Sponsored

Ebay Rubi Steel Bumper (not a knock-off) pretty legit!

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
I like the DV8 bumper, wonder if anyone has it
Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I checked into it, 2 people said I will not fit a 2021
Hmm... 🤔 I've got my steel bumper from eBay just like that one and had no issues installing it on 2021 JLUR. I am also not aware of any body frame changes between 2020 and 2021 that may impact the fitment. Unless this bumper is fabricated differently by different factories.

Vandy23

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JlU Sahara
Wondering the same thing about the DV8

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
I w
Hmm... 🤔 I've got my steel bumper from eBay just like that one and had no issues installing it on 2021 JLUR. I am also not aware of any body frame changes between 2020 and 2021 that may impact the fitment. Unless this bumper is fabricated differently by different factories.
Ond
Interesting, I'm sure it's the same bumper we all are talking about

Sponsored

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
I had asked 2 different sellers on ebay asking if it would fit a 2021, both said no.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
The MP Concepts is the "internal brand" of Extreme Terrain - whatever that means. The bumper is also made in China. To me they both looked like a clean implementation of OEM steel bumper. I think the choice is mostly between aluminum and steel as the material. The 12 lbs stubby weight difference was not really a factor in my choice.
I'm not bumper connoisseur... What was your thought process between the two build materials and their use in real world application

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
finallygot around to installing the rear on mine over weekend. FYI it is a much bigger job than the front and I was not anticipating that at all. The backup sensors seem to work fine, and I used the plastic bezels that came with the bumper with a dab of glue to hold them tightly in place. Turned out great. Downside is the metal is not perfectly straight on the top side so if you look close enough you can see some minor variations.I got more than I paid for on the front bumper, got exactly what I paid for on the rear. Also I couldnt get the leds to light up so those are just unkhooked, then again the stocker did not light up either so eh, no biggie.
I'm confused about this knock off rear bumper. Has anyone installed it with zero issues?

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I'm not bumper connoisseur... What was your thought process between the two build materials and their use in real world application
For me this was easy. The "MP Concepts" one has been on back order forever at the time (Q4 2020). They kept giving new ETA dates, but could not meet them. I've also read some concerns regarding protection of the aluminum vs steel in case of impact. So, I went ahead and purchased the steel version which came with a grille guard bar that I wanted and was $300 cheaper than the aluminum version from MP Concepts.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I want to purchase the front and rear set but want to make sure of the rear bumper fitment or issues.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I really want to purchase this bumper, I mean the savings!. OEM with winch bar is $1000 minimum. Compared to $436. I'm just afraid of the quality here, finish/rust especially. I guess I could always have this powder coated but with all this work and not plug n play like OEM and by the time I remove and get it powder coated, in my experience every single time I tried to save money it winds up costing me more time and money.

I’ve decided to purchase OEM. I think I’m going with BAM as this was best price I have seen.

Last edited:

vitmike63

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door rubicon
I really want to purchase this bumper, I mean the savings!. OEM with winch bar is $1000 minimum. Compared to $436. I'm just afraid of the quality here, finish/rust especially. I guess I could always have this powder coated but with all this work and not plug n play like OEM and by the time I remove and get it powder coated, in my experience every single time I tried to save money it winds up costing me more time and money.

I’ve decided to purchase OEM. I think I’m going with BAM as this was best price I have seen.
Bam

Bam does have the best prices, I'm probably going to get the OEM also

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

What about this skid plate for $112.89? https://www.bamwholesaleparts.com/o...-and-gladiator-jt-skid-plate-steel-68293984ab. I am not sure what the difference is and whether it's going to work with this eBay bumper as well.

Edit: Never mind. Finally found the difference described on https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-bumper-skid-plate-jl-steel-front-bumper-68293984AB:

This replacement steel plate is an exact replacement that will require the use of the original hardware for installation, If you are installing this plate new and would like a kit with the brackets and installation hardware please see #82215183AB.​
Sponsored

Last edited: