Sponsored

2021 JLU Oil Pan / Transmission Skid Plate Availability

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
It seems the mounting points have changed on the 2021s. I have a JLUR with the 3.6L that now is standard with the eTorque option. So far M.O.R.E, EVO, Quadratec, Rockhard, and Artec all haven’t updated theirs yet.

Anyone know of some one that has? I really don’t need the whole belly pan but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.
Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
The e-Torque was still an option when ordering the 2021 jlur. Mine does not have eTorque and has regular alternator (no BSG). Did other things change to the mounting points across all jlurs, or only those with the eTorque option?

It seems the mounting points have changed on the 2021s. I have a JLUR with the 3.6L that now is standard with the eTorque option. So far M.O.R.E, EVO, Quadratec, Rockhard, and Artec all haven’t updated theirs yet.

Anyone know of some one that has? I really don’t need the whole belly pan but I guess beggars can’t be choosers.

OP
OP

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The e-Torque was still an option when ordering the 2021 jlur. Mine does not have eTorque and has regular alternator (no BSG). Did other things change to the mounting points across all jlurs, or only those with the eTorque option?
I was told the mounting points for transmission skids have changed across the board.

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I spoke with Artec today and they expect to have their 2021 skids ready around Easter. They added that the engine mounts changed position and was an easy fix however they had two additional skid projects in front of it, 2 door and diesel IIRC.

I’ll be in the market for skids in March, hope something is available by then!

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Thanks! I spoke with Quadratec today and let them know about the new engine mount positions, and they are looking into it.

I spoke with Artec today and they expect to have their 2021 skids ready around Easter. They added that the engine mounts changed position and was an easy fix however they had two additional skid projects in front of it, 2 door and diesel IIRC.

I’ll be in the market for skids in March, hope something is available by then!

Sponsored

OP
OP

LostAggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I spoke with Quadratec today and let them know about the new engine mount positions, and they are looking into it.
I asked @Quadratec and they were were clueless both through online chat and phone. I would order right now if they had for 2021 3.6L with eTorque. Any feedback for us?

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
When I called them they were not aware of the change in engine mounts - they knew the other engine types had different mounts (etorque, 2.0, etc), but not that the 2021 3.6L gas engine had changed from previous years. I sent them a photo and some info about the new mounts, and they are looking into it. They said hopefully early next week they should have feedback.

I asked @Quadratec and they were were clueless both through online chat and phone. I would order right now if they had for 2021 3.6L with eTorque. Any feedback for us?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Ohhh! That means 2-door before Easter!

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hey @ASFIR4X4 any idea if your existing transmission/engine skid will fit with these changes?

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Well I bought a set of Rough Country Skid plates from them and on their site it said 2018 to 2021 and now that I have tossed the boxes and tried to install it’s a no go! they never updated their web site. Trying to send them back but what a freaking hassle

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well I bought a set of Rough Country Skid plates from them and on their site it said 2018 to 2021 and now that I have tossed the boxes and tried to install it’s a no go! they never updated their web site. Trying to send them back but what a freaking hassle
bummer, thanks for sharing

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Willing to bet anyone (like me) not wanting to wait till next Fall won't be getting skids under a grand. I had already eyed Artec, betting that's where I end up.

I also like that you gain clearance with them. That's a win, especially over some cheap ones where you lose a little.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR