Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
80 in a 75 is not jeopardizing anyone’s safety. Apparently you’ve never spent any time driving on I70 through western Kansas/eastern Colorado. 80 is generally the minimum except for motor homes and elderly drivers.... Even Prius drivers run 80mph.
Even 80 in a 65 isn't jeopardizing much if you're keeping up with traffic and just cruising! Weaving in and out is a different story!
Sponsored

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Probably 85, but the first time I got it going that fast, it was a little squirrely. I was merging onto the interstate with tons of construction and tiny lanes. Anyone in SC who's driven on 85 the past decade can attest to that.

Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
How long was that truck? It takes a couple miles to climb from 90 to 100... just sayin 😜
I must have had the wind at my back! I do have the 2.0. Once it down shift the turbo really kicks in! Might have only been a mile and a half!

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Here's 90mph on an old retired NASCAR track that my friend owns. I came out of the turn about 80 and hit 90 on the straight and then backed off. It's lifted on 35's so it was a little scary lol.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Here's 90mph on an old retired NASCAR track that my friend owns. I came out of the turn about 80 and hit 90 on the straight and then backed off. It's lifted on 35's so it was a little scary lol.

What exhaust do you have on your JL ? it sounds a lot like mine I'm running the flowmaster straight pipe where you delete the muffler and then run the pipe straight out the back. I love the way mine sound it sounds just like yours. What are you running for the exhaust? And what speedway are you at?

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What exhaust do you have on your JL ? it sounds a lot like mine I'm running the flowmaster straight pipe where you delete the muffler and then run the pipe straight out the back. I love the way mine sound it sounds just like yours. What are you running for the exhaust? And what speedway are you at?
That’s just the stock exhaust on the V6. I think the exhaust sounds better in the video than it does in person. It could make a difference that the guy filming is in the back seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

The track is Rockingham Speedway aka The Rock

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
That’s just the stock exhaust on the V6. I think the exhaust sounds better in the video than it does in person. It could make a difference that the guy filming is in the back seat 🤷🏻‍♂️

The track is Rockingham Speedway aka The Rock
Yeah I have noticed it did sound different in video versus in person. mine's not too loud but I mean a good deep tone without the muffler and the straight pipe coming through. $99 and it sounds better I think than people that spent $900 on exhaust. I saw on YouTube where people were doing it and that guy Eddie that has that YouTube channel way of life he did it on his JL and it sounded really good that's why I bought it 99 bucks take the muffler off. now I don't have to worry about the muffler hitting rocks when I'm off roading and the pipe comes straight out so the exhaust doesn't come underneath the cab it comes straight out. it sounds wonderful better than most people spend $900 on their exhaust. it's impossible to get that V8 sound deep tone on a v6 but it sounds pretty good. I live about 10 minutes from Texas motor speedway and until the virus hit you can go out there on Friday nights and drag race which a lot of cars do or drive your car on the track on the lower level

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I stay in the mid 70’s. Here in NY state there’s a ton of troopers. My insurance is expensive enough.
My biggest fear though is deer. If one of you guys doing 100 hit a deer it’s gonna be ugly. Not just for the deer.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I stay in the mid 70’s. Here in NY state there’s a ton of troopers. My insurance is expensive enough.
My biggest fear though is deer. If one of you guys doing 100 hit a deer it’s gonna be ugly. Not just for the deer.
Yep. We have lots of deer in Texas where I live all over the roads you're right it would be very dangerous.. if you get a ticket and a hundred they can take you to jail immediately if they want to in Texas and your insurance would be so expensive most people would drop you not accept you if you were doing a hundred.there'll be no reason or excuse to go that fast and they would not want to ensure you they would drop you when it came time for renewal. And it would be hard to find somebody to ensure you your premiums would double my sister sells Allstate I guarantee they would double she's seen it happen before she said one ticket that fast is a bad hickey on your record for a long time it's coated something when you're going that fast she said

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I thought USA Jeeps had a speed limiter at 96/97mph? Yet I’m seeing many >100mph claims. Interesting. Are those members from Europe?
Sponsored