Sponsored

FEBRUARY trails..

VS1VS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I'm most likely going to be in Cabo in the beginning of the month, but looking to start a thread on monthly trail rides in the So Cal area. I personally don't have anything planned for this month, but open for invites. I'm hoping to help people, including myself to get out more with likeminded individuals! I'm in San Diego and looking to wheeling with some of you guys/gals.

Let's start a monthly thread for the So Cal area..
Sponsored

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU sport, 20 LR Model Y AWD, 17 Silverado 1500
Occupation
Information Technology
Not quite february but next weekend I'll be taking the wife and kids out to Inscription canyon to look at some pictographs and do some light wheeling. Then The next weekend we'll be headed to the trilobyte wilderness off the i-40 to go fossil hunting. Others are always welcome to join.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Not quite february but next weekend I'll be taking the wife and kids out to Inscription canyon to look at some pictographs and do some light wheeling. Then The next weekend we'll be headed to the trilobyte wilderness off the i-40 to go fossil hunting. Others are always welcome to join.
I'm interested in hitting some SoCal scenic trails starting around April. Not into "rock crawling" type of trails--I think the proper word is "overlanding"? Anyway, maybe it makes sense to create 12 different threads named after each month, e.g. "February (SoCal)", "March (SoCal)", etc. where we can post trail suggestions for each month and those who interested can join? I'd prefer to communicate through this forum as I don't have and will not have any BigTech social accounts.

Last edited:

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
I'm interested to hit some SoCal scenic trails starting around April. Not into "rock crawling" type of trails--I think the proper word is "overlanding"? Anyway, maybe it makes sense to create 12 different threads named after each month, e.g. "February (SoCal)", "March (SoCal)", etc. where we can post trail suggestions for each month and those who interested can join? I'd prefer to communicate through this forum as I don't have and will not have any BigTech social accounts.
We're the same. Not interested in beating up the Jeep just for the sake of the thrill of beating up the Jeep! LOL. To each their own. We just like getting into the outdoors and into remote areas to do cool stuff!

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

We're the same. Not interested in beating up the Jeep just for the sake of the thrill of beating up the Jeep! LOL. To each their own. We just like getting into the outdoors and into remote areas to do cool stuff!
Sounds like my kind of people! :like:

Sponsored

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
I'm most likely going to be in Cabo in the beginning of the month, but looking to start a thread on monthly trail rides in the So Cal area. I personally don't have anything planned for this month, but open for invites. I'm hoping to help people, including myself to get out more with likeminded individuals! I'm in San Diego and looking to wheeling with some of you guys/gals.

Let's start a monthly thread for the So Cal area..
Love the idea. Monthly/Weekly meet-ups!
I would like to do some scenic trails in the area but also interested in doing some with some obstacles. This sounds like a great idea to get out and meet some people, see some trails and get experience. I just got my Jeep (2019 JLUR on 35s) and I am almost always up for a trip. As a teacher I have weekends mostly free along with some holidays here and there.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Love the idea. Monthly/Weekly meet-ups!
I would like to do some scenic trails in the area but also interested in doing some with some obstacles. This sounds like a great idea to get out and meet some people, see some trails and get experience. I just got my Jeep (2019 JLUR on 35s) and I am almost always up for a trip. As a teacher I have weekends mostly free along with some holidays here and there.
Congrats on the new Jeep. Get ready to spend. :) Love and run the 35s myself.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Excellent ideas. Is it fair to say that we should have at least a CB radio for communication while on trail? I am sure there are other must have items, but the radio type should be agreed upon ahead of time. Would be cool to get someone experienced to chime in and hopefully join these meet-ups moving forward.

@VS1VS Maybe post this thread link in https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eep-badge-of-honor-trail-in-california.63966/ and see if any of them can join you guys in February? I remember there were some guys in that thread who have expressed their desire to help out the new Jeepers. ✌

Keith C

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
High School Athletic Director/ Track Timer
Excellent ideas. Is it fair to say that we should have at least a CB radio for communication while on trail? I am sure there are other must have items, but the radio type should be agreed upon ahead of time. Would be cool to get someone experienced to chime in and hopefully join these meet-ups moving forward.

@VS1VS Maybe post this thread link in https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eep-badge-of-honor-trail-in-california.63966/ and see if any of them can join you guys in February? I remember there were some guys in that thread who have expressed their desire to help out the new Jeepers. ✌
I have GMRS.

Sponsored

hsracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2DR JL Sport (Sold); 2022 JLU Sport S ordered
I would love to join. I'm up for easy to moderate trails. Don't mind some rocks here or there as long as it's not too crazy or there's a bypass. My schedule is kind of all over the place. I have a CB but no GRMS yet

ob-one

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 WJ, 18 Challenger, 02&04 WRX, 73 FJ40
Hello all
just joined the forum but have been following it since we got our jeep March 2019
i am very interested in joining
new to off-road adventures

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
The next weekend we'll be headed to the trilobyte wilderness off the i-40 to go fossil hunting. Others are always welcome to join.
Are you going to hit any of the Mojave Trail?

CurlyOffroad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Information Technology
Are you going to hit any of the Mojave Trail?
Not on this outing unfortunately. I've spent a good amount of time camping in Afton canyon, but haven't been in almost ten years. I always had a blast out there. So much good riding. Dunes, washes, canyon, and a lot of nice single track out that way. I don't ride bikes anymore thanks to a drunk driver hitting me years ago and messing up my body, but it would be fun to take the Jeep out there for sure.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Not on this outing unfortunately. I've spent a good amount of time camping in Afton canyon, but haven't been in almost ten years. I always had a blast out there. So much good riding. Dunes, washes, canyon, and a lot of nice single track out that way. I don't ride bikes anymore thanks to a drunk driver hitting me years ago and messing up my body, but it would be fun to take the Jeep out there for sure.
I was planning on doing the complete trail at some point. They supposedly filled up some of the water crossing, so even a Subaru can cross it.
Sponsored