Sponsored

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
It's great, but we need the EPA to certify the MPG numbers so stickers can be printed and cars can be shipped!

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
It's great, but we need the EPA to certify the MPG numbers so stickers can be printed and cars can be shipped!

Hopefully, the fact that it just happened for the 392 is a good sign!

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Those 392 numbers are hilarious for a light foot and premium fuel. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a 392 but the gas and broken axles would be too much for me. That sound though...

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Those 392 numbers are hilarious for a light foot and premium fuel. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a 392 but the gas and broken axles would be too much for me. That sound though...
I still would have went that way as the JL is a secondary vehicle. The cost shut me down.

Sponsored

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE

Mike DeSimone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
The stickers aren't the holdup if they are want to ship them. They *could* ship them with stickers that say "This vehicle is not for retail sale" then send the Monroney labels to the dealers when they are ready. I used to own a Cadillac dealership and a BMW dealership and we got new model year vehicles that way all the time.
I know it's a very minor point, but I'm guessing that the Stellantis wants the first 4xe Jeeps to be perfect. I want mine as much as everybody else here does, but I'm also happy that Jeep's not shipping until they're good and ready. They have a huge amount of pressure to ship- monthly retail sales numbers, getting the built vehicles off their balance sheet, etc.
Believe me, they have good reasons not to.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The stickers aren't the holdup if they are want to ship them. They *could* ship them with stickers that say "This vehicle is not for retail sale" then send the Monroney labels to the dealers when they are ready. I used to own a Cadillac dealership and a BMW dealership and we got new model year vehicles that way all the time.
I know it's a very minor point, but I'm guessing that the Stellantis wants the first 4xe Jeeps to be perfect. I want mine as much as everybody else here does, but I'm also happy that Jeep's not shipping until they're good and ready. They have a huge amount of pressure to ship- monthly retail sales numbers, getting the built vehicles off their balance sheet, etc.
Only thing against this is several of us have vehicles sitting in storage waiting to ship. I can't think of a reason for them to sit except for the sticker.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
While you may be right on the stickers, a lot of our builds are done and now in storage... Would they go back and change anything on those vehicles at this point?

Mike DeSimone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
While you may be right on the stickers, a lot of our builds are done and now in storage... Would they go back and change anything on those vehicles at this point?
No, they would not. The OEM doesn't have facilities or people to repair vehicles that are already built. If they discovered something that possibly needed to be fixed on every built vehicle, they would ship them to the dealerships and have the repair done there as part of the predelivery inspection process. The reason to hold them under this scenario would be if a part was required that was not yet available, especially since none of the 4xes have been shipped yet. You could just imagine the automotive press running stories about the first Jeep PHEV being stuck on dealer lots because of a problem.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it qualifies for Colorado‘s tax credit. That’s an additional $2500.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
ON a well-equipped Sahara, the 4xe is $3500 cheaper with the incentives. ON a Rubicon, its about a $3700 savings. For dealers that mostly sell well equipped Wranglers, these should be flying off the lot as soon as they become available.

azogue

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Defender, Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I wonder if it qualifies for Colorado‘s tax credit. That’s an additional $2500.
It meets the state requirements, so it should. I've leveraged the credit multiple times for both EVs and PHEVs.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
It meets the state requirements, so it should. I've leveraged the credit multiple times for both EVs and PHEVs.
Well spit... I shoulda waited on buying our Rubicon.
Not a huge deal though.

It's be cool if they offered this drive train on a Gladiator. I'm probably going to sell my Raptor in a week or two.

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
Just got a quote for a 2021 Sahara 4xE with tow package - $48,607 before taxes and doc fee. Thoughts?
Sponsored