Sponsored

Hotheads For Sky One Touch

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I just installed Mark’s latest offering, the Hothead SkyOne Touch headliner and all I can say is wow! Installation was a breeze. In my excitement to get it installed, I thought it strange that there were no instructions. I’ve put his other products on before, so I winged it. After completion, I checked my email and there was a video of how to install them. I got it mostly right, except I put the front Velcro strip on the metal support instead of the plastic. Explained the gap around the front that I thought was unchacteristic for Hotheads...duh. Did it right on the back though.

All I can hear now is the drone from my MT’s and the beautiful clatter from my 3.0. Wind noise is negligible at highway speed and I can use my Bluetooth for phone conversations. It looks great open or closed. FCA or whatever they are these days, should have finished this top off like this from the factory given the steep price. Even if they did, however, I doubt it would have been done as well as Hotheads did it. Thank you Mark and Hotheads. I look forward to seeing how it improves comfort in the cabin during the dog days of summer here in AZ.

I paid full retail for this product and have no ties or relationship tho Hothead.
Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Awesome - thanks for the review. Just ordered one for my top as well!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
This is exciting; thanks! I'd love to reduce the overhead wind noise if possible.

Looking forward to hear what @MrBell and @Quick think as well!

Deleted member 53226

I just installed Mark’s latest offering, the Hothead SkyOne Touch headliner and all I can say is wow! Installation was a breeze. In my excitement to get it installed, I thought it strange that there were no instructions. I’ve put his other products on before, so I winged it. After completion, I checked my email and there was a video of how to install them. I got it mostly right, except I put the front Velcro strip on the metal support instead of the plastic. Explained the gap around the front that I thought was unchacteristic for Hotheads...duh. Did it right on the back though.

All I can hear now is the drone from my MT’s and the beautiful clatter from my 3.0. Wind noise is negligible at highway speed and I can use my Bluetooth for phone conversations. It looks great open or closed. FCA or whatever they are these days, should have finished this top off like this from the factory given the steep price. Even if they did, however, I doubt it would have been done as well as Hotheads did it. Thank you Mark and Hotheads. I look forward to seeing how it improves comfort in the cabin during the dog days of summer here in AZ.

I paid full retail for this product and have no ties or relationship tho Hothead.
Quick question for you, does it make somewhat of a "velcro noise" when the liner get crumpled up and then stretched again on open/closing? I ask because on the install video I thought I heard that type of noise and was wondering if that was maybe just the first time it gets settled in, or everytime it opens/closes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCCinAZ

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Quick question for you, does it make somewhat of a "velcro noise" when the liner get crumpled up and then stretched again on open/closing? I ask because on the install video I thought I heard that type of noise and was wondering if that was maybe just the first time it gets settled in, or everytime it opens/closes.
I haven’t noticed any crinkling sound. It is as if it belonged there.

Deleted member 53226

I haven’t noticed any crinkling sound. It is as if it belonged there.
Thanks for that.

Doesn't it make you wonder why FCA, in its infinite wisdom, never did this? You would think thet would have at least come out with the exact same thing, branded Mopar of course, and sold it for $600 (because . . . Mopar).

I guess cost cutting on the part of FCA, or they didn't think of it. Can't see an engineering reason for not doing it since it doesn't seem thick enough to stress the motor.

OP
OP
FCCinAZ

FCCinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Thanks for that.

Doesn't it make you wonder why FCA, in its infinite wisdom, never did this? You would think thet would have at least come out with the exact same thing, branded Mopar of course, and sold it for $600 (because . . . Mopar).

I guess cost cutting on the part of FCA, or they didn't think of it. Can't see an engineering reason for not doing it since it doesn't seem thick enough to stress the motor.
I’ve given up on trying to understand what MOPAR, a one time American company with legendary innovation and quality, does. On the flip side, their oversights allow the emergence of American small businesses to fill the void. At the end of the day, I prefer to give my money to American small businesses dedicated to quality, service and innovation over a faceless international conglomerate any day. We just have to wait a little longer.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
What color did you get? I'm waiting to purchase mine but I would love to see the color options installed first before I do. I don't know which color to order and I have $259.00 burning a hole in my pocket today.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
@FCCinAZ Any chance you could post the instructions or give some details of how it attaches? I could not find anything on the hotheads website. Thanks!

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
There’s videos on the other thread

Mike S.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I'd love to see side view and outside view pics as well. Could this be something that can be added and removed easily, or is it intended to be placed once and left there?

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
Installed my Hothead liner this morning. Process could not have been more simple. If you can crack and peel a sticker you can install this. It took me about 20 minutes. The interior is definitely quieter now, which was my goal. Overall I’m very satisfied. Highly recommended.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hotheads For Sky One Touch 6BD014A3-DCC8-4085-B345-F2E00461BF15
Sponsored