Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any thoughts on a true 2" spring lift for a Two door Rubi?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any thoughts on a true 2" spring lift for a Two door Rubi?
1.5-2" coils for the JL are officially in production and we should have more info available in the coming months for you guys :)

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
1.5-2" coils for the JL are officially in production and we should have more info available in the coming months for you guys :)
Diesel version? So will your control arms still work or will they be too long for the lower lift? I was about to pull the trigger on your 2.5" Overland kit until I saw this. Now I'm undecided again!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Diesel version? So will your control arms still work or will they be too long for the lower lift? I was about to pull the trigger on your 2.5" Overland kit until I saw this. Now I'm undecided again!
Nope control arms and everything else would still be exactly the same as they are adjustable and even adjust to slightly below factory lengths! So if you went with a 2.5" now you would only need to change springs if going to the new 1.5" kit down the line. Not sure on an exact time frame this will be released but we're hoping by Summertime! And a Diesel option will also be available just like in our current sizes!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Nope control arms and everything else would still be exactly the same as they are adjustable and even adjust to slightly below factory lengths! So if you went with a 2.5" now you would only need to change springs if going to the new 1.5" kit down the line. Not sure on an exact time frame this will be released but we're hoping by Summertime! And a Diesel option will also be available just like in our current sizes!
Count me in on the first set!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Sold! We will most likely put a pre-order up at some point when the date gets closer!
I had the Rusty’s 2” springs in my cart debating on pulling the trigger for a while now. Since I have all your suspension on the Jeep I will hold out to add your springs! 😎

CenTX JPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 05 TJR 6spd
Interested and following. Will they be only for 2dr, or 4dr as well? Will they be corner specific to correct the lean?

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Interested and following. Will they be only for 2dr, or 4dr as well? Will they be corner specific to correct the lean?
2 and 4 door, and yes will be corner specific just like our other sizes :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For the 2.5" Lift DIESEL Springs
Are they Dual rate springs for FRONT AND REAR?
It's going to be the same as our other sizes with dual-rate coils in the rear and linear in the front!

OP
OP
Clayton Off Road

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
ANy reasoning behind why Front is linear and not dual rate?
The main reason for using dual or triple rate coils is to prevent the coil from unseating when the vehicle is being flexed out. Multi-rate coils are great, but you're not gaining anything in ride quality when going from a linear to a dual or triple rate coil, ride quality is primarily a matter of shocks and the suspension system as a whole being able to move freely and adjust so nothing is being bound up. Linear coils also last longer and are less prone to any rust and corrosion issues since there are no parts of the springs rubbing against one another and causing wear issues. Like I said multi-rate coils are great and we use them where we see fit, but for the most part they have been falsely advertised in this industry as the only viable coil option available. Hopefully that makes sense, sorry if it's too much explanation!

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
The main reason for using dual or triple rate coils is to prevent the coil from unseating when the vehicle is being flexed out. Multi-rate coils are great, but you're not gaining anything in ride quality when going from a linear to a dual or triple rate coil, ride quality is primarily a matter of shocks and the suspension system as a whole being able to move freely and adjust so nothing is being bound up. Linear coils also last longer and are less prone to any rust and corrosion issues since there are no parts of the springs rubbing against one another and causing wear issues. Like I said multi-rate coils are great and we use them where we see fit, but for the most part they have been falsely advertised in this industry as the only viable coil option available. Hopefully that makes sense, sorry if it's too much explanation!
Trying to get people to understand that springs don’t do much more than set ride height is like pulling teeth.
Sponsored