Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Ford's announcement today about the Raptor was an air sandwich... not going to have a v8 until sometime NEXT year... geeze did they ever drop the ball.. TRX is going to eat their lunch if Dodge would get smart and sell them at MSRP instead of trying to rake customers over the coals... Jeep is going to kick ass too and take share, that is if they can ever get their act together and announce MSRP and start production... these guys have a year's head start over Ford to take a lot of market share..
Well the new raptor does come with 4 exhaust settings, 37s on bead lock capable wheels. I owned a 2019 Raptor and the power was plenty from the ecoboost it was just too damn quiet. 37s on proper rims is pretty neat. Enjoy this last hurrah for gas powered performance trucks
Sponsored

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
I received a response from Jeep and not the one I was looking for. See photo. I jumped the gun a couple weeks ago and sold my JL in anticipation for the 392 coming in late January. The good news is I sold it for the price I was looking for but Iā€™m bummed I wonā€™t be wheeling until either my 392 is produced or I will change direction with that if Q1 passes and still no 392. Iā€™m very frustrated but trying to stay positive. Not very happy with Jeepā€™s response.

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 0E8D0DE1-F2FF-4A35-9C18-B450E4DE15C1

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I received a response from Jeep and not the one I was looking for. See photo. I jumped the gun a couple weeks ago and sold my JL in anticipation for the 392 coming in late January. The good news is I sold it for the price I was looking for but Iā€™m bummed I wonā€™t be wheeling until either my 392 is produced or I will change direction with that if Q1 passes and still no 392. Iā€™m very frustrated but trying to stay positive. Not very happy with Jeepā€™s response.

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 0E8D0DE1-F2FF-4A35-9C18-B450E4DE15C1
at least they are going for ease of operation.... that's a bummer all around though. also we are half way through Q1...

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Well the new raptor does come with 4 exhaust settings, 37s on bead lock capable wheels. I owned a 2019 Raptor and the power was plenty from the ecoboost it was just too damn quiet. 37s on proper rims is pretty neat. Enjoy this last hurrah for gas powered performance trucks
Kind of off topic, but the Raptor is a nice kit, no question. Especially with those 37s (Jeep are you listening????). But no replacing a V8. It's just not the same thing.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Kind of off topic, but the Raptor is a nice kit, no question. Especially with those 37s (Jeep are you listening????). But no replacing a V8. It's just not the same thing.
Yeah totally off topic. was just responding to someone else. but the topic of this thread is elusive generally speaking šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6, 2021 Sting-gray 392
Ordered 12/9, have vin in D status, Sting gray w one touch and half doors. I think I will feel better once in D1. Worried that the options selected will delay build.

Thinking of putting BFG 35" KO2 on at delivery. From what I have been reading will not "need" tailgate reinforcement or any mods of steel bumper. Any opposing views?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Ordered 12/9, have vin in D status, Sting gray w one touch and half doors. I think I will feel better once in D1. Worried that the options selected will delay build.

Thinking of putting BFG 35" KO2 on at delivery. From what I have been reading will not "need" tailgate reinforcement or any mods of steel bumper. Any opposing views?
So dumb question, I didn't think you could get the one touch with half doors... With the half doors, there are no windows, correct ? so it can't be closed up... does look like it would fun..

Cheers

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392

Did you recently get your VIN & D status? Curious what ā€œJeep Chatā€ would tell you today... it seems theyā€™re now giving cookie-cutter answers likely due to a broader issue.

My fingers are crossed you move to D1 SOON & hoping those with ship dates donā€™t have any more slips in their dates!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Is it a different tailgate and bracket on this one then every other Jeep? i doubt it so you would probably need a reinforcement.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I get why you guys are pissed with the delays, but these are weird times and supply lines are effected throughout the industry.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I get why you guys are pissed with the delays, but these are weird times and supply lines are effected throughout the industry.
Itā€™s not so much the delay as it is lack of communication with loyal customers that put money down trusting that Jeep/FCA would live up to expectations that they set. If the situation changes, they should be doing a better job of managing expectations and supporting loyal customers, IMO.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Itā€™s not so much the delay as it is lack of communication with loyal customers that put money down trusting that Jeep/FCA would live up to expectations that they set. If the situation changes, they should be doing a better job of managing expectations and supporting loyal customers, IMO.
I guess but honestly this delay will be forgotten once you get it. It will be THE most amazing jeep ever produced and worth the wait.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
I don't like waiting either, and I'd love to at least know how much I've committed to spending, but I'm not at all surprised. I guess my expectation wasn't very high, having just dealt with the Gladiator fiasco 2 years ago.

My tune will change quickly though if these start showing up on lots before we get ours, like they did to us with the Gladiator "launch."

V8Sting-gray

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6, 2021 Sting-gray 392
I pinged the dealer and they shared the D status and VIN, It looks like the half doors have plastic uppers that are removable. Looking forward to people starting get these!

Did you recently get your VIN & D status? Curious what ā€œJeep Chatā€ would tell you today... it seems theyā€™re now giving cookie-cutter answers likely due to a broader issue.

My fingers are crossed you move to D1 SOON & hoping those with ship dates donā€™t have any more slips in their dates!
Sponsored