Jeep Wave Double Standard

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
It depends where you live. Here in Colorado, if i waved at every stock wrangler my fingers would fall off.
I believe it's this. It's like trying to wave to other motorcycles and then you get to Dayton Bike Week. You don't wave anymore then.
Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Turn off the UCunnect stealth setting.

Reactions: VNT

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
So I'm noticing a definite double standard in the waves when driving my 2 JLs. My punkin Jeep is pretty well modified with Wheels, 35" tires, 2.5 lift and Halo headlights. When I drive this my hand gets tired due to the amount of waves I get, and not wanting to leave anyone out. People go out of their way to overtly wave when I'm in this thing. However, I've had had my Nacho JLU for little more than a week, and it's still pretty stock. When I drive this one it's like I don't exist. Waves that I received are down 90%. I can even initiate the wav and people just blow right by me as if I'm not there..lol

IMG_20200608_115042.jpg

IMG_20210119_123506.jpg
Eric: I'm going to write your experience off to...well, "forum/internet culture," where we "like" things.

I think people are confusing internet likes with Jeep Waves, liking your built up rig over your stock one.

In practice, a Jeep Wave should be about waving to those who have something in common with you: Jeep culture, which comes in many forms. And I'd like to think which Wrangler you drive, and whatever you've done to mod it, if anything, should be irrelevant.

BlackToe

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0T
It depends where you live. Here in Colorado, if i waved at every stock wrangler my fingers would fall off.
I too live in Colorado. Agreed if I waved at every Wrangler I came across there wouldn't be any time left for driving. Although I still occasionally initiate a wave and always wave back when waved at.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
There are so many non-jeep people who drive wranglers now that I only wave at modifed jeeps or jeeps that wave at me. The jeep wave is different now and years ago I had too many JKs not wave back. If a stock looking jeep waves to me I wave back, but I rarely initiate tha wave. A modified jeep I usually initiate the wave. I also wave at other brands that are clealy offroaders from their modifications because to me it is about waving to fellow offroaders who have a similar interest.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Many times, I find that when I’m waved at that I’m concentrating on something else, notice the wave, but they’re always passing me by the time I can try to return the wave. They probably think I’m an asshole.:captain:

I try to think of this perspective when I don’t get a wave back.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Especially in order to make that comparison statement, the exact same people would need to be polled.
Oh we definitely need a poll to break down the technical differences on why people wave and get to the bottom of this once and for all......
It is funny to find this thread today.
No worries, there will be another thread tomorrow on "why do Jeeps with 33s wave more than 35s?"
There are so many non-jeep people who drive wranglers now that I only wave at modifed jeeps or jeeps that wave at me. The jeep wave is different now and years ago I had too many JKs not wave back. If a stock looking jeep waves to me I wave back, but I rarely initiate tha wave. A modified jeep I usually initiate the wave. I also wave at other brands that are clealy offroaders from their modifications because to me it is about waving to fellow offroaders who have a similar interest.
Excellent dissertation - I have printed this off and taped it to my visor to refer to when I have questions on whether or not to wave.

Yeah, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed lol.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I was all excited to read about different jeep wave oil changes at the dealership, 5qt vs 6qt. Guess I misread the title :)

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Wave Double Standard tenor

If they don't wave back....

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm