Sponsored

CONSUMER REPORTS and Gladiators and Wranglers.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Just an FYI for those of you who think CR hates Jeeps. In the most recent reliability data in the Jan 21 issue on page 54: The 2020 Gladiator was rated the number one most reliable vehicle of all makes and models including all Toyotas, Honda's, Mazda's, Subarus etc etc. That's according to member survey data not just CR. Rating a Much Better Then Average score. A chart is also shown.

Just imagine how big a deal that really is. A first year FCA product, with removable doors, roof, and folding windshield managing to beat out even a Camry or Accord in reliability. Even the Wrangler got a Better Then Average score for the first time. Read the bubble charts in the Auto issue on Newsstands. Enough knocking Jeep reliability. They are damn good!.
Sponsored

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
Would you share the link please?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

2nd the link

OP
OP
GGolds

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Would you share the link please?
Just look up CR Jan issue. Probably on line but I got it with my subscription. It's also on the Newsstand. Also, get , or read (Barnes and Noble) New Autos issue.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Just an FYI for those of you who think CR hates Jeeps. In the most recent reliability data in the Jan 21 issue on page 54: The 2020 Gladiator was rated the number one most reliable vehicle of all makes and models including all Toyotas, Honda's, Mazda's, Subarus etc etc. That's according to member survey data not just CR. Rating a Much Better Then Average score. A chart is also shown.

Just imagine how big a deal that really is. A first year FCA product, with removable doors, roof, and folding windshield managing to beat out even a Camry or Accord in reliability. Even the Wrangler got a Better Then Average score for the first time. Read the bubble charts in the Auto issue on Newsstands. Enough knocking Jeep reliability. They are damn good!.
I have not had a single issue with my 2019 JLUR in 40,000 miles. I did the clutch recall, which amounted to removing a clip that could wear through a hose, put a sleeve on the hose sans the clip and bleed the system. I also did the steering box TSB and that was a great update, although my steering didn't seem that bad until I drove the Jeep after the TSB.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Almost as good as JD Power...who paid the most to have the data skewed to their favor
That is not true; I worked at JD Power. That is a lie some disgruntled automakers spewed around to justify why they never won anything.

JD Power’s issue was that it sold the rights to advertised when an automaker won an award, creating the perception of conflict of interests. But having worked there, I can attest that their research is completely sound and independent.

Consumer Reports is a different beast; their research methodology is deeply flawed: they recommend their subscribers what to buy, and then survey them to find out how they like their vehicle. That creates a built-in bias in the results.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota and Honda must have quit paying CR for their glowing recommendations.
Toyota and Honda didn’t pay anything. The problem was that CR subscribers, under direct recommendation from CR, tended to be predominantly Honda and Toyota owners. So when CR sent out a survey to its subscribers, Toyota and Honda owners gave their own vehicles higher grades.

None of this is to say that Toyota and Honda didn’t make better vehicles; they did. Particularly 30 years ago. But CR’s methodology was still biased, and the resulting data was not representative of the overall market.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I understand what you’re saying and my remark was a little tongue in cheek.

Perhaps CR has some new talent. My perception of CR is that they appealed to the guy with a bad hair cut who watches DIY shows on PBS and whose idea of dressing is to put on a tweed jacket.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I understand what you’re saying and my remark was a little tongue in cheek.

Perhaps CR has some new talent. My perception of CR is that they appealed to the guy with a bad hair cut who watches DIY shows on PBS and whose idea of dressing is to put on a tweed jacket.
I watch PBS, but I have no hair left, and I refuse to buy CR... :LOL:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
interesting to hear about cr giving a good review on the gladiator. tbh, i never like cr because of the reviews on a lot of things. i'll go with motor trend reviews, be cause for the most part they do know what to expect when review a vehicle. however, motor trend does lack a bit in the trucks and 4x4 side of things. i love the truck trend magazine because the were pretty good on their reviews. on another note. anything 4x4 related for reviews, i'll look for them in the four wheeler / off road magazines.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal