Sky Touch Durability

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I’ve seen several posts on sky one touch first impressions, however, I’m wondering how they are holding up for the masses. Yes, there are threads focusing on rattles and leaks, but folks with problems tend to respond. I’m curious about experiences of the majority.
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Mine is two years old, and did great in the four inches of rain we had in two days here in Cali! No trouble through the car wash either! I have it open all the time. Love it!

OP
OP

Jakemo

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Scott, you guys have been getting so much rain lately. Is the drought officially over? Have y'all heard any tales regarding the longevity of the one touch. I would expect it to last about as long as the warranty.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Scott, you guys have been getting so much rain lately. Is the drought officially over? Have y'all heard any tales regarding the longevity of the one touch. I would expect it to last about as long as the warranty.
Unfortunately Lake Cachuma which is our main water supply here in Santa Barbara didn't gain at all. The northern part of the state received much more.

I have more confidence on the longevity of the roof than you, but time will tell.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Had mine for two years. No issues. Love it. Getting it again when I upgrade to 4xe or 392 once there’s some track record of reliability.

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Had mine for two years. No issues. Love it. Getting it again when I upgrade to 4xe or 392 once there’s some track record of reliability.
Short timer with my sky one touch but it was one of the main reasons I traded in my 2018 JLUR for my 2021 JLUR. It’s awesome and can’t wait for spring and summer.

CPO Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, Black w/red
We have a 2021 Rubicon. 2 months old.
We had a rattle issue. I mean a rattle issue. Right above the passenger side seat, there was a rattle that we just could not find. It was driving me nuts!
Took it to the dealer and apparently this is a known issue and they had to install Mopar Anti Squeak Tape 5019054AA

There is no rattles anymore
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch Durability 1631825531842

Quinn99

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara, Chief Blue
We have a 2021 Rubicon. 2 months old.
We had a rattle issue. I mean a rattle issue. Right above the passenger side seat, there was a rattle that we just could not find. It was driving me nuts!
Took it to the dealer and apparently this is a known issue and they had to install Mopar Anti Squeak Tape 5019054AA

There is no rattles anymore
Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch Durability 1631825531842
I think I have the same issue—a clicking/tapping sound somewhere over the passenger’s head, driving me nuts. Where does this tape go? Could you post a picture? Apparently my dealer didn’t know about this known issue!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
I love the concept of Sky One Touch, and came very close to ordering it.

However, I take my rig on a lot of trails. Like, a lot. And durability was a concern.

Ultimately, I ordered the hardtop + Sunrider.

Sponsored

Punkindug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392
I think I have the same issue—a clicking/tapping sound somewhere over the passenger’s head, driving me nuts. Where does this tape go? Could you post a picture? Apparently my dealer didn’t know about this known issue!
Bump?

Quinn99

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara, Chief Blue
I don’t want to jinx it, but I think it’s gone now. It’s been two days so fingers crossed. I’ve tried a number of things I found on the forum or cooked up on my own. Most recently I sprayed some wd40 silicone lubricant in the gap between the white liner and rail on the inside, and between the roll bar and one top on the outside. I used a lot and had to stay on top of the drips. If it is the silicone that worked, it will probably come back, but at least I will know the source!

Pictures added. Silicone went in the red highlighted spaces. The tape looks pretty bad but was supposed to be temporary until I could figure out if it worked

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch Durability BA0FE0A7-9D24-4C7C-BCE1-B12677786F28

Jeep Wrangler JL Sky Touch Durability 8EF7370F-3392-4671-A0F6-9D6E14CDC04F
Sponsored

Last edited: