JLU rubicon suspension on sport

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
Thank you, my apologies for not posting the numbers but yes 60/61 & 90/91.
Sponsored

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have the springs, the shocks and ordered the LCA’s for the 2” lift to correct the castor angle.

Skystak

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 JL
i finally gave up on the "spring game" since i have now seen Rubi takeoffs that are exactly what i have on my 4 door sahara U. I have 57/58 and 89/90. At least 5 rubi take offs for sale are the same so i see no difference unless you really go to like a 62/63 ish type. So i just added a spacer. The reason is i added a steel bumper, complete toe hooks to pull it behind my RV and a Warn 10K. All added about 150 ish pounds and dropped the front 3/4". So i went through all of the above debate, read every thread. dont plan to do much but rock crawling and use the warn to pull the zero turn out of the lake when the DW gets "tto close I think".....did it all my self as a first timer, took me all day to add the spacers since i'm learning and went really slow....bottom line is what your expectations are and if you are going to big ass tires on, rock crawl etc.....if yes do a real lift. if not dont waste your time just do spacers.....

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i finally gave up on the "spring game" since i have now seen Rubi takeoffs that are exactly what i have on my 4 door sahara U. I have 57/58 and 89/90. At least 5 rubi take offs for sale are the same so i see no difference unless you really go to like a 62/63 ish type. So i just added a spacer. The reason is i added a steel bumper, complete toe hooks to pull it behind my RV and a Warn 10K. All added about 150 ish pounds and dropped the front 3/4". So i went through all of the above debate, read every thread. dont plan to do much but rock crawling and use the warn to pull the zero turn out of the lake when the DW gets "tto close I think".....did it all my self as a first timer, took me all day to add the spacers since i'm learning and went really slow....bottom line is what your expectations are and if you are going to big ass tires on, rock crawl etc.....if yes do a real lift. if not dont waste your time just do spacers.....
The big winners here are us with the 2 doors. If we are fortunate enough to grab takeoffs from JLU with steel bumpers, tow package, hardtop ect. Then we can expect 2+ inches of height from the Springs. The shocks will give us extra travel for flex. Add in 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch spacers for bumpers & winches & we have real contenders on the trail for a lot less. I’m completely happy with this budget boost.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The big winners here are us with the 2 doors. If we are fortunate enough to grab takeoffs from JLU with steel bumpers, tow package, hardtop ect. Then we can expect 2+ inches of height from the Springs. The shocks will give us extra travel for flex. Add in 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch spacers for bumpers & winches & we have real contenders on the trail for a lot less. I’m completely happy with this budget boost.
x2, my setup exactly^^^^ :)

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I know this is an older thread but just adding in my experience for people searching this topic in the future. Started with a '19 Sport and swapped in Rubicon springs, shocks, tires and wheels. Honestly I forgot to take actual measurements but visually it obviously lifted it a small amount as there is as much, or slightly more, tire clearance in the fenders even after the good bit bigger tires.
Stock setup
IMG_0138.JPG

Rubicon suspension and tires
IMG_0150.JPG
Sponsored