OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
@Genesis Offroad ( Shawn ) my FT750 25’s are working very well with my new dual system, I Think if I had to do over I would have spent the extra coin and went with the Odyssey to get a few more cranking amps but my JL loves the extra power and your tech support that I have relied on has been super as Mike has went above and and beyond and I use my Odyssey 20 amp charger for a good recondition charge once a month and use a NOCO 10 amp for a quick weekly top off.

Also I assume that since I am using the Full River 750 25‘s that any 25 series battery will work in the future when I need to replace them ?

It also looks like the new Odyssey has less cranking amps than the older one.

F1D11C0F-9EB7-4551-96C2-357B66C8DDD9.jpeg
F60E9A04-B708-41DB-A6C1-AED030322377.jpeg
Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate the support!
Yes, since you have the Full Throttle batteries in there now, that means you have our newest tray design, so you can use any brand of Group 25 size batteries.
The new Odyssey Performance Series is still a great battery, but you are correct that is has less cold cranking amps (675) than the Full Throttle (750), as well as less slightly less capacity. I think this is simply due to Odyssey's tapered design. Since the Full Throttle case comes straight down on the sides, it has slightly more lead inside. Can't go wrong with either brand though!
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Will the new Performance series 25s fit in the old tray?
Jim,

Looks like the new model of the Odyssey 25 series has less cranking amps than the older one Odyssey made, looks like the Odyssey 25-PC1400 was 850 CCW versus 675 with the newer Odyssey ODP-AGM25

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate the support!
Yes, since you have the Full Throttle batteries in there now, that means you have our newest tray design, so you can use any brand of Group 25 size batteries.
The new Odyssey Performance Series is still a great battery, but you are correct that is has less cold cranking amps (675) than the Full Throttle (750), as well as less slightly less capacity. I think this is simply due to Odyssey's tapered design. Since the Full Throttle case comes straight down on the sides, it has slightly more lead inside. Can't go wrong with either brand though!
Shawn,

Now you guys need to work on some type of enclosure for the G Screen monitor system, I really want to add it to my new setup but don’t want to cut any holes in the dash and you well know the JL has limited room so having the G screen mounted in a small control box with the cable coming out the back would be perfect as having it mounted in a box makes it much easier to find a home for.

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shawn,

Now you guys need to work on some type of enclosure for the G Screen monitor system, I really want to add it to my new setup but don’t want to cut any holes in the dash and you well know the JL has limited room so having the G screen mounted in a small control box with the cable coming out the back would be perfect as having it mounted in a box makes it much easier to find a home for.
Yeah, I've been wanting to do a plastic mounting bezel for quite a while. The challenge is the cost of the plastic injection mold. The mold design is obnoxiously expensive, so if we made a mounting bezel that only worked on the JL, the sales volume would have to be very high for the per-piece price to even make sense. Unfortunately since the G Screen is such a specialty niche item, we're just not anywhere near the volume that would be required for it to be affordable. Perhaps we could make a simple sheetmetal tab that would hold it, which would be much cheaper, but it wouldn't look nearly as nice as an injection molded piece.

We did have one customer a couple years ago put the G Screen into a small plastic hobby box case and then he attached a RAM ball mount to it so it would attach to his RAM dash mount. That was pretty clever, but then not everyone wants to attach a RAM base to the dash either.

I'll keep thinking about it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've been wanting to do a plastic mounting bezel for quite a while. The challenge is the cost of the plastic injection mold. The mold design is obnoxiously expensive, so if we made a mounting bezel that only worked on the JL, the sales volume would have to be very high for the per-piece price to even make sense. Unfortunately since the G Screen is such a specialty niche item, we're just not anywhere near the volume that would be required for it to be affordable. Perhaps we could make a simple sheetmetal tab that would hold it, which would be much cheaper, but it wouldn't look nearly as nice as an injection molded piece.

We did have one customer a couple years ago put the G Screen into a small plastic hobby box case and then he attached a RAM ball mount to it so it would attach to his RAM dash mount. That was pretty clever, but then not everyone wants to attach a RAM base to the dash either.

I'll keep thinking about it.
Shawn,

keep me in mind as I would love to try what you come with, I know the G screen is considered a luxury type add on but I think it compliments the dual system really well and gives you at a glance of battery condition without having to use a meter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about a 3D printed plastic container?
We have a Form Labs 3d printer for prototyping new parts, but the per piece price of 3d printing is still far too expensive to be cost effective for production.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Perhaps one of the hobbyists who do a little printing on the side would e interested in this. I would likely pay $50 to $100 for a nice little mountable box for the screen.

I posted this on a 3D hobbyists YouTube account. Let's see what happens.....
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates g-scree

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps one of the hobbyists who do a little printing on the side would e interested in this. I would likely pay $50 to $100 for a nice little mountable box for the screen.

I posted this on a 3D hobbyists YouTube account. Let's see what happens.....
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates g-scree
I’m hoping something can be made, this would be something I would love to add.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
We have a Form Labs 3d printer for prototyping new parts, but the per piece price of 3d printing is still far too expensive to be cost effective for production.
Shawn if anything maybe make one and come up with the cost per item and just don’t carry them in stock and have it as a make per order item this way there’s no risk for you having a bunch on the shelf.
Sponsored