2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Chaps my hide.......

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you in production? Too late to request a change?

Given this change maybe they read this forum 😉
Per Jeep Chat and dealership it has been built and is going to another building for additional accessory installation. I'm guessing the all weather floor mats and possibly the front camera.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Per Jeep Chat and dealership it has been built and is going to another building for additional accessory installation. I'm guessing the all weather floor mats and possibly the front camera.
Bummer - but also good news you will have it soon. Last resort would be to ask if the dealer could swap the roof for you with something they have on the lot and give you a credit - unlikely I know.

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
I just tried building a 4xe in granite and chief and their was NO option for a black hardtop.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Online there is no option but online happened long after dealers could order, so dealers may have it.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
Dealers have it you just have to specify

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealers have it you just have to specify
You do now. I literally ordered mine while looking at the sales manager's order screen. We went one by one through the options and a black top wasn't an option. It must have changed very recently. It also isn't an option on the jeep released build specs put on this forum. I'm glad they have opened it up. I just wonder why the heck it wasn't originally. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mistake on the Rubicon and they have caught it after people complaining.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
You do now. I literally ordered mine while looking at the sales manager's order screen. We went one by one through the options and a black top wasn't an option. It must have changed very recently. It also isn't an option on the jeep released build specs put on this forum. I'm glad they have opened it up. I just wonder why the heck it wasn't originally. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mistake on the Rubicon and they have caught it after people complaining.
It became available Jan 20

BiscuitEater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
FYI, posted this on the 4xe order status thread:

Ordered a 4xe Rubicon with a handful of options on 1/20, VIN on 1/21, received D1 status on 1/25 with a ship date of 2/23. On 2/8 I asked for a mod to get the black hardtop instead of body color which was approved, ship date got bumped to 3/2. I’m in CA and optimistic to see it by 3/21.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
It would be nice, and comforting to those ordering, if Jeep.com would update their Build and Price to include the black hardtop. I just checked on Jeep.com and the black hardtop is still not listed as an option. I am not claiming that it isn't available, several other people say it is available when ordering through their dealer. I believe them.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
If that is true, it will chap my hide as I wanted a black top. I wanted the same color setup I currently have.
I wouldn’t get too chapped. ;)

After you take delivery, just post it up for trade in the classified ads here on the forum. The fact that FCA can charge a $1,000 premium for a color-matched top is evidence that a lot of folks like them (especially in the more subtle colors - which is what you’ll have).

I’m thinking you won’t have to wait long to find someone willing to trade their black top plus a few Benjamins for your body-color top. Heck, post your ad now to give you more time to line up a buyer :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: