What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
Installed a Ronin .50 Cal antenna!

DBC41756-E473-43AF-A907-A0F0B9F30F81.jpeg

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
what is the reason or benefit of attaching the stabilizer to the tie rod using trackbar bolt vs using the “vehicle-specific brackets it comes with to mount in the existing stabilizer location” (per quadratec website).
Also, your saying the one for the JK will fit and work on the JL (I’m assuming if using the trackbar bolt)? Thanks

Two reasons, one is to mount the stabilizer up and out of harms way...The other is I wanted to use a TS (through-shaft) stabilizer design as they are superior to the OEM design.

I used the Synergy combination trackbar bolt/stabilizer stud with the top mount Fox 2.0 TS but as another member mentioned, Steer Smarts also has a stabilizer relocation bracket that may be a better design...I have not yet compared the two but since it is designed to work with an all Steer Smarts (tie rod, draglink & trackbar) setup, I am going to take a close look and may switch when I upgrade my Yeti trackbar with Steer Smarts 'Pro' bushing kit.

Last edited:

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
I figured I would share the way I cut the rubber inset after the 67 designs phone mount install. I only seen cutting the inset off at the bottom corner where I made the arrow. I cut mine to sit on the top of the mount. Fits nicer imho. Also if you put something in the tray it will not hit the metal mount. It does not get in the way of the mount either.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0998

EXPFDR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Billet Silver JLU
Occupation
Army Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Made mod to a mod. Fuel door upgraded.
Didn’t like the faded flag, so I came up with a plan to use my old Army badges to brighten it up.

5A65710B-30C4-426F-81AE-8077601E117C.jpeg

ACBCF10C-A738-4B45-94AC-C8D9F1A0644D.jpeg

6FEBC9B9-07AA-4328-93FD-4F23F77CF304.jpeg

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D
Lots of awesome mods here. I’m probably never going to do the extreme trails many of you do—I will live vicariously through your adventures though.

The main reason I bought a Jeep was the ease to flat tow it behind our RV. We finally got it done. Tested it yesterday for a 20 mile drive. It works well.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6FEBC9B9-07AA-4328-93FD-4F23F77CF304

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6FEBC9B9-07AA-4328-93FD-4F23F77CF304

Here is my chance , I have got to ask ...
We saw this many times during our trips in the US . Now living here for 5 years , where 1.5 is already over , and one of my questions I already wanted an answer on, is about this .
How come the towed car is following the RV smoothly ?
Are the cars wheels turning in short turns ( for example in the mountains ) or are they fixed ?
How come the steering wheel doesn't lock ? ->contact"on" ?
What about the lights , is the contact "on" ? I think it works like a trailer ....but not sure.
Breaking ?
What about your ODO meter ? Does it counts up ? DRive 1000 mi with the RV , and the car has also 1000 mi extra .... ??

For a lot of people this might be the stupidest questions ever , but in Europe you never see something like this . So I'm really curieus how this works. I've been talking to my wife hundreds of times when we see this , wandering how it works. Last summer she even told me to go and ask somebody on a parking lot ..... but I didn't, because people would think , WTF ....🤔,
..... but now I saw this .....

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Changed oil on the 2018 and finally changed out the front drive shaft pinion bolts. When I installed the Adams CV DS, I didn't want to reuse the stock bolts, but couldn't readily find flange head metric bolts. I used some 10.9 hex head bolts from Lowes, but couldn't get a socket on them to torque and didn't completely trust them. Eventually tracked down some ARP bolts and swapped them in. Plus, the ARP's are cheaper than Mopar replacement bolts.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0733
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0735

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
We saw this many times during our trips in the US . Now living here for 5 years , where 1.5 is already over , and one of my questions I already wanted an answer on, is about this .
How come the towed car is following the RV smoothly ?
Are the cars wheels turning in short turns ( for example in the mountains ) or are they fixed ?
How come the steering wheel doesn't lock ? ->contact"on" ?
What about the lights , is the contact "on" ? I think it works like a trailer ....but not sure.
Breaking ?
What about your ODO meter ? Does it counts up ? DRive 1000 mi with the RV , and the car has also 1000 mi extra .... ??

For a lot of people this might be the stupidest questions ever , but in Europe you never see something like this . So I'm really curieus how this works. I've been talking to my wife hundreds of times when we see this , wandering how it works. Last summer she even told me to go and ask somebody on a parking lot ..... but I didn't, because people would think , WTF ....🤔,
..... but now I saw this .....
I know you didn't post the question to me, but I've towed my Jeep for a few thousand miles and feel qualified to answer.
Wranglers do not have locking steering wheels, so the front wheels follow as if the wheel was being turned.
Lights are controlled by the RV once you install the correct wiring into the Jeep. CoolTech makes a great wiring harness for this.
The drivetrain is in neutral at the transfer case and everything in the Jeep is OFF. Your odo never registers any of the added miles. You just have to remember how many towed miles you've put on the Jeep's tires.
Braking can be done by either installing a BrakeBuddy or using an air system. It depends on your RV rig and/or your preference.

I hope this helps.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
And here I was thinking that you were going to ask why he doesn't just drop the ramp and drive the jeep up into the big rig. ;)

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I know you didn't post the question to me, but I've towed my Jeep for a few thousand miles and feel qualified to answer.
Wranglers do not have locking steering wheels, so the front wheels follow as if the wheel was being turned.
Lights are controlled by the RV once you install the correct wiring into the Jeep. CoolTech makes a great wiring harness for this.
The drivetrain is in neutral at the transfer case and everything in the Jeep is OFF. Your odo never registers any of the added miles. You just have to remember how many towed miles you've put on the Jeep's tires.
Braking can be done by either installing a BrakeBuddy or using an air system. It depends on your RV rig and/or your preference.

I hope this helps.
Hi Mike. You did a great job answering that towing question. I’m intrigued about the transmission question. If I flat towed my Jeep (manual trans) would I just leave the transfer case in neutral and the main stick in 6th? Or both in neutral? Also the auto trans, does it stay in park? I thought if the rear wheels are spinning the driveshaft would make the trans spin. Doesn’t this overheat the trans too?
I’d love to know the science of it.
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

fsusp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher, Golf Coach

I hope this helps.
Thank you for answering this. It is essential to have a brake system as well as the wiring harness for the brake lights, etc.

I just had this installed and have not taken it on a long trip yet. But, for the short 20 mile test run, it worked flawlessly. I am still learning the ins and outs of this, so having someone else share their long term experiences is awesome!

The Jeep pivots at the location of where the tow bar is connected to the RV (the bottom of the "V"). There is a little play allowed in the arms at the top of each side of the "V" as well. It was suggested to me that when I begin traveling to take some slow "sharp" turns to lock those points in for better stability and towing for long distances. Is this accurate? I don't know--I haven't had a chance to do this yet. I'll defer to those who have done this for a long time.

I’ve added a closeup picture so one can see where the pivot point is. The person in the picture is the gentleman explaining to me how the system works.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7FBE9C5F-67CA-46E3-8A80-B30AA35539A8

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4440FE44-323F-4344-9216-E8B0B360B9DD

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Bought a Synergy Tie Rod, Drag Link, and Stabilizer Clamp off a fellow JLForums member. Also ordered Synergy LCAs, Sector Shaft Brace, and a Fox Steering Stabilizer. Will post photos after the install, can’t wait to finally have some beefy steering components!

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D

I hope this helps.
Yes , thanks for these answers !!!
I didn't even noticed that my Jeep has no lock on the steering wheel .... :blush::facepalm:

And the box in the second photo? What's its for?

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mike. You did a great job answering that towing question. I’m intrigued about the transmission question. If I flat towed my Jeep (manual trans) would I just leave the transfer case in neutral and the main stick in 6th? Or both in neutral? Also the auto trans, does it stay in park? I thought if the rear wheels are spinning the driveshaft would make the trans spin. Doesn’t this overheat the trans too?
I’d love to know the science of it.
Thanks in advance and have a great day.
Thanks. According to the owners manual you leave manual transmissions in any gear and autos in park. Only the transfer case is in neutral. The trans won't be spinning due to the transfer case in neutral.

The owners manual is the final say on what is correct for towing your particular rig, irregardless of what some dood on the interweb says. :giggle: