‘21 JLUR “Build”—Newbie

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara, 2021 Unlimited Rubicon
We purchased a ‘21 JLU Sahara for my daughter last year and have been nothing but impressed. So much so that we decided to trade in my ‘16 Mercedes GLE 400 and order a ‘21 JLU Rubicon. The Mercedes is quick for an SUV but the Jeep will be more capable in the winter and more fun in the spring and summer, I’m sure of it. Ordered 1/19 and expected delivery date of 3/8 was just sent to me.

So this is a “build” thread, but my guess is that mods will happen fairly slowly (at least at first). I’ve taken a turn or two at some easy mods on my daughter’s including tail light guards, a stubby antenna, Hothead Headliner and an ESS memory module...as well as a fender flare rebuild and paint touch up already...ha. Seems very easy to work on and look forward to taking on some more projects with mine. Here’s my basic spec (photo :

-2.0L turbo
-Automatic trans
-Billet Silver Metallic
-Painted fender flares and hard top
-OWL off-road tires
-Standard wheels
-Cloth seats (will live with them for a while and may buy a set of Katzkins)
-8.4” UConnect and Premium Audio System
-Steel Bumper Group
-Cold Weather Group
-Safety Group
-Trailer Tow & HD Electrical
-Cargo tub liner
-Stainless steel sill guards
-All weather floor mats
-Remote start
-Remote proximity
-LED lighting group

As I said, will modify slowly...starting with stubby antenna, dead pedal, a couple KC Pro 6 lights mounted to the bumper, perhaps the Katzkins, the ESS memory module, an exhaust, stainless brake lines and larger rotors and calipers. Hoping to use this as a very capable fishing/camping vehicle so I’ll be doing my research on rod carriers (perhaps inside, perhaps rooftop) and tackle storage, and maybe a rooftop tent system.

Regardless, looking forward to the journey and happy to join the community. Jeep wave.

Jeep Wrangler JL ‘21 JLUR “Build”—Newbie 1612314624389
Sponsored

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Have fun! My '21 will be ordered tomorrow and parts are showing up for my build. Lots to paint, suspension to install, electronics to mess up. Can't wait for the trails to open in May

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
We purchased a ‘21 JLU Sahara for my daughter last year and have been nothing but impressed. So much so that we decided to trade in my ‘16 Mercedes GLE 400 and order a ‘21 JLU Rubicon. The Mercedes is quick for an SUV but the Jeep will be more capable in the winter and more fun in the spring and summer, I’m sure of it. Ordered 1/19 and expected delivery date of 3/8 was just sent to me.

So this is a “build” thread, but my guess is that mods will happen fairly slowly (at least at first). I’ve taken a turn or two at some easy mods on my daughter’s including tail light guards, a stubby antenna, Hothead Headliner and an ESS memory module...as well as a fender flare rebuild and paint touch up already...ha. Seems very easy to work on and look forward to taking on some more projects with mine. Here’s my basic spec (photo :

-2.0L turbo
-Automatic trans
-Billet Silver Metallic
-Painted fender flares and hard top
-OWL off-road tires
-Standard wheels
-Cloth seats (will live with them for a while and may buy a set of Katzkins)
-8.4” UConnect and Premium Audio System
-Steel Bumper Group
-Cold Weather Group
-Safety Group
-Trailer Tow & HD Electrical
-Cargo tub liner
-Stainless steel sill guards
-All weather floor mats
-Remote start
-Remote proximity
-LED lighting group

As I said, will modify slowly...starting with stubby antenna, dead pedal, a couple KC Pro 6 lights mounted to the bumper, perhaps the Katzkins, the ESS memory module, an exhaust, stainless brake lines and larger rotors and calipers. Hoping to use this as a very capable fishing/camping vehicle so I’ll be doing my research on rod carriers (perhaps inside, perhaps rooftop) and tackle storage, and maybe a rooftop tent system.

Regardless, looking forward to the journey and happy to join the community. Jeep wave.

Jeep Wrangler JL ‘21 JLUR “Build”—Newbie 1612314624389
Your adding larger brakes right outta the gate, pretty cool. I was thinking our new 2021 Rubicon was lacking in the braking department but thought I was being over critical on it.

OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your adding larger brakes right outta the gate, pretty cool. I was thinking our new 2021 Rubicon was lacking in the braking department but thought I was being over critical on it.
Yes! Though it may just be a reflex at this point...track guy and accordingly, it’s always the first thing I think about upgrading. I just figure “it can’t hurt.”

Sponsored

OP
OP

unionjack515

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trading in my 2019 AMG C43 for a JL Willys, just ordered on last Saturday lets do this.:rock:
Unfortunately, the GLE was my first (and likely last) Mercedes experience. It was just so uninspiring. If I want performance there are much better brands and it definitely wasn’t fun. The AMG stuff would certainly help take things to the next level; if I ever considered another Mercedes, it would be an AMG CAR. No more SUVs if theirs for sure. I’ll check out your posts/threads too; I’m sure we have plenty in common!

KAMIECON

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Have fun! My '21 will be ordered tomorrow and parts are showing up for my build. Lots to paint, suspension to install, electronics to mess up. Can't wait for the trails to open in May
your havanese looks just like mine

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Unfortunately, the GLE was my first (and likely last) Mercedes experience. It was just so uninspiring. If I want performance there are much better brands and it definitely wasn’t fun. The AMG stuff would certainly help take things to the next level; if I ever considered another Mercedes, it would be an AMG CAR. No more SUVs if theirs for sure. I’ll check out your posts/threads too; I’m sure we have plenty in common!
Honestly any AMG is an amazing experience. I've done the AMG driving academy and all. Truth be told, after driving a JL Sahara I was sold on the JL. Sure you're not ripping through gears, but it's a different kind of fun. I was hooked. #Jeepwave

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Yes! Though it may just be a reflex at this point...track guy and accordingly, it’s always the first thing I think about upgrading. I just figure “it can’t hurt.”
Yeah me too. Love track days. Once I do the lift and 35's I'll be adding brakes for sure.

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations!! Nice, Benz to Wrangler, that's a new one to me :like: