YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
@YFD_322

Well, Pedal Commander has Bluetooth and other's do not. To me Bluetooth and no cables and no little control pad visible in my JL, was a big deal..

Having tested more then one throttle controller brand, I found that the ones I tested did the same thing.....just that the mode selections were lets say labeled differently but that was it from what I could tell.

As for throwing codes.. I tried all kinds of things to set off a code with each throttle controller... the only way I could generate/force a code was o change modes while actively working the gas pedal. Happened with each throttle controller I tested.. did not happen every time but it did..

I've got over 20,000 miles logged with the Pedal Commander installed.. Works flawlessly. Only code ever thrown was the one I provoked by changing modes while working the gas pedal. Could other codes occur.... sure I guess...

Thank you for the info. When you did throw the code was it as easy as plugging in a code reader and clearing it?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you for the info. When you did throw the code was it as easy as plugging in a code reader and clearing it?
@YFD_322

Yes, code is thrown and you go into limp mode... You come to a stop with the JL and turn it off. You clear the code with an OBDII Scan Tool and then start the JL and all is well.... 8-)

Caveat: REMEMBER, an OBDII Scan Tool cannot do it's deed... clear codes, etc., on a JL or JT if you have not bypassed the Security Gateway. (Gateway Bypass) I myself use a security gateway bypass that I got from Joe @ ZAutomotive.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@YFD_322

Yes, code is thrown and you go into limp mode... You come to a stop with the JL and turn it off. You clear the code with an OBDII Scan Tool and then start the JL and all is well.... 8-)

Caveat: REMEMBER, an OBDII Scan Tool cannot do it's deed... clear codes, etc., on a JL or JT if you have not bypassed the Security Gateway. (Gateway Bypass) I myself use a security gateway bypass that I got from Joe @ ZAutomotive.
You mean a Tazer?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I had been thinking of getting one of these for my F250 diesel but had considered the throttle of the Jeep to be 'touchy' in comparison to the truck.

I would be interested in checking it out if someone had one installed close to me.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean a Tazer?
Well, yes a Tazer JL Mini that has the security gateway built into it can clear codes.....

What I use these days as I gave my Tazer JL Mini to a Son, is a ZAutomotive Security Gateway Bypass from ZAutomotive and my Smartphone with the JSCAN app... I also have a plug into OBDII port Scan Tool I could use with the security gateway bypass.

By the way, the security gateway bypass is hooked up to my JL, 24/7 365 . I have the Security Gateway Bypass from Z, daisy chained with a SmartStopStart unit.. 8-)

Sponsored

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I had been thinking of getting one of these for my F250 diesel but had considered the throttle of the Jeep to be 'touchy' in comparison to the truck.

I would be interested in checking it out if someone had one installed close to me.
If you don't find anyone close, Pedal Commander has a 30 day guarantee and takes just a few minutes to install/remove. Fairly pain-free to try.

But...you won't send it back.

Caveat: I'm only familiar with it's impact on a turbo diesel.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
If you don't find anyone close, Pedal Commander has a 30 day guarantee and takes just a few minutes to install/remove. Fairly pain-free to try.

But...you won't send it back.

Caveat: I'm only familiar with it's impact on a turbo diesel.
I'm actually most interested in it for my turbo diesel.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I'm actually most interested in it for my turbo diesel.
Then you'll be very happy.

p.s. consider adding diesel to your vehicle description.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Then you'll be very happy.

p.s. consider adding diesel to your vehicle description.
Hey Rick-

Sorry for the confusion. In my earlier post I mentioned that I have an F250 turbo diesel, that's what I was referring to. The Rubi is the standard ol' 3.6L.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
@YFD_322

ah man! More work and money just to get a PC

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Anyone running the HikeIt on the 3.6L with the 6 speed manual transmission? Any tips or setting recommendations?
Here is someone installing it on manual JL.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
OK still doing research on this. From what I’m reading and seeing I assume that idrive does not throw codes?

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK still doing research on this. From what I’m reading and seeing I assume that idrive does not throw codes?
@YFD_322

I know first hand that it does... It is just like the other's... if you change mode while actively working the gas pedal, there is a good chance (no always) that your JL/JT will throw a code and the JL/JT will go into limp mode.

When this happens, you have to stop and turn off the JL/JT. You then clear the code (you must have a Scan Tool and a security bypass module to do the deed) and then when you start up the vehicle, all is aok again.

This code thrown and limp mode is no big deal.. Just don't change modes while actively engaging the gas pedal. You do that and there is a chance of code and limp...
Sponsored