Sponsored

2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick...

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Human nature is an amazing thing and how we take things for granted. I remember last fall when the weather was still nice, after pulling my doors and opening the roof all spring and summer, thinking ah I’m just going to the supermarket, I’m not gonna pull the doors. I skipped it a few times. Tomorrow’s Feb 1st. 2 months to nice weather. I wanna open my Jeep like a baby wants it’s bottle.
Have any of you folks in cold weather areas done the same thing?
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I feel you bro! It's zero here in Maine with one to two feet of snow forecast beginning tomorrow. Spring seems a long way away.

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
As I write, it's 42° here and my Jeep has been at the dealership for 2 weeks for the steering gear replacement. I'm sure it's a lot colder for some of you but for some reason this winter has felt different than any other year for me, I've never really liked the winter time but already it seems like forever since I got to go Jeepin without the top/doors and I still have so much longer to wait (even though it'll probably fly by). I just want warm days again and my Jeep back! 😫

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I feel for you guys in the cold. It's been since I was a kid that I lived in snow country, in MT.

While California is pretty f#@!<ed up, it has some of the best weather in the nation. Winter in southern California is a great time for the deserts here.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Human nature is an amazing thing and how we take things for granted. I remember last fall when the weather was still nice, after pulling my doors and opening the roof all spring and summer, thinking ah I’m just going to the supermarket, I’m not gonna pull the doors. I skipped it a few times. Tomorrow’s Feb 1st. 2 months to nice weather. I wanna open my Jeep like a baby wants it’s bottle.
Have any of you folks in cold weather areas done the same thing?
Winter doesn’t really matter to me. I’m topless at least once a week if not multiple times a day all year long.

Was 25F today and snowing
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 767F0028-1759-4D95-894D-4D9AAE8CF925

Sponsored

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
We are in Northern California and are already missing summer and riding around in the Jeep up at the cabin! Sierra snow can be the worst this time of year.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... Johnsville 2018 Before and After!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We are having some of the most miserable weather at the moment: too dark, damp and cold for most humans, but not cold enough for fresh snow.

Took the Jeep out yesterday. Encountered rain, mud and leftover snow, but still managed to capture some beautiful vistas.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612161670665

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 4FC484CE-E43A-4909-802A-E52B2438C51B

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
^^^i love the white wheels.

shortly after purchasing my (hardtop) 2021 JLUR in December, I went out and bought a premium soft top. I cannot wait to put it on the Jeep.

hurry up warm weather

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Winter doesn’t really matter to me. I’m topless at least once a week if not multiple times a day all year long.

Was 25F today and snowing
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 4FC484CE-E43A-4909-802A-E52B2438C51B
God bless you. The cold’s not for me though.
One thing made me chuckle in your video. I get the sense your wife doesn’t like the top open at 25 degrees as much as you. She was bundled up like Kenny in South Park.
Mine also hates the open top. Even if it’s 75 degrees. After 70 degrees she gets overruled. I’ve learned to make her bring a light jacket and keep hair scrunchy things that they use in the glove compartment.

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
After many years of dealing with many Iowa winters I have grown to hate winter! It used to drag on for soooo long. Now that I'm older it seems to fly by and that kinda scares me, lol. In a few more years I hope to spend my winters with no doors or top in Arizona, I've seen enough snow I sure as hell won't miss it!!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I feel for you guys in the cold. It's been since I was a kid that I lived in snow country, in MT.

While California is pretty f#@!<ed up, it has some of the best weather in the nation. Winter in southern California is a great time for the deserts here.
We have camped in the desert every president's day weekend for years. Joshua tree, the Mohave road, exploring old mine sites throughout the mojave national preserve. Only 1 night in the last 6 years did a cold storm blow in and we had a bit of snow. Otherwise it's tee shirt weather during the day and sweatshirt weather at night. This year we are trying further north, outside of Vegas. I've been through the desert in the summer, and camping in 110⁰+ heat is a hard no for me.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Winter..... some of this

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612183881467

Don't get me wrong, love some winter wheeling, snow is great because it mostly cleans itself on the way home. I'm also well beyond my 20's, feeling like I had to prove myself to anyone including myself. I'll be snow wheeling in the jlur with the top on, seat heaters and steering wheel heater on. Sure, I could drive an open top flatty through the woods and dig a snow cave to spend the night in like we did in our youth, but why?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
We have camped in the desert every president's day weekend for years. Joshua tree, the Mohave road, exploring old mine sites throughout the mojave national preserve. Only 1 night in the last 6 years did a cold storm blow in and we had a bit of snow. Otherwise it's tee shirt weather during the day and sweatshirt weather at night. This year we are trying further north, outside of Vegas. I've been through the desert in the summer, and camping in 110⁰+ heat is a hard no for me.
If you're familiar with the Mojave Trail, then you may have been by my friend's old cabin on the trail halfway between Basin and Razor. We started going there 40 years ago with dirt bikes and buggies, then later with horses. He sold it about 10 years ago. I've riden the Mojave trail on horseback from Newberry Springs to Fort Mojave at the Colorado river a couple times. I've flown that area and landed many times at the strip at the Razor Rd gas station that a friend owned. In fact, it was my flying that got him into planes. So, that part of the Mojave is very familiar.

We did some horseback exploring to mines on Avawitz Mtn , north of Baker as well as south of Ludlow in mines around the Bagdad-Chase mine. Around Shoshone and Tecopa there are a bunch of fascinating old subterrainian hillside mud dwellings from old miners.

A rainy winter day when the sand is wet in the Mojave is a hoot on a dirt bike or horse. I imagine a Jeep too.
Sponsored