Sponsored

Help me decide.....new wheel set-up?

Which should I go with?

• Black Rhino Primm in silver / machined (17x9, -18mm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Rhino Primm in black (17x9, -18mm)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Been debating ditching the bronze recently.....I love it, but I' m very particular about color matching (and staying true to the 3-color rule) and I haven't found a good way to incorporate the bronze elsewhere throughout the vehicle. I am considering going the machined route since it will match well with my shocks, jeep badges, and other silver bits. Plus it'll pop against the blue.

The Primm will provide the bead-lock look and machined finish without being over-the-top.
The Machete will provide the functionality (and added up-keep) of a true bead-lock and will provide the look I ultimately want.

Also debating black, but I feel like it'll blend in too much. Would love to get some feedback below. :rock:
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Should post a pic of your vehicle and pics of the wheels that you're wanting to try.

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should post a pic of your vehicle and pics of the wheels that you're wanting to try.
Genius! :surprised: All jokes aside, I should've probably should've done that initially haha. Appreciate the input.

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In order:
Current Set-up, RockTrix in bronze
BR Primm in silver/ machined
KMC Machete Crawl machined
BR Primm in black

jlphoto.jpg

black-rhino-primm-8-lug-silver-mirror-face-lip_1.jpg

kmc wheel.PNG

truck-wheels-black-rhino-primm-5-lug-matte-black-with-brass-bolts_1.jpg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you considered gunmetal, that might go well w/ blue & black combo on your Jeep.
Jeep looks nice currently too!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered gunmetal, that might go well w/ blue & black combo on your Jeep.
Jeep looks nice currently too!
Thanks, I love the bronze, just struggling to find ways to incorporate it more since I don't have a good way of getting an exact color match.

I actually haven't considered gunmetal but I'll put it on the radar!

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump

wedgeajt

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2-Door JK, 2021 Rubicon (ordered)
Whichever you get, don't get ones with lots of little holes. Pain in the butt to clean. I voted for the middle on in your pictures.

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i wouldnt worry about trying to match something on the jeep with the bronze wheels. unless you're trying to make the jeep look like a rolling track suit. it looks great the way it is. if you really must have matching details on the jeep itself, take some of metal parts to a local powder coating or paint shop and have them match (or close to it) the color and do the parts. personally i think it might look kind of odd with bronze parts on a jeep but if done subtly it may look good....or not lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wouldnt worry about trying to match something on the jeep with the bronze wheels. unless you're trying to make the jeep look like a rolling track suit. it looks great the way it is. if you really must have matching details on the jeep itself, take some of metal parts to a local powder coating or paint shop and have them match (or close to it) the color and do the parts. personally i think it might look kind of odd with bronze parts on a jeep but if done subtly it may look good....or not lol
Yeah Iā€™m kinda meh on the bronze accents the more I think about it....might look cool but also the silver is subtle enough as it is right now and already matches with the badges, shocks, center caps, etc.

Idk maybe Iā€™m just getting the itch to change something....last time I did that it didnā€™t turn out well lol. Better restrain myself this time before I ruin a good thing šŸ˜‚.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah Iā€™m kinda meh on the bronze accents the more I think about it....might look cool but also the silver is subtle enough as it is right now and already matches with the badges, shocks, center caps, etc.

Idk maybe Iā€™m just getting the itch to change something....last time I did that it didnā€™t turn out well lol. Better restrain myself this time before I ruin a good thing šŸ˜‚.
Maybe take what Steve said and just apply it to the wheels, those are a pretty cool style. Powder coating them a different color might get you more of what you're after. And FWIW they have so many powder coat colors now you're sure to find just what you want.

OP
OP
Yondu_JLU

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe take what Steve said and just apply it to the wheels, those are a pretty cool style. Powder coating them a different color might get you more of what you're after. And FWIW they have so many powder coat colors now you're sure to find just what you want.
I think that is the route I'll end up going if I don't go with the bead-locks. I'm getting all of my Synergy components installed soon, so I think I might also get my wheels color matched in that semi-gloss steel metallic (gloss gunmetal with a bit of flake)....or get the bead-lock ring on the machete (black/ machined ring variant) color matched in semi-gloss steel metallic.
Sponsored