Oracle Oculus Bi-Led foggy lenses

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I purchased a set of Oculus Bi-Led headlights during a Christmas sale. I finally got around to installing them today. I rode around this evening and when I got home tonight, I noticed fog on the inside of both headlights. Any fix for this? Did I get a bad pair?

IMG_20210130_194744.jpg

IMG_20210130_194734.jpg
Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Where did you place them before install? And how cold is it now where they are? I had fog for a day, it’s normal. They will most likely be good in a day or two. And also I installed mine in the spring when it was 50 or so outside.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Oracle is having lots of issues.....

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
This is normal. I think they even say it in their instructions.

they are built in LA, where it’s rather humid. Give it a few days and it should dissipate.

OP
OP
Caleb75

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Where did you place them before install? And how cold is it now where they are? I had fog for a day, it’s normal. They will most likely be good in a day or two. And also I installed mine in the spring when it was 50 or so outside.
They were stored in the house until installed. It was around 45 degrees today during install and in the 30's tonight. I drove the Jeep for about 45 minutes tonight and came home to find the fog. There was no fog on the lenses earlier today but it was still daylight and only the halo ring was on.

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They were stored in the house until installed. It was around 45 degrees today during install and in the 30's tonight. I drove the Jeep for about 45 minutes tonight and came home to find the fog. There was no fog on the lenses earlier today but it was still daylight and only the halo ring was on.
Mine fogged once and it is normal. Haven’t seen it since. You should be good to go.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Yeah it will go away with time. I avoided this by acclimating my set - as soon as I got them I pulled them out of the box and let them sit in open air, in my house, for four days. I never saw any fog.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I purchased a set of Oculus Bi-Led headlights during a Christmas sale. I finally got around to installing them today. I rode around this evening and when I got home tonight, I noticed fog on the inside of both headlights. Any fix for this? Did I get a bad pair?
The heat from the LED projector and the air recirculation system inside the light will cause this to happen the first second time you use the lights. After that you should be fine :)

Oracle is having lots of issues.....
Hmmm, care to elaborate here?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
The heat from the LED projector and the air recirculation system inside the light will cause this to happen the first second time you use the lights. After that you should be fine :)

Just an observation. It seems like a lot of people are having issues with your products as of late. Wondering if you changed something in your design or production processes? If it’s not an issue, then disregard.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just an observation. It seems like a lot of people are having issues with your products as of late. Wondering if you changed something in your design or production processes? If it’s not an issue, then disregard.
Well this posted thread is not an issue, it is a normal thing that happens when the headlamps are acclimating to the temps they are introduced to.

The only other complaint I have seen is a member who felt his halos were too ‘blue’ but that’s a preference issue not a product issue.

And some questions relating to the new rear bumper led inserts the company just designed, but these are new beta and overall the complaints have been more aimed at ease of install rather than product issues.

Overall I think Oculus is doing fine for aftermarket replacement parts for Wranglers.

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military

Hold my beer @ORACLElights. I got this.
So, there's this guy that hangs out at my local gas station. He says that his brother told him that he heard from the internet that there was this one guy that might have had some issues with his lights fogging up. He didn't say what brand they were, but they could have been these.
There, that should clear up the "internet forum facts". 😁

Pemberton325

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys
I installed mine a couple months ago and still get fogging. I emailed Oracle and they said it is normal for the fist couple months....🤷

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
It is totally normal for a slight fog to form the first few times you turn on the lights. After the lights are on for a few minutes, the fog should begin to dissipate. It’s humid here in New Orleans where the lights originate, that ambient air will vaporize in cooler and less humid environments and can become visible. The lights have 3 vents in each light, and the fog dissipates quickly.

Last edited:

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Ok let me clear up some misconceptions about headlamp fog. This is not specific to Oracle's products...just headlights in general.

There is air space in any headlamp, it is not a vacuum. That air is subject to humidity exactly like the outside air, except it's trapped inside the headlight. Moisture can seep in over time and get stuck in there, and any time the air inside the headlight is warmer and more humid than the air outside the headlight, you are going to get fog on the lense. Decades ago, manufacturers started putting vents in headlamps to allow them to "breathe". The idea behind this obviously is to allow warm humid air to escape to the cooler drier air outside. The problem is - how do you make a vent that's not mechanical (and therefore not something that needs maintenance) and allows air out but not in? They haven't really figured this out yet. Newer aperiodic vents are much better, but they work very slowly. Thus, if a headlamp sits in warm humid air for many days, and then is subject to cooler, drier air, it's going to fog until the humid air is able to seep out through the vent. This will happen with any headlamp, at any age, on any vehicle. It's just physics.

It seems like many people seem to think that headlamp fog is a defect. It's not, unless it progresses to actual water droplets...that's a problem. But is a normal part of life with headlights, especially if you live in humid climates.
Sponsored