think super chips kinda killed their drive to do this
This is something we are still working on finishing. It's just fallen a little bit lower on the priority list (not intentionally either)

We feel our tune (even in beta stages) is still better than the competition and it's going to be even better by completion. We just don't have the kind of hardware capabilities that those devices have, so we're having to go back to the drawing board in a way and figure out how we will present something like this (and also price it) in order to be competitive and worth it for the end user.

When down to tuning, there are many options/features we can offer, but our device really only clears CELs and flashes tune files. It just doesn't offer a lot of the side features at the moment (but that are still very useful to a Jeep owner).

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
Not sure I would compare Super Chip to this project. Have you seen the Beta gains on the dyno graph? That's some substantial Torque and HP for the little 2.0!
This was based more on a conversation that was had via Instagram... this tune isn’t coming anytime soon. As much as I would like/want it!