Sponsored

HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Just picked up my High Altitude after a mopar 2" lift and Falken Wildpeak 35-12.5r20. Falken recommends 8.5" rim but my tire place said it shouldn't be a problem on 8" rim, NO Spacers, No Rub. Rides great and YES I do see 8th gear on the highway. still need to get tuner to adjust speedo and want to drop pressure a little but very happy how it turned out. An ugly day out but wanted to post a photo so everyone can see.

I also put on the Mopar clone tailgate re-enforcement (amazon $109) and Redrock tire relocation bracket, tire is solid and enough room so backup sensors don't false alarm.
image0.jpg
Dude this looks sweet. Do you think these tires would fit without rubbing or any other modifications without the lift? I'm leasing this same jeep and don't want to do a lift but want the biggest Falken Wildpeaks I can fit on a stock setup. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Pa Phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude, 2018 Audi TTRS
Dude this looks sweet. Do you think these tires would fit without rubbing or any other modifications without the lift? I'm leasing this same jeep and don't want to do a lift but want the biggest Falken Wildpeaks I can fit on a stock setup. Any ideas?
Thanks!
let me take a look in the daylight, I'm not sure how close it is. Someone earlier put on 305/55/R20 and they said they didn't have any rub with out a lift, They are the same width as my 35's, I'm just about 1.5" taller

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Went to pick out the new ride today. They had a dark gray one and a bright White both identical High Altitudes. One thing that made my color choice easy was when I got into the Gray one, there was a puddle of water in the back from an obvious roof leak. It had poured rain a few hours earlier. The white one was bone dry. Both had the One Touch Sky View top. The salesman obviously said they would fix the leak but I read a previous review of this top from a guy who had a leak and the dealer had tried to fix it 3 times and it was still leaking. Got the White one! White seems to be a polarizing color but I think it looks badass with the black rims and badges. Now gotta get those tires swapped out for bigger AT's.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Went to pick out the new ride today. They had a dark gray one and a bright White both identical High Altitudes. One thing that made my color choice easy was when I got into the Gray one, there was a puddle of water in the back from an obvious roof leak. It had poured rain a few hours earlier. The white one was bone dry. Both had the One Touch Sky View top. The salesman obviously said they would fix the leak but I read a previous review of this top from a guy who had a leak and the dealer had tried to fix it 3 times and it was still leaking. Got the White one! White seems to be a polarizing color but I think it looks badass with the black rims and badges. Now gotta get those tires swapped out for bigger AT's.
Nice job on the white! It looks good...nuff said! I ordered mine in the Crystal granite, but I would’ve preferred something a little bit more obnoxiously bright (ie: yellow or chief). Apparently those bright colors are unavailable in the high altitude

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Few questions for the group.
1. Anyone add the factory tow hitch to the High Altitude? Pics?
2. Can the leather seats get wet? In other words, If I have my doors off and get caught in a rain storm are they going to get fucked up because they're the real leather? Do you treat your seats with any protectant?

Sponsored

JEC_PA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

MaineLine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
What size grapplers did you go with? I wanted a snow rated tire with the 3 peak snow rating like the BFGs and Wildpeaks. Looking now to see if the grapplers have that snow rating...

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Few questions for the group.
1. Anyone add the factory tow hitch to the High Altitude? Pics?
2. Can the leather seats get wet? In other words, If I have my doors off and get caught in a rain storm are they going to get fucked up because they're the real leather? Do you treat your seats with any protectant?
1)
pn9r8H6.jpg

ITom5Uu.jpg

2) No, they aren't waterproof. They are water resistant like most automotive seats but if you soak them, you'll have to dry out the foam under the leather for awhile. You won't 'fuck anything up' by getting them wet unless you leave them wet and they mildew. We use Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner, for no particular reason over any other reputable brand and its been keeping them looking good.

Sponsored

hijinx

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon Recon
2) No, they aren't waterproof. They are water resistant like most automotive seats but if you soak them, you'll have to dry out the foam under the leather for awhile. You won't 'fuck anything up' by getting them wet unless you leave them wet and they mildew. We use Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner, for no particular reason over any other reputable brand and its been keeping them looking good.
hey so a random question on what you e said:

how would you go about drying out the foam on the leather seats? I wanna strip her this spring/summer but as my first Jeep and daily and something I plan to keep until I’m dead lol I want to keep it nicer.The insides I mean. I wheel it open but not much gets inside — and I’m so worried about the leather seats wrinkling or being mildew-y or whatever else.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey so a random question on what you e said:

how would you go about drying out the foam on the leather seats? I wanna strip her this spring/summer but as my first Jeep and daily and something I plan to keep until I’m dead lol I want to keep it nicer.The insides I mean. I wheel it open but not much gets inside — and I’m so worried about the leather seats wrinkling or being mildew-y or whatever else.
The foam isn't meant to get soaked, you should avoid it happening in the first place. No need to worry, automotive leather and the foam underneath can handle regular amounts of moisture just fine. People sweat in the summer or after the gym, and people use it after getting soaked by a rain storm or when covered in dirt. It's made to handle all that and last a long time if taken care of and cleaned when necessary. If you get caught in heavy rain with the top off and can't find cover, just make sure to dry your Jeep out ASAP and pull the carpeting out to dry also. If you were to soak the foam under the leather badly, you'd have to figure out a way to ventilate and dry it out which is a process depending on how bad it is. Again, just avoid it if possible, I've seen water damage and the subsequent mold total a vehicle.

Getting hit with a little rain with the top off won't be an issue, especially if you're moving. Just don't try to take it out in a monsoon with the top off while wearing a parka. :like:

hijinx

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon Recon
The foam isn't meant to get soaked, you should avoid it happening in the first place. No need to worry, automotive leather and the foam underneath can handle regular amounts of moisture just fine. People sweat in the summer or after the gym, and people use it after getting soaked by a rain storm or when covered in dirt. It's made to handle all that and last a long time if taken care of and cleaned when necessary. If you get caught in heavy rain with the top off and can't find cover, just make sure to dry your Jeep out ASAP and pull the carpeting out to dry also. If you were to soak the foam under the leather badly, you'd have to figure out a way to ventilate and dry it out which is a process depending on how bad it is. Again, just avoid it if possible, I've seen water damage and the subsequent mold total a vehicle.

Getting hit with a little rain with the top off won't be an issue, especially if you're moving. Just don't try to take it out in a monsoon with the top off while wearing a parka. :like:
Living in Ohio there’s no monsoons but it rains a lot. Now I’m just more worried 😂😂 but I wanna enjoy my Jeep nekkid more than last year. I suppose I’ll invest in a trail cover for when it’s parked 🤷🏼‍♀️

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Living in Ohio there’s no monsoons but it rains a lot. Now I’m just more worried 😂😂 but I wanna enjoy my Jeep nekkid more than last year. I suppose I’ll invest in a trail cover for when it’s parked 🤷🏼‍♀️
Sorry, not trying to freak you out. Waterproof seat covers might be a good option but it would be a shame to cover up those beautiful seats. You could also stow a tarp in the back in case you get caught off guard without your top and pull over and wait it out. Completely saturating the seat is not easy to do unless you leave it out in heavy rain with no top, and it usually can be dried out in your garage with zero damage or funny smells if taken care of in a reasonable amount of time.

A soft top or powered top might be a good option for the ability to put the top up when the weather changes unexpectedly.

Pa Phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude, 2018 Audi TTRS
Thanks!
let me take a look in the daylight, I'm not sure how close it is. Someone earlier put on 305/55/R20 and they said they didn't have any rub with out a lift, They are the same width as my 35's, I'm just about 1.5" taller
Sorry for the delay, took some photos today at full turn in each direction, doesn't look that close but can't say for sure without a lift

Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image0
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image1
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image3
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image0
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image1
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image3
Jeep Wrangler JL HIGH ALTITUDE Edition JL Club Thread image4
Sponsored