Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Non-Wrangler owner: "Is driving a Jeep really that much fun, or is that the new iphone 12 ProMax in your pocket?"
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So you're saying that yes, people DO buy Toyotas and Honda for fun and have great memories in them.
Apparently I do not posses the ability to explain it to you. Yet I will try one more time. Honda and Toyota do make some cool vehicles. You just hardly ever see them. Must be all the cool Honda and cool Toyotas are just so cool they are kept in hiding. While you drive around this week, count how many NSX or Supras you see on the street and count how many wrangler you see on the street. Maybe through some basic math you will be able to understand that there are way more people, (the masses) driving wranglers vs people (the masses) driving NSX or Supras.

My post are not about putting down Honda or Toyota. They do make great things. Just the things they make for the masses, are boring.

Then again, who knows, maybe you have a great time driving an Accord or a Camry. Maybe on the weekend, you are jonesing to drive the Accord to the coffee shop or meet up with other Accord owners and talk about gas mileage. Hell I just don't know. Maybe I will have to educate myself and do some google searches about Accord and Camry owner meet ups. After all it sounds like a blast.

In the motorcycle world a long standing joke.

You know what they say about Honda? They make awesome generators and okay motorcycles.

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just another perspective: the masses need (and I contend: want) more boring daily commutor and soccer mom vehicles than "exciting" vehicles.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
My 5 ft. 5 in. mom asked me why I got a Wrangler (again) and lifted it. She says itā€™s like climbing a mountain to get in/out when I take her to church on Sundays. I told her that people had to climb a mountain to listen to Jesus in the Bible so Iā€™m just doing my part to help her live a true Christian life :LOL:!
Dang thanks Bro love that.... Now I can explain it to my mother.... Whew.... I owe you one..

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Since old or modified Toyotas and Hondas are apparently not allowed, here are some new ones that some people might find desirable.

You forgot

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.23.29 AM

I have a 79, my camping and shopping bike.

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say P7120025.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Wow, this is one roller coaster of a thread. A lot of gatekeeping going on here.

Some parts of this thread I feel should be named, "Stupid Things Jeep Owners Say To Each Other"

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Since old or modified Toyotas and Hondas are apparently not allowed, here are some new ones that some people might find desirable.

Always a shame the Honda jet never "took off" with the aviation community. My favorite Honda's will always be the S2000 and NSR400 that Freddie Spencer used to ride. Two-stroke three cylinder craziness. I never owned either one, but should would have loved to drive/ride either one. Almost bought an RZ350, which was a hell of a ride.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So you're saying that yes, people DO buy Toyotas and Honda for fun and have great memories in them.
You nailed it. Wonderful memories are not the exclusivity of Jeep.

You can own a rusted out bicycle and still create great memories with it.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just another perspective: the masses need (and I contend: want) more boring daily commutor and soccer mom vehicles than "exciting" vehicles.
Safe sells. There have been some interesting designs in the history of the vehicle and risks seem to end up going badly for traditional vehicles more often than not. The Chevy Avalanche and Pontiac Aztec always come to mind as low hanging fruit that was rotten in the car buyers mind within weeks on the shelf. The best press the Aztec got was for being a drug makers vehicle.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Always a shame the Honda jet never "took off" with the aviation community. My favorite Honda's will always be the S2000 and NSR400 that Freddie Spencer used to ride. Two-stroke three cylinder craziness. I never owned either one, but should would have loved to drive/ride either one. Almost bought an RZ350, which was a hell of a ride.
The problem with Honda, IMO, is that it runs its business on a shoe string. Honda takes pride in being able to do more with less, but in some instances less just isnā€™t enough.

As consumer tastes evolve and automaking becomes increasingly complex, Honda is having a tough time adapting.

We should never underestimate Honda, but it is going through a rough patch right now: it got slammed with millions of Takata airbags that need to be replaced on Hondaā€™s dime, a ZF 9-speed automatic transmission that has been ridiculously problematic ā€”dragging Honda down in the quality rankings, a grossly outdated infotainment suite, and now COVID.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I daily drive a pretty stock S2000, and typically only drive the JLR to the mall on the weekends (as it's the "big" vehicle). Unfortunately the S2000 is getting a little too rare and hard to maintain to continue being a daily driver, and I have starting to look for a replacement. Right now I'm thinking it might be the 2022 BRZ or 86.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I daily drive a pretty stock S2000, and typically only drive the JLR to the mall on the weekends (as it's the "big" vehicle). Unfortunately the S2000 is getting a little too rare and hard to maintain to continue being a daily driver, and I have starting to look for a replacement. Right now I'm thinking it might be the 2022 BRZ or 86.
The upcoming BRZ/86 look great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say 1611590091047

Jeep Wrangler JL Stupid things non-Wrangler owners say 1611590124572

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
The upcoming BRZ/86 look great!

Agreed. The weight is about the same as the S2000, slightly less HP but more torque, so it should be a pretty fun car to drive.

I hope it will fit a 9" wheel in the front like the S2000. That and either a STI or TRD/GR version... even without boost.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with Honda, IMO, is that it runs its business on a shoe string. Honda takes pride in being able to do more with less, but in some instances less just isnā€™t enough.

As consumer tastes evolve and automaking becomes increasingly complex, Honda is having a tough time adapting.

We should never underestimate Honda, but it is going through a rough patch right now: it got slammed with millions of Takata airbags that need to be replaced on Hondaā€™s dime, a ZF 9-speed automatic transmission that has been ridiculously problematic ā€”dragging Honda down in the quality rankings, a grossly outdated infotainment suite, and now COVID.
I had four Honda vehicles in my life and they were ridiculously reliable, but about as much fun to drive as running a marathon in an empty parking garage. They were commuter cars and at that they excelled. I really like Tesla's and have thought of getting one on a number of occasions and although ridiculously quick have a sterile almost automaton feel to them.

I have a reservation for the CyberTruck, but just can't see going through with it. Driving with no top and sometimes no doors and having the freedom to drive almost anywhere has spoiled me to the Jeep and the thrills it provides that no other vehicle I have owned has provided.
Sponsored