Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny,
Do you happen to know what kind of install issue it would be? This was done by the dealers “master technician”. Also, what do you mean by a faulty component, the brake controller or something in the Jeep itself?
The dealership is looking into this with Jeep so hopefully they get answer from them as well.
Thanks for all your help!!

-Mike
Hi Mike,
If the installer is confident it was done correctly I would push the dealer to warranty the controller, This would be the component mopar was referring to.

- Benny
Sponsored

cchambers74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Benny,
Hey was wondering if you happen to have the part numbers for front, left and right high top Rubi fenders of the paintable variety.. also do those come with the DRLs already installed or can you get them without.. Don't need the liners or the rears. Thanks for your help

Cody

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny,
Hey was wondering if you happen to have the part numbers for front, left and right high top Rubi fenders of the paintable variety.. also do those come with the DRLs already installed or can you get them without.. Don't need the liners or the rears. Thanks for your help

Cody
Hi Cody,
They do include the lamps and are part #'s 6CE83TZZAH and 6CE82TZZAH

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

cchambers74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome thanks buddy appreciate it, do you guys happen to have those in stock, I need the LED version, also are any of the plastic support brackets needed to be ordered separately.. you guys doing any after New Years specials by chance..

Cody

Hi Cody,
They do include the lamps and are part #'s 6CE83TZZAH and 6CE82TZZAH

Thanks,
-Benny

Sponsored

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Awesome thanks buddy appreciate it, do you guys happen to have those in stock, I need the LED version, also are any of the plastic support brackets needed to be ordered separately.. you guys doing any after New Years specials by chance..

Cody
Hi Cody,

Not in stock but take about 10 days to obtain and ship out. You will need the inners if you are performing an upgrade 68299171AB & 68299170AB . These are LED and include the lamps. I will send you a code you can use.

- Benny

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi Mike,
If the installer is confident it was done correctly I would push the dealer to warranty the controller, This would be the component mopar was referring to.

- Benny
Hi Benny,
I had to contact the dealer today due to them not getting back to me. Service advisor stated he heard back from his Mopar rep ( says only one in New England) who supposedly advised him this is normal when trailer is not attached. Based on my readings of these forums that is not true and doesn’t make sense to me. I do plan to test it out this weekend and see.
When I asked for it in writing from him and Mopar rep, he stated he would have to contact rep again who was now supposedly on vacation. Who knows if he actually contacted him.
My question to you, Any chance you can provide me with any documentation from Mopar stating that these issues are not normal with or without the trailer attached?
I did contact Jeep Customer Assistance Center and put in a complaint which stated they would get back to me later today. Again, any help would be very much appreciated! It seems I know have to prove to the dealership that these service messages should not be happening.

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny,
I had to contact the dealer today due to them not getting back to me. Service advisor stated he heard back from his Mopar rep ( says only one in New England) who supposedly advised him this is normal when trailer is not attached. Based on my readings of these forums that is not true and doesn’t make sense to me. I do plan to test it out this weekend and see.
When I asked for it in writing from him and Mopar rep, he stated he would have to contact rep again who was now supposedly on vacation. Who knows if he actually contacted him.
My question to you, Any chance you can provide me with any documentation from Mopar stating that these issues are not normal with or without the trailer attached?
I did contact Jeep Customer Assistance Center and put in a complaint which stated they would get back to me later today. Again, any help would be very much appreciated! It seems I know have to prove to the dealership that these service messages should not be happening.
Hi,
No I do not see any such document or bulletin. I am curious to what Jeep will say but would bet it's not designed this way as it causes unsafe situations.

- Benny

Bushfam5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hi Benny. I am installing a Rubi suspension onto my Sport and want to order the longer front lower arms. They are maybe $30/ea but the shipping is like $40+ to get to Las Vegas. Any way to ship for less?

Thanks

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny. I am installing a Rubi suspension onto my Sport and want to order the longer front lower arms. They are maybe $30/ea but the shipping is like $40+ to get to Las Vegas. Any way to ship for less?

Thanks
Hi Jeff,
PM sent
- Benny

Sponsored

troubledog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
Hi Benny, thanks again for all the help you provide. Also a new owner here (JLRUD) and I realized this past weekend that the little torx head tool that you have to have to remove the spare tire camera (in order to get the spare tire off), is not included in my jeep. Which leaves me confused. In order to remove the spare tire, you have to remove the rear camera, and to remove the camera you need that torx tool. At least that is what the manual says.

I called my dealer (River Oaks in Houston) and the gentleman said that he didn't think those tools were included with the toolkit, contrary to what the manual says.

I must be misunderstanding something. If Jeep doesn't include the tool, and you have to have it to remove the spare, you're just out of luck? Unless you don't actually need it to get the spare off.

Confused! any help you could give would be appreciated

Dave in Houston

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Benny, thanks again for all the help you provide. Also a new owner here (JLRUD) and I realized this past weekend that the little torx head tool that you have to have to remove the spare tire camera (in order to get the spare tire off), is not included in my jeep. Which leaves me confused. In order to remove the spare tire, you have to remove the rear camera, and to remove the camera you need that torx tool. At least that is what the manual says.

I called my dealer (River Oaks in Houston) and the gentleman said that he didn't think those tools were included with the toolkit, contrary to what the manual says.

I must be misunderstanding something. If Jeep doesn't include the tool, and you have to have it to remove the spare, you're just out of luck? Unless you don't actually need it to get the spare off.

Confused! any help you could give would be appreciated

Dave in Houston
Hi Dave,
From my research the tool kit is the same one used for the doors and camera. The part # is 68361574AC and if you look closely you can see the back camera referenced in a diagram

Jeep Wrangler JL How Can We Help? 1612307392825

Jeep Wrangler JL How Can We Help? 1612307409003

Thanks,
-Benny

troubledog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon diesel
Thanks Benny. Where is that toolkit supposed to be?

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It should be located under the rear cargo floor, I personally do not own a JL but this is what I have read from research.

- Benny