Sponsored

Light bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper?

T-REX DAWG

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I have a 2020 Rubicon with a steel bumper that I want to add a brush guard to. I have seen some that have a space for a 20" LED light bar but it looks like it is one whole new bumper. Does anyone know a place to get just the bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
Welcome!! Personally, for me, I don't like the look as much of the lights on the bar but that's me. I mounted my lights on the winch plate since it came with tabs on it for lights or you can just tack on some tabs on the bar for lights if you're able to. Then the question arises of whether to just put that money towards a whole new bumper that has a bullbar/stinger after spending what you would on all of the add ons. Up to you and what you plan to do (add a winch or other things to it). Let's see what other come up with as well :) Here is something to look into though! https://www.morris4x4center.com/warn-stinger-grille-guard-tube-for-jl-oe-rubicon-bumper.html

OP
OP
T-REX DAWG

T-REX DAWG

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Welcome!! Personally, for me, I don't like the look as much of the lights on the bar but that's me. I mounted my lights on the winch plate since it came with tabs on it for lights or you can just tack on some tabs on the bar for lights if you're able to. Then the question arises of whether to just put that money towards a whole new bumper that has a bullbar/stinger after spending what you would on all of the add ons. Up to you and what you plan to do (add a winch or other things to it). Let's see what other come up with as well :) Here is something to look into though! https://www.morris4x4center.com/warn-stinger-grille-guard-tube-for-jl-oe-rubicon-bumper.html
Thanks for the reply and link. Great info!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I have a 2020 Rubicon with a steel bumper that I want to add a brush guard to. I have seen some that have a space for a 20" LED light bar but it looks like it is one whole new bumper. Does anyone know a place to get just the bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper?

Thanks!

I have the Mopar grille guard. I like it due to it's low profile so that it does not interfere with the trail camera (much).

Jeep Wrangler JL Light bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper? bar

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I put the Mopar winch guard on the factory steel bumper and then added a 10" light bar Rigid, mounted using the Mopar brackets and it works good is protected.
Jeep Wrangler JL Light bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper? 20201027_174746

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm partial to the Maximus-3 SLP bull bar. It's 2.5" thick vs the 2" used by most all other companies. It looks more proportionate to the Jeep. This particular bar leaves exactly 6" of space between it and the top of the steel bumper. I believe they also carry light bar mounts that use the 3 center top bumper bolts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Light bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper? 20200815_110338_resized

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you mount light on the guard? I was wondering whether it obstructs the Camera view.
Yes and yes. My camera is now obstructed. So I will have to do something different. I think I will mount my off road lights directly to my steel bumper and I am considering removing my grill guard so I can use my camera.

Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Yes and yes. My camera is now obstructed. So I will have to do something different. I think I will mount my off road lights directly to my steel bumper and I am considering removing my grill guard so I can use my camera.
Thanks.

Please let me know how the view is after relocating the lights. Are you using Mopar lights?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks.

Please let me know how the view is after relocating the lights. Are you using Mopar lights?
Yes. They are the 7" Mopar LED off road lights. They were expensive but I am very happy with the light out put. I just have to find a better location for them so I can use my front camera.

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Jeep Wrangler JL Light bar that will fit to my factory steel bumper? F1EC35D4-8134-469D-A3B5-4E8CC60D6BC8

Rockhard winch guard. Works well.

Sam
Sponsored