First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Ken, thanks for that, I will carefully consider your experience. I do know that she had a moderator go rogue on her in a very bad way, under the original name for the group - to the point where she had to drop a lawsuit on her. The new group is “Official Ducking Jeeps est2020.”

Is it possible it could have been those rogue elements, and not Allison, that caused all of that ugliness?
Jeff, regardless of rogue elements - she owns the group and she was the one that appointed the moderators. If you click on my link, I posted a screenshot of the ultimatum that she gave to the group about certain subject matter and thats when I left (I was only there for a short while). That group is super charged with drama - granted there were a lot of very nice people there, but most of them wanted to separation in the topic of politics and religion with Jeep ducking - but since it is her group instead of respecting the consensus, a lot of people were kicked out for just voicing out opposition to her and the moderators.

And honestly, I am not surprised that she drop a lawsuit on her moderator - in my opinion such is the modus operandi of the victimization of SJW (yes I am harsh, but I am also sick of the woke and cancel culture that has been permeating through out country). Once things don't go well, they are quick to take the victimization mentality and sue.

Jeep ducking is a happy thing - and should remain a happy thing. I think us fellow Jeeper are a passionate and caring group coming under the fact that we own a Jeep which is not just a vehicle but also a lifestyle. I have no problem dropping something that would bring a smile to anyone but to be an instrument of not so healthy group (IMO) and inadvertently subject a fellow Jeeper to a potential grievances - when the fellow Jeep, giddy with happiness of being ducked, joined the group only to find that it does not meet their expectation - or worst going against the expectation - is unfortunate.

Yes I do have tendency to write longer post (TLDR haha) but you also know that I love joking with many here, yes I know that I have super whacked sense of OMFG humor and people accuses me of drinking way too much coffee along with OOOH LOOK A SQUIRREL but I really love this forum and the people in this forum - enough for me to warn and voice out the negative aspect of this Jeep Ducking group.

Good hearing from you Jeff! Happy New Year!!! :like:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... It might be a great idea to do duck without the hastag.....
That's what my wife did. You can put a duck on a Jeep with a simple message of "nice Jeep" or something like that. Why bother with all the social media crap?

Duck a Jeep simply to say, nice Jeep, and to bring a smile to someone's face. Even if Especially if you never even see them smile. Then it's about making them happy, not about them knowing you did it.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Just buy a bunch of little ducks, and make your own note. It would help to have an explanation on the note, what the duck was for. Most have no idea.
Ducking isn't a thing I do, but it made me smile, especially after all the election BS.
I totally agree. I have gotten three ducks and they always made me and my kids smile. Of course there are people who don't want their Jeeps touched or to touch something that someone else has touched and I certainly get that in today's environment. I have not ducked any other Jeep, but I will say they are yet another little example of what separates the Jeep community from others.

One idea is to start another Facebook group called Quack Quack Jeeps (QQJ) with #quackingjeeps and #quackquackjeep and moderate it to be just about friendliness and community and keep all the BS out of it. I am not spending any energy to do this, so this idea is free to anyone who wants it ... I mean unless you are an a-hole or a zealot or some social media influencer or .....

I always tell people that if you had to have a single vehicle, where if you went on social media with a problem or you were stuck somewhere there would be people that would help and I can't for certain say that about any other community I have followed.

Bumblb

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Jeff, regardless of rogue elements - she owns the group and she was the one that appointed the moderators. If you click on my link, I posted a screenshot of the ultimatum that she gave to the group about certain subject matter and thats when I left (I was only there for a short while). That group is super charged with drama - granted there were a lot of very nice people there, but most of them wanted to separation in the topic of politics and religion with Jeep ducking - but since it is her group instead of respecting the consensus, a lot of people were kicked out for just voicing out opposition to her and the moderators.

And honestly, I am not surprised that she drop a lawsuit on her moderator - in my opinion such is the modus operandi of the victimization of SJW (yes I am harsh, but I am also sick of the woke and cancel culture that has been permeating through out country). Once things don't go well, they are quick to take the victimization mentality and sue.

Jeep ducking is a happy thing - and should remain a happy thing. I think us fellow Jeeper are a passionate and caring group coming under the fact that we own a Jeep which is not just a vehicle but also a lifestyle. I have no problem dropping something that would bring a smile to anyone but to be an instrument of not so healthy group (IMO) and inadvertently subject a fellow Jeeper to a potential grievances - when the fellow Jeep, giddy with happiness of being ducked, joined the group only to find that it does not meet their expectation - or worst going against the expectation - is unfortunate.

Yes I do have tendency to write longer post (TLDR haha) but you also know that I love joking with many here, yes I know that I have super whacked sense of OMFG humor and people accuses me of drinking way too much coffee along with OOOH LOOK A SQUIRREL but I really love this forum and the people in this forum - enough for me to warn and voice out the negative aspect of this Jeep Ducking group.

Good hearing from you Jeff! Happy New Year!!! :like:
You sound like someone with their head on straight and a good heart, just the type of person that makes this a great forum and adds to the unique Jeep community!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
2 Ducks and a Cozy? Lol apparently there is now a group called Jeep mafia leaving cold drink cozies on windshields. Got one two weeks ago with a message Nice Rig! ...I was pleasantly surprised again! Needless to say I had no idea what the duck thing was when I got them with their messages (one w/a poem the other a list of why they liked my Jeep) until I read the post here. It did make me lol so there is that!

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
In my opinion this (duckduckjeep) is pure waste of time and resources. You are spending your money, your time and my time on a stupid toy, also, you are wasting earths resources on this stupid toy again while there is already a climate change happening. We were supposed to be frugal and not increase our carbon foot print unnecessarily but yet here we are..
Oh good lord Francis. Lighten up fun guy.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Fantastic idea Bill (or William). Since you said that the idea is free to anyone who wants it - I took up on your offer and just create a Facebook group with intention of creating some neutral happy friendly Jeep group in the future (no worries no chipmunk involved). I am not planning to do anything right now - but down the road I might just do something about it as an alternative for the present group for all the happy Jeepers!

Woot woot! Ken

P.S: Nice kilt with sporran there!! :like: Its super comfortable if its real cotton or wool (the synthetic one makes my skin itchy yeck) - I know cause I have a few casual kilts too *grins* that I bought from my trips to England and Scotland. Cheers.

Kirk, thank you for your kind comments. I think that birds of a feather flock together - and in order to understand what is important to us (ie kindness, being caring, empathy, all the good qualities - and along with the bad) we must be able to relate to it. So same applies to you! It is awesome that there are so many people here that shares the same mindset! Yes I might need to have less coffee, or take some medication for my OCD and ADD but still the reason why this forum is such an awesome place is that we all can relate!! :like: Here's to you and all of us Kirk :rock:

Ps. Nice looking dog!!!!! :involve::involve::involve:
No worries and just let us all know the name of the Facebook page whenever you decide to get it started.

I really do like kilts and I have some wool and some polyester, which are not uncomfortable to me. I bought a few casual kilts from Scotland and they were great value.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Having gotten up at 6am with the dog i read through all 19 pages while sipping my coffee and man, some of the people here must be really fun at parties.

Haven't gotten ducked yet but if my wife finds out this exists she might turn into a mass ducker (wait, what?)

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Having gotten up at 6am with the dog i read through all 19 pages while sipping my coffee and man, some of the people here must be really fun at parties.

Haven't gotten ducked yet but if my wife finds out this exists she might turn into a mass ducker (wait, what?)
damn all 19 pages ?? now u need to buy some lol

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
my kids and I had our first, last, and only ducking experience the other day. We ran into a cranky type, and it almost went to physical violence.

so the kids learn about the jeep ducking, and want to play. Very first one the dude absolutely lost his mind Swearing, threatening to beat my ass, yelling. I get between him and my kid and get my kid and get him loaded in the car. Dude grabbed something from the back of his jeep, couldnt see what, so I set up to clear concealment, draw, and fire. He stared at me for a minute, put whatever it was back, walked around the front of his jeep and power slammed the duck into the ground, gave my kid the finger through the window and turned around. I got in and drove off.

pretty jacked up world we live in when putting a “have a great day” note on a car in the middle of first world western culture gets them to react in such a deranged and irrational a way that almost gets them shot.

Last edited:

Bumblb

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S
Damn. Sorry your first experience was such a nut job. You should buy a lottery ticket because out of the thousands and thousands of nice sane Jeep people out there you randomly chose a looney.

Give it another try. Maybe you’ll meet a grateful friendly old guy with a big white dog.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Tell us where you are located and maybe several jeepers could meet yall somewhere for your kids to duck randomly.

appreciate that. Ill probably work with my local club to do something like that. They like jeeps and jeepers, so theyd get a kick out of it. We wont do it at random again, though. It came too close to having to shoot a guy over it today.

i spent several years a long tome ago as a city cop in a major metro area before i went to the military. And even after all that, and knowing how irrational people can be i was still a bit surprised at this dude. He had a modded jeep and a jeep wave sticker on it so i figured he would have been a good bet for thinking it was fun.

People are just nuts.
Sponsored

Last edited: