Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. The weight is about the same as the S2000, slightly less HP but more torque, so it should be a pretty fun car to drive.

I hope it will fit a 9" wheel in the front like the S2000. That and either a STI or TRD/GR version... even without boost.
Don't forget the ND MIata; it weighs only 2,300 lbs

I have a 2018 124 Spider Abarth: it weighs 2,400 lbs with the manual transmission. The Fiat 1.4 turbo motor is a hoot!
Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say 1611597102809

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say 1611597020007
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Don't forget the ND MIata; it weighs only 2,300 lbs

I have a 2018 124 Spider Abarth: it weighs 2,400 lbs with the manual transmission. The Fiat 1.4 turbo motor is a hoot!

Nice!

Miata is definitely a possibility, but I think I want something with a fixed roof this time. I don't use a convertible enough to make it worth the hassle, and the RF costs/weighs more.

I really want a Cayman, but it's about twice the cost of a BRZ/86... and then there's the maintenance costs.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say
"looks like it can go anywhere", had that said to me several times. I just say, just about.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
@COJLGirl,

This comparison (below) from @Rogues Gambit says it all. How can anyone driving an imitation of an egg complain or say anything derogatory about a Wrangler?

There are not many of these vehicles you can pick out of a lineup. They all look, feel, drive, smell, and probably taste the same.

If this chart were missing the titles of each make or model next to it, could you then name any of them? Perhaps a few but not many. They're all nearly identically the same.

It's as if every car company asked their engineers to sit down at a computer screen and calculate the most aerodynamic (butt-ugly) car possible. Each and every one is the oblong ugly, fuggly egg.

No thanks. My Wrangler stands out, over and above this runny egg salad soup. Definitely anything but tasty (yuk).

I much prefer my Wrangler (at home):

Or out and about:

Let the egg beaters say all the stupid things they want. I'll let them eat my lunch all day, everyday and twice on Sunday. That is if they can even try to follow along to one of my many favorite wilderness picnic spots.

Jay
My friend sent me a listing for some Benz, GL something, told him to GTFO and said for the same price, get a Sport+ or used Diesel Wrangler/Gladiator

Hes always on the prowl, always wants pussy, and he thinks some generic crossover with a douchy german badge will get him more vadge than a topless Jeep?

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
My friend sent me a listing for some Benz, GL something, told him to GTFO and said for the same price, get a Sport+ or used Diesel Wrangler/Gladiator

Hes always on the prowl, always wants pussy, and he thinks some generic crossover with a douchy german badge will get him more vadge than a topless Jeep?
Probably matters where he is casting. If he is in Beverly Hills or other high rent/snooty neighborhoods, the GL probably conveys some level of status a Wrangler wouldn't. If that is what you want, then all the power to you. I grew up in Orange County California and after being around women from Newport Beach I decided a socialite wasn't anything I would ever want to deal with let alone have a relationship with, but to each their own. I mean somehow the Kardashians are famous and that is why most other developed countries think less of us now ;)

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Probably matters where he is casting. If he is in Beverly Hills or other high rent/snooty neighborhoods, the GL probably conveys some level of status a Wrangler wouldn't. If that is what you want, then all the power to you. I grew up in Orange County California and after being around women from Newport Beach I decided a socialite wasn't anything I would ever want to deal with let alone have a relationship with, but to each their own. I mean somehow the Kardashians are famous and that is why most other developed countries think less of us now ;)
All summer, hes at the beach, tries to invite me when im 9-5 (He's a train conductor)

Since he's a Diesel freak, its really JLU or JT, as there aren't any new Diesel SUV's and while he can buy used, why not CPO that took a depreciation hit?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Always a shame the Honda jet never "took off" with the aviation community. My favorite Honda's will always be the S2000 and NSR400 that Freddie Spencer used to ride. Two-stroke three cylinder craziness. I never owned either one, but should would have loved to drive/ride either one. Almost bought an RZ350, which was a hell of a ride.
I owned an RZ350 way back in the day. It was a blast. Light and would rev to the sky.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Apparently I do not posses the ability to explain it to you. Yet I will try one more time. Honda and Toyota do make some cool vehicles. You just hardly ever see them. Must be all the cool Honda and cool Toyotas are just so cool they are kept in hiding. While you drive around this week, count how many NSX or Supras you see on the street and count how many wrangler you see on the street. Maybe through some basic math you will be able to understand that there are way more people, (the masses) driving wranglers vs people (the masses) driving NSX or Supras.

My post are not about putting down Honda or Toyota. They do make great things. Just the things they make for the masses, are boring.

Then again, who knows, maybe you have a great time driving an Accord or a Camry. Maybe on the weekend, you are jonesing to drive the Accord to the coffee shop or meet up with other Accord owners and talk about gas mileage. Hell I just don't know. Maybe I will have to educate myself and do some google searches about Accord and Camry owner meet ups. After all it sounds like a blast.

In the motorcycle world a long standing joke.

You know what they say about Honda? They make awesome generators and okay motorcycles.
Supras and NSXs were just easy examples to disprove your, "There is not one person on the planet that looks back 29 years and dreams about riding in a Honda or Toyota" comment. Just like your story about you and your friend cruising around, I'm sure there are plenty of people reminiscing about days with their buddies neutral slamming Civics with 280k over and over, jumping railroad tracks, road trips, or even create an offroading business and YouTube channel primarily based on Toyota trucks (Ronny Dahl).

As for Wranglers are everywhere because they're fun vehicles, what percent of those do you see with the doors off, or top off, or how about evidence its been offroad? 1 in 10? 1 in 40? Just like how you said Supras and NSXs are hiding in garages, so are the vast majority of Wranglers hiding from the trail. Most Wranglers are nothing more than boring daily drivers for the general population.

Since you mentioned Camry and Accord I'll roll with those. Manual Accords have been loved by plenty of enthusiasts and car reviewers for generations. Camys are now what, 13-second 1/4 mile cars now if I remember correctly? I'm sure there are Camryforums.com and Hondaforums.com site just like JLWranglerforums.com along with Facebook groups too. I'm betting on these platforms Accords and Camrys people put lots of time and money into their vehicles, some are probably very interested in hypermiling too.

As for trying to insult X car meetups, have you not seen the countless derogatory memes of Jeeps? Jeep meetups are not more, "glamorous" to the general public than a group of Hondas/Toyotas/Chevys/Mazdas/etc.

In the end I've enjoyed our conversation however, I have spent enough time on this. If you reply I'll more than likely read it, but you can have the last word if you want. I'll still Jeep Wave you if we ever pass each other.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
🥊🥊....and in this corner, from Lansing Michigan........

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
There is no implied anger in my post and I am not trying to upset anyone.
Haha I hear ya Ted, just having some fun. I was happy to see B-D took the high road too. We’re all Jeep family.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Supras and NSXs were just easy examples to disprove your, "There is not one person on the planet that looks back 29 years and dreams about riding in a Honda or Toyota" comment. Just like your story about you and your friend cruising around, I'm sure there are plenty of people reminiscing about days with their buddies neutral slamming Civics with 280k over and over, jumping railroad tracks, road trips, or even create an offroading business and YouTube channel primarily based on Toyota trucks (Ronny Dahl).

As for Wranglers are everywhere because they're fun vehicles, what percent of those do you see with the doors off, or top off, or how about evidence its been offroad? 1 in 10? 1 in 40? Just like how you said Supras and NSXs are hiding in garages, so are the vast majority of Wranglers hiding from the trail. Most Wranglers are nothing more than boring daily drivers for the general population.

Since you mentioned Camry and Accord I'll roll with those. Manual Accords have been loved by plenty of enthusiasts and car reviewers for generations. Camys are now what, 13-second 1/4 mile cars now if I remember correctly? I'm sure there are Camryforums.com and Hondaforums.com site just like JLWranglerforums.com along with Facebook groups too. I'm betting on these platforms Accords and Camrys people put lots of time and money into their vehicles, some are probably very interested in hypermiling too.

As for trying to insult X car meetups, have you not seen the countless derogatory memes of Jeeps? Jeep meetups are not more, "glamorous" to the general public than a group of Hondas/Toyotas/Chevys/Mazdas/etc.

In the end I've enjoyed our conversation however, I have spent enough time on this. If you reply I'll more than likely read it, but you can have the last word if you want. I'll still Jeep Wave you if we ever pass each other.
You are probably right, I have been wrong before. I remember being in a chevy Caviler and a friend jumping is and breaking the sub frame and skidding to a stop on a back country road. This world is made up of all kinds of enthusiastic vehicle owners. Jeep does not have that locked down.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
“I heard Jeeps ride rough, is that true?”